Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestlers Upset Over Vickie G's Pay?

Status

Wrestlers Upset Over Vickie G's Pay?

The word going around the WWE locker room is that Vickie Guerrero was only being paid $500 per appearance, and on top of that she had to cover her own hotel expenses. There are some wrestlers who are understandably fired up over the rumor, feeling that the company could have done more to take care of the now-former RAW and SmackDown general manager.

Although, it is worth noting that WWE paid for Eddie Guerrero’s funeral, and friends suspect they did more to help out the family. So while the $500 per appearance rate looks horrible on the surface, the company may have quietly done more for Vickie and her children than the locker room is aware of.

Source:
    PWTorch.

Sheesh. Why the hell did she have to pay for her own hotel room?

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Wrestlers Upset Over Vickie G's Pay?

So they humiliated her week in and week out and they didn't even have the decency to pay for her hotel bill? 500 bucks isn't even that much money for a mother away from her children on the road. That's pretty fucked up, if true.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

All WWE performers have to pay for their hotel rooms(apart from Wrestlemania weekend and foreign tours) and $500 for a days work doesnt sound bad to me.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    All WWE performers have to pay for their hotel rooms(apart from Wrestlemania weekend and foreign tours) and $500 for a days work doesnt sound bad to me.
    I doubt its even a full day.

Probably a few meetings to discuss whats going to happen on the show and then 1 segment per night.

I'd love that.

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

But it's not $500 a week. It's $500 an appearance, which is presumably any time she's on TV, which would usually be once a week. That's a shockingly low amount.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

on ppv week she'd make 500 for smackdown and 500 for the ppv so thats a grand for 2 days of work. sounds pretty easy to me. even on the regular weeks 500 for a week and only having to work 1 day isn't bad, she could of got another job and still been ok.

World Champion

Status

And as well i'm guessing she would of been paid for house show appearances.

'Simply Phenomenal'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crest Fall View Post
    So they humiliated her week in and week out and they didn't even have the decency to pay for her hotel bill? 500 bucks isn't even that much money for a mother away from her children on the road. That's pretty fucked up, if true.
    Thats still $2000. I would say thats plenty considering she will have money coming in from other sources.

Maybe people just expect her to be over-paid? I'm glad to see her getting an 'average' pay.

God

Status

$500 would be great, if she didnt have to provide for her kids as a lone parent. No kids = great, kids = not a lot.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    And as well i'm guessing she would of been paid for house show appearances.
    The whole reason why she was moved from manager to General Manager was so that she could spend more time with her family. So to the best of my recollection, she didn't do house shows. Especially once she started appearing on Raw in addition to SD, she was making a good amount of money for only working two days. As long as she was making some sort of money at home, I could see her easily getting by. The WWE didn't hire her so that she and her family could be rich. They hired her so that Eddie's death wouldn't put such a huge financial strangle hold on the family. In addition to the funeral costs and various other things the WWE paid for, I can't find much reason to object to the amount of money she made.

Typically, local jobbers will be paid anywhere between 250-300 dollars per TV appearance. For the most part, she never had to worry about being physical.

Wii #1

Status

Don't forget that Vickie gets whatever money Eddie would have gotten (like for sales of the Eddie Guerrero DVD). She got a pretty easy gig and good pay for it. $500 per appearance for very little work is pretty good, it's not like she actually earned more (no physical work, being legit hated by fans, etc.). WWE didn't even have to hire her, and I suspect that she would have had a job for life if she wanted it, she chose to leave.

As others have said, even WWE wrestlers have to usually pay for their hotel and travel expenses (except for some of the big stars like Triple H and Shawn Michaels, who usually get their travel expenses covered in their contract). Mick Foley even talked in his books about trying to find the cheapest hotel and the cheapest rental car he could find in order to save money (even when in WWE).
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Taking into account all the royalties coming her way from Eddie related merch, and his appearances on PPV DVD's and the like, as well as her own merch and PPV appearance, then she's got a steady income I guess. Her employment by the 'E was a good move on their part, but I think it would've only been fair that she had her hotel paid for (and that goes for all performers in my mind). Considering the heat Vicki generated, she was worth way more the $500 an appearance, and considering the family she has to support WWE should have made that a priority... That said, if WWE found other ways to help her support her family as the article suggests, then we're all debating nothing right now.

Wrestling God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal AJ View Post
    Thats still $2000. I would say thats plenty considering she will have money coming in from other sources.

Maybe people just expect her to be over-paid? I'm glad to see her getting an 'average' pay.
    When she first started, everyone though she was going to get the rest of Eddie's contract. I remember stories after Eddie died that Vince said that the Guerrero family would taken care of for life. I don't think he would go back on his word on something of that magnitude.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I think you're underestimating how much of a snake-y prick Vince can be... Although I actually agree with you.

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status

She got the money of the remaining contract that Eddie G would've had... which I would imagine was sweet.

This is false, though, WWE can be pricky but not that pricky. 500 dollar an appearance? She'd be working minimum wage for the WWE if that were the case and considering her GM-age and overness... it makes me doubt the news greatly.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Wii #1

Status

That would be more than developmental wrestlers get. The contract WWE developmental wrestlers sign pays them $500 a week. I remember A.J. Styles saying he was offered a developmental contract from WWE after WCW was purchased but he would have gotten only $500 a week and he would have had to move Cincinnati (which is where WWE's developmental territory at the time, Heartland Wrestling Association, was based).
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I don't see antthing wrong with that at all. It sounds plenty based on appearances and not weekly pay. Although for somebody who's improved and who was as valuable as she was towards the middle of her run I guess it's not brilliant money.

But still, maybe the wrestlers think she's not on much when they compare it to their own wage.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Chikara Trainee

Status

I don't buy it. $500 per appearance wouldn't cover her airfare and hotel. Why would she leave the kids at home and fly to TV tapings around the country if she was getting nothing to show for it?

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Stay in a cheap hotel, share with Chavo & you can take home a good percentage of that $500.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Stay in a cheap hotel, share with Chavo & you can take home a good percentage of that $500.
    I disagree. Airfare out of Texas isn't that cheap. If she was flying out of NY or LA, she may have gotten some bargains. Flying out of Texas? not so much.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information