Thread: Raw Rating 6/22

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw Rating 6/22

Yep, it's true. As great as Raw's number was, and let me be clear it is a GREAT number, they still got clobbered by Jon & Kate Plus 8. Rumors of divorce on a reality show beat a billionaire buying a product from a multi-millionaire on a wrestling show I guess. The USA network doesn't care, trust me. Now if Jon & Kate were on TNT, that may be another story.

Anyway, the 6/22 edition of Raw did a 4.5 rating. The show did hours of 4.25 and 4.81, so they did a 4.53 rating for the night.

Actually for the night, here were the top four shows:

Jon & Kate Plus 8 7.69
    Raw Hour Two 4.81
    The Closer 4.76
    Raw Hour One 4.25

Source: PWinsider
    Damn pretty good number.

Basic B*tches

Status

Re: Raw Rating 6/22

Huge ass number. I haven't seen them pull a number like that in years. No doubt it can be mostly attributed to the commercial free aspect.. Also, no football = me having nothing to flip to.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yeah was pretty surprised by this.

Status

WOW.

Basic B*tches

Status

It's amazing how as the show went on, they actually gained a lot more viewers.. People were liking what they saw which again reinforces the fact that whiny internet discussion board fans are a blip on the radar.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    It's amazing how as the show went on, they actually gained a lot more viewers.. People were liking what they saw which again reinforces the fact that whiny internet discussion board fans are a blip on the radar.
    It's all relative. Raw has had to resort to giving away a three hour special filled with PPV Caliber matches, and then a free mini PPV on TV. When you give away two PPV type shows two weeks in a row and play them off of each other ratings are going to grow no matter how good or bad the product is. That and there is almost no competition at the moment on TV. All the big shows are over and playoffs/Monday Night Football is done. The fact that WWE popped a huge rating while giving all this away isn't a huge deal, whether or not they can sustain it for 4-6 weeks is.

The reason the second hour's ratings were so high was because the heavily hyped Main Event was in it at the top of the hour, along with a fairly big John Cena match.....Cena is a proven draw and is involved in one of the only bright points of Raw creatively at the moment, his feud with Miz.

Raw is garbage at the moment and I fully expect the ratings to go back down to normal very soon. I doubt WWE can sustain them.
    lol?

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedestroyer View Post
    It's all relative. Raw has had to resort to giving away a three hour special filled with PPV Caliber matches, and then a free mini PPV on TV. When you give away two PPV type shows two weeks in a row and play them off of each other ratings are going to grow no matter how good or bad the product is. That and there is almost no competition at the moment on TV. All the big shows are over and playoffs/Monday Night Football is done. The fact that WWE popped a huge rating while giving all this away isn't a huge deal, whether or not they can sustain it for 4-6 weeks is.
    Hyperbole. The only 'ppv quality' match was arguably HHH/Orton and everyone who has a brain knew that was ending in a draw.

I'm not saying the fans will keep coming back week after week.. I'm saying they liked what they saw THIS week.

Stud Muffin

Status

Personally the commercials KILL me when I watch Raw live. I really hate them all. I found it a great watch and was more than happy to watch it from beginning to end with no commercials

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Impressive, but not so much if they can't maintain a high number the next week.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Jesus Christ, that's a great rating. Commercials = RATINGS!

What the fuck is John and Kate Plus 8? Sounds trendy as fuck whatever it is.

Thread Information