Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hardy Injury?

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Matt Hardy Injury?

Matt Hardy suffered an abdominal muscle tear during last night's WWE Superstars taping. He is awaiting the final word but its believed he may need to undergo surgery to repair the tear. There's no further information available at this time.

Source: pwinsider
    WWE didn't promote this one like they did the last time so i assume this one is more legit.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Matt Hardy Injury?

Poor Matt. He just can't catch a break. If he never wins a real World Championship in his career, it will be one of the great wrestling tragedies ever. I'm not even a big Matt Hardy fan, but if his brother with half the talent as him can win two, he should at least get an opportunity. And the ECW Championship, despite the kayfabe prestige of that belt, is not on the level of the other two.

Hope he's not out too long. WWE was really making his "Black Cloud" character interesting this year.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

This sucks! Matt is coming of one of the biggest pushes of his career, over his brother and injuries his hand (although not as much as is advertised) and then this. Talk about stall followed by stall.

He's gonna get the surgery, comeback, and wallow in lower mid-card obscurity now, I can see it.

Man this sucks hard.

WAKE UP

Status

Shitty news, but he wasn't doing a lot right now. Hopefully he returns quick and gets pushed again.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

We can only hope.

Status

I smell a release coming...

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Why release him?

Sure he's injured, but he's proven himself a valuable member of the roster and isn't exactly injury prone usually. He's not considered clumsy by others and is liked backstage by all accounts.

Status

That's all true. But they've definitely mis-used Matt. He's competing in the midcard division while Jeff, who is far less talented than him, is winning world championships and main eventing. I just think that Vince may not see what we see, tbh.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

Nah, he has to get injured a few more times before he has to worry about getting Kennedy'd.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I agree with all that. I just don't see any of that as a reason to release him. Shit, the guy's been released on one previous ocassion in what was a bullshit move by WWE, but they were at least able to back it up because Matt had let his mouth get the better of him (not that I wouldn't in the same situation). It's not like that this time around.

Status

I still don't understand why he was released the first time? Just because he talked trash about Edge and Lita?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

It was because he talked trash about Edge and Lita, and broke kayfabe (which in the WWE is a ridiculous notion anyway). It was especially because Edge was moving up the ranks nicely and Matt was wallowing in injury at the time. The 'E didn't want a backstage issue between the three so cut Matt loose... He was back before his 90 day no-compete clause was up.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

Quote Originally Posted by muffinsareyummy View Post
    I still don't understand why he was released the first time? Just because he talked trash about Edge and Lita?
    Yeah, and because he ran to the media about it and made it a huge situation that put a ton of bad press on WWE. He acted like a total baby about it. He had every reason in the world to be mad at Edge and Lita, but there's more mature ways of handling something like that. All he did was prove their case against him.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by muffinsareyummy View Post
    That's all true. But they've definitely mis-used Matt. He's competing in the midcard division while Jeff, who is far less talented than him, is winning world championships and main eventing. I just think that Vince may not see what we see, tbh.
    Ummm, where to begin.

Yeah, Matt is a better wrestler, but when Jeff can make you 10x as much money, I wonder who will be pushed harder. For some reason, fans like him and he's the 2nd most over wrestler, next to Cena. Common sense on why Jeff is main eventing.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    Yeah, and because he ran to the media about it and made it a huge situation that put a ton of bad press on WWE. He acted like a total baby about it. He had every reason in the world to be mad at Edge and Lita, but there's more mature ways of handling something like that. All he did was prove their case against him.
    Try acting mature and rational when the bottom falls out of your world... It's fucking impossible, trust me on this.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Try acting mature and rational when the bottom falls out of your world... It's fucking impossible, trust me on this.
    I see your point, but the guy was 30 years old. I just don't see what he thought calling her a slut, whore, bitch, etc all over the internet was going to accomplish.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

He didn't see it accomplishing anything. He was angry and hurt and the love of his life had just ripped out his heart and fed it to his best friend... The only thing worse would've been his brother. He was devestated and irrational and acting like a child, because that's how you react in that situation.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

Definitely, I've went through a similar situation in the past myself. But I was 20 at the time. It would've made more sense if he had just beat Edge's face in over the incident. It wouldn't have been any more mature, but it would've at least been more logical. It's just the whole internet slander thing just seems a little beneath someone like him, but we're all human I suppose.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

It would be more of an issue if Matt hadn't been doing nothing on Raw in recent weeks.

It looked like he was going to get a solid push during his feud with Jeff. But once he moved to Raw I think most people lost hope.

I doubt he'll be missed.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information