Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Bischoff reviews the latest Raw 6/15

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Eric Bischoff reviews the latest Raw 6/15

Monday Raw thoughts

Loved the hot open and re-cap of last weeks show. The effects and music was awesome and WWE’s production talents are really highlighted in the package.

Jericho and Rey was fun to watch, and both men have great matches still to come, but from a story line point of view…been there done this so many times, its hard to get into the angle.

Liked the Cena/Orton interview from a performance point of view, but putting two top performers together in an interview where they both have stakes, but allow themselves to be humiliated/insulted with no reaction from the other, prohibits any suspension of disbelief….aka: buzzkill.

Really glad to see Vickie walk away from the business to spend more time with her kids. Good for you Vickie.

Love hearing Jim Ross’s voice on at least part of RAW. Can’t imagine the show without him. I’m glad he’s on the only episode I have watched in a while.

The VKM announcement of the new GM tease was weak at best…is it me or are Vince’s ears gaining size on his head?

Rosa Mendes and Mickie James was entertaining. What ever happened to Gail Kim?

Love the UFC video game spots!

Clearly the WWE Wellness Policy is in effect! I purposefully positioned this comment out of order so as not to cast any aspersions to individual talent, but the roster looks way more “well” than they did last time I saw a Raw!

Can’t tell you how useless the Diva backstage promo was. Ughh. What ever happened to Gail Kim anyway?

Triple H’s entrance is weak, old and so tired I went to go floss my teeth when it started. He looks like a Lhasa Apso genetic experiment gone bad. Get him some new music for Gods sake, and a hair-cut. One word describes HHH character: dated.

The Fatal Fourway? Good for what it is was I suppose, and the individual performances were great, but there is something about these clusterfu*ks that just leave me bored.

The VKM revelation that he “sold RAW” was lame. When you start out a story line with a premise that is completely unbelievable, should it be a surprise that the audiences gags on it? Trump isn’t good in this role and is too forced. My guess is that Trump will bring in Ric to handle day-to-day duties on his behalf, and at least give fans something to get excited about for a while.

Enjoyed seeing Teddy Long…Hey Teddy, remember those Friday night Casa Galardo margaritas? Those were the days!

3 hours of anything is a long time.

Did I actually hear someone say “more better” in commentary? 3 hours of this is a really long time.

Golddust and Hornswaggle? Too f’n goofy for comment. And Miz, make me believe. Because right now I don’t.

CM Punk was the best interview I heard all night. He’s believable, his in ring work is great, and he’s comfortable in his character. Props on the respect for Masawa. Can’t say enough good things about him. Matt Hardy’s mic skills are marginal in this interview. Unless he was just having an off night, his interview skills reached a plateau a few years ago.
    WTF is Jeff Hardy’s character supposed to be? He looks like Papa Shango after a Lap-Band procedure, and doesn’t look he could crack an egg. Enjoyed watching Edge, but the match was a bit too much of a spot fest for my liking, although I recognize some people enjoy that type of match. Did I mention that I hate 3 ways, 4 ways?

The Kidd/Hart/Carlito/Primo match was filler. Yawn.

Santino Morella is funny stuff. I usually cringe at WWE/McMahon humor, but this was fun.

The main event just bored me. 3 ways, 4 ways, 10 ways are just cheap ways to camouflage the lack of story and issues between the performers. I am the first one to defend writers/producers who are challenged to come up with fresh ideas for the same pool of talent week after week, but there is a consistent pattern in WWE story telling that just leaves me feeling flat.

I was glad to see some of the guys I’ve worked with in the past, as well as really getting a chance to get my first real look at CM Punk. I don’t think I could get myself to sit through another 3 hour show, but look forward to checking out another Raw next time my schedule (and wife) permits it.

Source his blog: ericbischoff.com
    Ehh pretty interesting read. Agree with mostly everything he was saying.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Re: Eric Bischoff reviews the latest Raw 6/15

The Fatal Fourway? Good for what it is was I suppose, and the individual performances were great, but there is something about these clusterfu*ks that just leave me bored.

Found that bit funny. 3 ring battle royal jog your memory Bish?

AWESOM-O

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Lol that's the one thing that's a bit funny. He certainly is a hypocrite.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Lol that's the one thing that's a bit funny. He certainly is a hypocrite.
    Just a tad

alot of what he says is true, but most of the stuff he was putting a downer on he probably done in WCW.

On Vacation

Status

I read this last week too. Pretty brutal, but funny. Its kinda true when you think about it concerning the HHH character. Its been the same gimmick a looooooong time now. Saem music, hair cut, values, wrestling style etc. But I guess wrestling style doesnt really change past a certain point.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I wasn't aware that Bischoff was a blogger. I don't usually go looking for articles but that was entertainig. I might have to look his site up.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

People's Champion

Status

This waas a good read. I agree with what alot of Bischoff said.

God

Status

Props on the respect for Masawa.
    He could have at least looked up the spelling.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Status

I really enjoyed the blog from Bischoff. I'll rep anyone who posts Bischoff's Raw Blog every week for here on out. Really, if his blog's for Raw worth reading week by week, it deserves to be posted and be read on here, and the poster shall be repped for it.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

People's Champion

Status

Eric doesnt watch Raw all that often...says in the blog. lol.

Status

Eh, after he watches it and blogs his opinions about it, it shall be read by the IWC. :P

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

People's Champion

Status

Everytime he said VKM,I thought abotu BG James and Kip.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Me too, RJ.

Decent enough opinions, but not exactly a great read. It was more pointless criticism and praise and zero constructive ideas for what WWE should or shouldn't be doing right now.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Being constructive doesn't get you half as much attention as being critical.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Indy Talent

Status

I think the part about HHH was funny.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Me too, RJ.

Decent enough opinions, but not exactly a great read. It was more pointless criticism and praise and zero constructive ideas for what WWE should or shouldn't be doing right now.
    To be fair, it's not his job to offer contructive criticism anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Ledger
    If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Agreed with most everything Bischoff covered though. Even though his comments on the Fatal 4-Ways were a bit hypocritical, it still doesn't change the fact he's completely right. It's also odd how he tears down Triple H's appearence, yet almost every top star he had in WCW (except the one that was ripped off Austin's appearence) had long hair. Not to mention most of those top stars were beyond "dated".

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    To be fair, it's not his job to offer contructive criticism anymore.
    Maybe not, but if he's going to criticise it, he should at least try to be constructive cos otherwise it comes across like a bitter man, bitching cos he doesn't have a job there anymore... Which I actually doubt is the truth.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

He did offer a little constructive criticism, but it was in "Bischoff's language" aka "smart-ass latin"....
    Liked the Cena/Orton interview from a performance point of view, but putting two top performers together in an interview where they both have stakes, but allow themselves to be humiliated/insulted with no reaction from the other, prohibits any suspension of disbelief?.aka: buzzkill.

Love hearing Jim Ross?s voice on at least part of RAW. Can?t imagine the show without him. I?m glad he?s on the only episode I have watched in a while.

Trump isn?t good in this role and is too forced. My guess is that Trump will bring in Ric to handle day-to-day duties on his behalf, and at least give fans something to get excited about for a while.

Get him some new music for Gods sake, and a hair-cut. One word describes HHH character: dated.

What ever happened to Gail Kim?

Ughh. What ever happened to Gail Kim anyway?
    But yeah, Bischoff can be a dick, but he presents some good points if you can read between the lines with him. He's not near as bad as Heyman, who comes off as the most bitter, defeated asshole imaginable through his blogs.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    He did offer a little constructive criticism, but it was in "Bischoff's language" aka "smart-ass latin"....

But yeah, Bischoff can be a dick, but he presents some good points if you can read between the lines with him. He's not near as bad as Heyman, who comes off as the most bitter, defeated asshole imaginable through his blogs.

I disagree about the Heyman part. Heyman is critical of booking, but in my opinion he presents facts and pretty decent solutions. I found that while some of what Bischoff is saying is true, a lot of what he's saying is both full of holes, and contradictory if not tongue-in-cheek at the very least.

1) "3 Hours of anything is a long time" Yet it didn't stop him from making Nitro practically 6 hours long. (3 hours live + 3 hours replay)

2) "One word describes Triple H: Dated" That same word described Hulk Hogan with the exception of July 7, 1996, and Macho Man, until May of 1999.

3) "Jericho and Rey was fun to watch and both men have great matches to come..." Yet when he had the chance to build on Jericho's character and to a lesser extent Rey Misterio Jr's, he balked leaving Jericho to make his memorable debut on Raw with The Rock, and Misterio nothing more than 'Filthy Animal'.

4) "Love hearing Jim Ross voice..." Didn't you take him off of your television programming Eric Bischoff, prior to him leaving WCW?

5) His 'dislike' of multi-person matches was already covered by someone mentioning the World War 3 events.

6) "Trump will bring in Ric to handle day-to-day duties on his behalf and at least give fans something to get excited about for awhile." Did he just say that Flair has the capability to give fans something to get excited about? The same Ric Flair he fired, and made a mockery of for most of 1997-1998? The same Ric Flair whose legacy he walked on when he implied that he "never drew a dime" ?

And all the CM Punk praise...the verdict on that one is still out for me, because I firmly believe had this version of CM Punk been in WCW during the Nitro era, he'd have been fodder for either Goldberg or the nWo, or both.

But at least Eric mentioned 'Masawa', I guess.

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌

Status

Great points on Bischoff, Sam, although I still disagree on Heyman. It's always easier to critisize when you're on the outside looking in, than it is when you're actually flying the plane. And no one can deny Heyman has "Slander Vince" motive after the way he was treated over that whole December to Dismember shitfest. Heyman makes some good points at times too, but he was never good at handling adversity. When everything was going good in ECW, his booking and storylines flourished. But when TNN, Bischoff, or anything else got in his way, he was quick to give up. It's also hard to imagine he couldn't find another network for ECW in the prime of professional wrestling when WWE landed a slot on the Sci-Fi network that's doing similar ratings as TNN's ECW was.

I respect Heyman and have always been a die-hard ECW fan, I just don't think he was the best businessman ever to say the least. As a promoter/booker, he was exceptional. I just don't think he's the guy that should be sailing the ship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information