Thread: Mr Kennedy Talks about being injured proned

People's Champion

Status

Mr Kennedy Talks about being injured proned

Mr. Kennedy updated his official website (ken-kennedy.com) with the following blog about his "injury prone" reputation:

If I take a sledgehammer and SMASH you in the side of the head and you get hurt very badly, does that make you "injury prone"?

If I cut off your arm with a samurai sword, and you have to have it reattached (causing you to miss several months of work) are you also then to be considered..."injury prone"?

Well let's say that you're in a match in Italy standing on the apron during a ten man tag match, and a guy is supposed to come over and give you a little forearm which will cause you to drop to the floor, but INSTEAD, he decides to drop kick your ass into the 20th row, he virtually leg presses you off the apron, and you have a "Matrix" like moment in your head where you see yourself flying backwards through the air. You clear the mats that line the floor outside the ring and because you're trying to protect your head from smashing into the guardrail, you stretch your right arm over your head. At the moment you make IMPACT with the concrete floor, your arm stretched out over your head and the sudden stop causes the tendon in your latissimus dorsi (or that big back muscle that you see on bodybuilders, ya know the ones that look like wings...) to SNAP in two and it coils up down your side to the point that's in line with your belly button. Let's say.....hypothetically.......that this happened to you. Would you call yourself...."injury prone"?

Let's throw another "hypothetical situation" out there. Let's say that you're having a match with a guy who's just supposed to give you a lil' old schoolboy to end the match. Just a nice and easy rollup for the finish. In fact the night before he hit you with his finish and the crowd didn't really react as strongly as you would have liked it to, so the agent (or producer) who's in charge of your match that night has told your opponent specifically NOT to hit his finish. Now keep in mind that having said this, your opponent's finisher is probably the furthest thing from your mind. So as you're waiting for this nice little easy rollup for the finish, the guy leaps into the air, hooks your head tight, causing your right arm to get caught between your two bodies, and drives you chest first into the mat. You go from standing to laying on your stomach with your arm stretched across your chest and your shoulder pops out of it's socket, tearing that muscle about 60% away from the bone. Now again, would an event such as this make you......"injury prone"?

Now if something like this HAD ever happened to me (again, these are strictly hypothetical situations), I probably wouldn't say anything about it to anyone. I for one would never want to bury another talent, whine or cry about it, I'd probably just chalk it up to poor judgment, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, rather than accusing someone of being a stiff in the ring. Let's face it, accidents happen in the wrestling business which is why there are countless videos of "wrestling screw-ups" on YouTube. Every once in awhile if you're in the wrestling business, you're gonna get a BOO-BOO.

ken-kennedy.com
    SO I guess he isnt injury proned...just more accident proned?
    Last edited by Crocker; 06-17-2009 at 11:25 AM.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

re: Mr Kennedy Talks about being injured proned

I think if you get put out of action multiple times because of a Samurai sword, not only are you injury prone, but you're also a very unlucky boy.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

People's Champion

Status

If you are in a wrestling match that includes a Samurai Sword then you should put your notice on the promoters desk...i wouldnt want to be in a match like that.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I'd watch it. Severed tendons don't both me anymore. I'm looking to get into something harder. I think a Samurai Sword On A Pole match could be just the thing I've been looking for.

WAKE UP

Status

Eh, he sounds like he's trying to place blame, but I guess I can't blame him. It's not as if the injuries were the only factor in him being released though.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I think he comes across as a total goon. I read this :

» One person close to recently released WWE wrestler Mr. Kennedy said he's very much looking forward to joining TNA Wrestling in September when his 90-day no-compete clause expires. Kennedy has a lot of confidence and believes he can be a top guy, something he feels Vince McMahon didn't see him as. He feels if he goes to TNA, he can be that top guy, thinking they will allow him to be the character he wants to be without constantly trying to get him to change.

And I wonder if he's aware that he was a nobody before September 2005, won a Money In The Bank title shot and starred in a WWE funded film.

It's almost like he thinks he was screwed over by WWE. He wasn't. They simply lost faith in him. He's this decades Ahmed Johnson. Somebody who you think will make it, but ultimately doesn't.

WAKE UP

Status

Wait, you mean he actually wants to go somewhere with his career? What a jackass.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

TNA is hardly going to elevate him to another level. The only people who benefit from TNA are the people who weren't real stars in WWE.

WAKE UP

Status

Oh, I don't disagree, but if doesn't go TNA, what else is he going to do with his career? He's too young to retire, he's got to work somewhere.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I really think he was released to prove that he could go out there and remain free from injury, with WWE looking to bring him back based on his performances and health. With TNA being so inconsistent I don't see him actually making that much headway in the company.

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Man the guy just needs to admit it,His run in the WWE wasn't successful.Complaining would not take him anywhere but it would just ruin his reputation.Get over it KENNEDAYYY!

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

I think it was successful to a degree. People like Kennedy, there's a demand for him. And for what? The guy hasn't actually proven that he can do anything.

I think he just bought into all his own hype. People saw him, thought he was going to be a future world champion, Kennedy heard it, liked the idea and now he's pissed it won't be happening for him in the biggest wrestling company in the world. At least not for a while.

WAKE UP

Status

Wouldn't say that's the case at all. By reading the article, he's just annoyed at his release and feels it was wrong, and he's putting across his side of the arguement. Seems fair.

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Re: Mr Kennedy Talks about being injured proned

So my point is if Mr.Kennedy does not get over it & keeps complaining he's only ruining his wrestling career.I have never seen a complainer become a wrestling Legend or hold a world title because they all tough it out & earn the spotlight the hard way !

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
    So my point is if Mr.Kennedy does not get over it & keeps complaining he's only ruining his wrestling career.I have never seen a complainer become a wrestling Legend or hold a world title because they all tough it out & earn the spotlight the hard way !
    I don't mean to be an ass, but what the flying fuck are you even talking about? He's put out one article giving his side, hardly "not getting over and complaining", is it?

Also, plenty of whiny bitches became world champions. Do your homework.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, etc. In fact, the biggest of names were whiny fucks.

People's Champion

Status

I think TNA is the best place for him. TNA or ECW would do wonders for him. RI always thought that he can be great, but when you are thrown to the top of the mountain to quick you fall even quicker. Lets take a look:

Ultimate Warrior: Made a top star because of his size, never really sent toimprove and now fell off the face of the earth.

Brock Lesnar: Not even a year into his WWE career, he became WWE Champion...like 8 times, made a huge star, mainevent WrestleMania, and then became a lost soul in the world of Foot Ball....however, he currently had a nice place as UFC Champion.

So in reality, Kennedy needs to improve his skill before he climbs the mountain and then we will never hear from him.

Thread Information