Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Studios Hires "Prison Break" Producer

People's Champion

Status

WWE Studios Hires "Prison Break" Producer

The following press release was issued by WWE this morning:

Pavone to Head WWE Studios

STAMFORD, Conn., June 15, 2009
    – World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. has named Mike Pavone as Executive Vice President of WWE Studios. In his new role, Pavone will lead WWE Studios’ theatrical releases, direct-to-DVD movies, series and reality programming and report directly to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

Pavone brings with him more than 18 years of experience in the film and television industry having worked as a writer, producer, director and actor. His projects include such notable titles as: The Client (CBS), Prison Break (FOX), High Incident with Steven Spielberg (ABC), Jack & Jill (WB), Against The Grain (NBC), Street Time (Showtime), The Blue Wall (Disney), Northmen for Warner Bros. and Seven Men from Now for Beacon Films.

Since 2008, Pavone has been a strategic consultant to WWE’s Creative Writing department, collaborating on the company’s top-rated, signature television programs, “Monday Night Raw®” and “Friday Night SmackDown®”.

“Mike brings a great combination of both filmed entertainment and television experience to his new role. We are confident that he can expand the breadth and depth of opportunities for WWE Studios,“ said Vince McMahon.

Pavone holds a BA in Film and Television Production from CaliforniaStateUniversity at Sacramento and currently resides in Santa Rosa, California.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.
    This could be good for WWE's Movies and DVDs. I am excited.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: WWE Studios Hires "Prision Break" Producer

Wow, his list of work reads like the invite list to a party in a morgue. A bunch of shows I've never heard of and Prison Break which is the most over-rated TV show of the past decade.

This is barely news in my opinion. Shit producer hired by shit production company.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Yawn, not really news. They employ writers who have worked on nearly every major show over the past decade.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah considering the only one I have heard of is Prison Break might not be a good sign.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Too bad Prison Break sucks balls.

AWESOM-O

What, did you guys expect the WWE to hire high profile filmmakers? Pavone has been active on and off for the past two decades. He seems like the average filmmaker a small time studio (Like WWE Films) would hire.

What's with all of the Prison Break hate? While they did manage to jump the shark, it was still a pretty great show for awhile.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Studios Hires "Prison Break" Producer

Jim. Prison Break was an AMAZING show season 1. It jumped the shark the second the got out and they were like "Oh shit, now what?"

I think this is pretty insignificant. Perhaps if it were JJ Abrams or something then it would be news. This is just another Freddy Prinze Jr. type story.

Honestly though. Prison Break was one of the worst written shows in a long ass time. Sadly I watched it right to the end. I was dying to see it just end to save us all from the debacle it had become.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon Fan_1986 View Post
    What's with all of the Prison Break hate? While they did manage to jump the shark, it was still a pretty great show for awhile.
    They jumped the shark immediatley by suggesting that the main character could have such a huge fucking tat without dying from ink/blood poisoning in such a short amount of time... The acting was terrible, the characters (for the most part) were retarded, and the storyline after the first season especially was pointless and moronic. Prison Break was/is fucking awful.

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Prison Break,A show about prison.How many times have we seen those kind of shows?

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

WWE sure are aiming high. A TV producer for movies.

Wasn't Prison Break cancelled? I suppose it makes sense for WWE to hire that hot commodity producer.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Jobber

Status

why does wwe continue to go after hollywood writers and producers when they should get former talent who knows about the business.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I LOVED Prison Break, but wrestling already has enough fantasy, unbelievable plot-twists full of "Yeah rights" and "No way in hell would that really happen" moments.

Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    They jumped the shark immediatley by suggesting that the main character could have such a huge fucking tat without dying from ink/blood poisoning in such a short amount of time... The acting was terrible, the characters (for the most part) were retarded, and the storyline after the first season especially was pointless and moronic. Prison Break was/is fucking awful.
    You can't jump the shark at the end of the first episode. It goes against what jumping the shark even means. The tattoo may of been unrealistic, but the show wasn't about the tattoo. The writers needed a way for Michael to have a map of the prison without anyone finding out, so they used some fantasy to do so. I really enjoyed the characters, especially in season 1.

The biggest mistake the show made was not having a clear idea of what the series would be about after they escaped. Once the show became popular, future seasons became obvious. In their attempts to always give the viewers twists and surprises, they ended up being repetitive and redundant. Prison Break is one of the few shows out there that didn't have much life to it after the first season. The show would of been better off being played out as a mini-series with the first season being condensed into a tighter multi-part series.

Personally, Prison Break was one of my favorite series in the past few years. I'm quite surprise it has so many haters on this board.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Jumping the shark means just that... Don't have Fonzie jump a shark cos that's not believable. Prison Break was set in the real world where people had human limitations, no man can have a tattoo that big dome in such a short amount of time. They would die. Prison Break jumped the shark in episode one.

Also, why can no one read the original post? This hiring is for the film division, not the writing team... Although it does state he's worked on Smackdown, so I guess I can kind of let you off.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Jumping the shark means just that... Don't have Fonzie jump a shark cos that's not believable.
    It also implies the writers have completely run out of ideas, so they start writing stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    It also implies the writers have completely run out of ideas, so they start writing stupid shit.
    I'm glad someone knows what jumping the shark means. You can't jump the shark if a show has never been good.

On Vacation

Status

Maybe the E movies wont suck so hard now.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    It implies that yes, but the phrase originated from Fonzie jumping over a shark while water ski-ing in an episode of Happy Days and was more to do with the believability aspect of the action rather than the fact the writers had run out of ideas for a character who was at that point pretty much a one trick trick pony in a leather jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Saviour View Post
    Maybe the E movies wont suck so hard now.
    When they by a script that doesnt suck that could happen, but even the they'll continue to use actors who can't act so they'll always suck to a certain extent.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

It implies that yes, but the phrase originated from Fonzie jumping over a shark while water ski-ing in an episode of Happy Days and was more to do with the believability aspect of the action rather than the fact the writers had run out of ideas for a character who was at that point pretty much a one trick trick pony in a leather jacket.
    You used the term to describe the end of the first episode of a series. If the writers had run out of ideas at that point, then they shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

/derail

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

But I wasn't talking about a lack of ideas, I was talking about a lack of believabilty, as I mentioned.

And yeah, the thread is getting massively derailed... But at least it's vaguely related to the topic in a small way. We're still talking about Prison Break, and that's in the thread title. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information