Thread: Victoria Explains

People's Champion

Status

Victoria Explains

Former WWE Women's Champion Victoria, who is now going under the name Tara in TNA Wrestling, posted a blog on her MySpace account explaining why she left World Wrestling Entertainment, and then joined TNA Wrestling.

Here is her blog in its entirety:

My TNA Wresting Debut!

Hey MySpacers !

A few people have asked me why I chose to go to TNA. Not nearly as many as have suggested that I go to TNA over the past couple years, but it has been been asked. Before I can answer that, I have to address why I left WWE. I left because I didn't enjoy my role, and I didn't see it changing. That, in addition to the brutal travel schedule, made it an easy choice for me to walk away and leave the opportunity available to one of the scores of female wrestlers who were anxiously awaiting their chance.

TNA approached me with the offer to come to their organization, work a less rigorous schedule, and more importantly, wrestle to the best of my ability with no limitations.

Several people have debated whether this will effect my chance at one day being elected into the WWE Hall of Fame. I am flattered at my name even being mentioned with such an honor. And whether or not you believe that I am worthy, I really don't think that WWE will hold it against me for doing other things after I left. I truly believe that I gave 100% every day with WWE, and that I went above and beyond what was expected of me. I think that if I am happy with my choices, then they are happy for me. Of course they took me off their website. They can't promote talent with another organization. But again, I'd like to think that on a personal level, they are happy for me.

The only serious considerations I had were 1) Would I still be able to train for MMA? 2) Do I miss wrestling and want to do it on a regular basis? 3) Can I entertain TNA fans in a way that they deserve to be entertained?

I believe so to all three. I still have time to dedicate to MMA. I definitely miss wrestling. And my goal is not only to be the best in a very tough Knockout division, but to elevate the performance of the entire division.

Thursday night on TNA Impact on SpikeTV I have my first match in about five months, and my first in a six sided ring. For those who haven't seen TNA recently, I think you should tune in. Because for those of you who do, you'll see a female wrestler in the best shape of her life, at the top of her game, beginning a new journey.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

pwinsider
    Interesting read. I am glad that she was able to explain why she left and has no problem with saying she got sick of WWE.
    Last edited by Crocker; 06-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Victoria Explains

Always loved Victoria. Going to watch her match.

On Vacation

Status

Translation: I'd rather be a big fish in a little pond.

I'm right, You're wrong!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Number Nine View Post
    With easier traveling and much lighter work load. I don't blame her one bit for working for TNA.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Number Nine View Post
    Thanks, cos none of us could read between the lines by ourselves.

I like Victoria/Tara and think she's a decent wrestler, as well as a very attractive woman. I'm interested to see that she's training for MMA and I'm also happy she's in TNA. The Knockouts need a face they can rally around, like they had in Gail, and I think "Tara" can be that face... Hopefully.

Mrs. Giant

Status
    one girl, i drove through 3 states wearing her head as a hat

I'm just happy to see her get to wrestle instead of waddling around in wierd halloween outfits.

Jobber

Status

im so glad shes in tna she's a very talented wrestler and i think she can do great things in tna if used right.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

I saw her debut match last night with Rayne. I'm glad she actually has some freedom to work the style she wants to, because her match was pretty entertaining.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Pies View Post
    I'm just happy to see her get to wrestle instead of waddling around in wierd halloween outfits.
    ^^^^^ This

Thread Information