Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews - See A Movie, Give A Review

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Movie Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Diamond View Post
    uugh. I thought Wanted was horrible.

Angelina Jolie was ultra sex in that flick, but that dude who was recruited to be an assassin was just brutal in that flick. Bruuuuutal.

I also couldn't agree more about Disaster Movie. I love these hokie type of flicks like "Horror Movie" and what not, but I shut Disaster Movie off after that High School Musical Scene. A movie has to REALLY suck for me to not watch the whole thing. Meet the Spartans was also another hokie movie I shut off half way through.

Necco, you should also put a image of you with two thumbs up as well as 1 thumb down and two thumbs down.

It initially looks as if you are approving all the movies.
    Yeh that guy didn't seem to fit the role at all. Was sort of fucked in Wanted.

I just loved the action, and based my opinion simply on that.

Disaster movie was horrid, but yeah I watched Scary Movie 4, and Not Another Teen Movie the other day. Both are great examples of how to spoof the right way.

Status

Movie Ratings [See a Movie, Give a Rating]

Dark Days (2000)

Dark Days is a documentary about a bunch of homeless people living underground under the subway in Harlem. It follows the lives of several people, and gives you an in depth look into something you would never be able to grasp otherwise.

The first part of the documentary sort of paints the picture of everything being pretty good down there. Almost making you feel like wow it's not so bad if you actually fix up a place down there.

You quickly realize how messed up it really is, and how dangerous, and unhealthy living underground really is. This documentary is probably one of the best ones about homeless people, and won multiple awards. It's worth watching because it's so interesting, and provides you insight on such a crazy situation. I'd recommend this to everyone, and feel like anyone could really get into this movie.

Rating: 8 out of 10

----------

Disaster Movie (2008)

Going late to a theater past midnight is never something that will turn out to your benefit. I found out the hard way when the only thing playing was Disaster Movie. I thought to myself, ok this movie might be decent. Maybe it would similar to the first Scary Movie, maybe it will pull through. Two minutes into the movie when the first scene played I already made up my mind. This movie is filled with references to movies. The only problem is none of it's funny. There also seems to be the problem of trying to incorporate full musical scenes for no real reason. They for some reason included an entire scene recreating High School Musical. The only difference? They included the word shit in the song. For some reason someone thought that was enough to make a 5 minute scene of it. They also had their main character spoof the girl from Juno. She actually wasn't so bad, but some of her lines were just awful. Another decent actress was the one who played a princess. She had some funny lines, and proved a little comic relief. A comedy is bad when you can only think of one or two scenes that are actually sort of funny. Honestly I recommend no one sees this. I also recommend they don't even put this on dvds to tell. The sad part is it will probably do decent on the rental scene. For some reason people will give a chance to this God awful movie. Excuse me though I'm going to punch myself in the face now.

Rating: 1 out of 10

----------

Friday The 13th

A lot of people have been giving this mixed reviews. Reading rotten tomatoes you are to believe this is not that great of a movie. Well folks fuck those fuckers, and go see this movie if you are into great horror films. The kill scenes are kickass, there is nudity if you are looking for that. The plot is solid, and it's worth going to see it in theaters. This is definitely one of those movies you should see in the theaters because you can't duplicate this experience. I probably jumped twice during it, great ass movie.

Rating: 9 out of 10

----------

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Going into the Hulk I wasn't really expecting much. I also wasn't too interested in the movie in general. The only thing that kind of got to me go is Ed Norton, and Liv Tyler. I enjoyed several of Liv Tyler's movies, and pretty anything Ed Norton has ever been in. This movie delivers with plot, and action. The story moves along nicely, and they have enough dialogue to get a pretty decent back story on how everything went down. I do think they could have gotten a bit deeper into the back story, but it's understandable how they had to keep it going. The action is outstanding, and really leaves you with your mouth wide open. Ed Norton delivered big time in this, and Liv Tyler added charm to really make you feel the connection between them. Overall I'd recommend this to anyone into comic related movies. It does depend deeply on action, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

----------

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

I don't do the whole watch the previous installments again to prep for the new movie in the franchise. I feel like I'll just overload on it, and not be able to enjoy the movie for what it is. So going into the new Indiana Jones movie I was a little rusty, but felt like I could enjoy the movie. I did in fact find the movie pretty good in parts, in others not so much. The movie seems to lose course at some points, but overall manages to get by. Harrison Ford pulls off Indiana Jones fairly decently, and Shia LaBeouf actually didn't annoy the hell out of me. I dont know why I thought he would but he didn't. Cate Blanchett played a pretty badass bad guy, and Karen Allen added also had a strong comeback from the original movie. I'd recommend this to anyone who's into the trilogy obviously, and anyone into interesting over the top thrillers. Enjoy!

Rating: 7 out of 10

----------

Max Payne (2008)

Max Payne was supposed to be a big time event for me. Ever since hearing about this I've been looking forward to it. I saw the trailer on a commercial the other day, reminded me it came out Friday. Mark Walberg one of my favorite actors, love the video game, commercial was filled with explotions, and violence. And the topper Mila Kunis, she's fucking hot so yeah. Things were looking good, and then.... and then... the movie fucking started. From the beginning it was disjointed, it moved slow, characters weren't developed. Max Payne was a hollow man, nothing real interesting about him. The violence was good, but there wasn't enough of it. Special effects were also pretty cool, but it was so confusing that it made them pointless. Mila Kunis was pretty badass in this, and proved to one of the few things I enjoyed about the movie. A lot of character actors in this, Ludracris even shows up. All in all it might be an ok netflix rental, or one of those supermarket dollar rentals. Seeing it in the movie? Fuck that!

Rating: 6 out of 10

----------

Saw (2004)

It's been many years since Saw has come out. Hell there have been 4 sequels, and I have yet to see even the original one. Every Halloween passed, and I never really got into the hype. Well Saw V is out, and I finally bit the bullet. I got Saw from Netflix to see what I was missing. If anything. The Premise sounded interesting enough. From the start the movie was pretty interesting. The characters kept my attention, and the acting was good. There were a lot of twists and turns in this movie, not too many, but enough. The story was decent, the character development was also pretty good. I really enjoyed how this film made you think, and did things in a creative way. It wasn't a basic horror movie that you could easily pick out what was going to happen next. Danny Glover was a good part of the movie, and the other actors held their own as well. So basically this movie lives up the hype. Overall It's worth the watch on tv, or netflix.

----------

Seven Pounds (2008)

I am a huge Will Smith fan, and am absolutely in love with Rosario Dawson so no matter how bad this movie is I'll still enjoy it. So hearing there was a screener out I was pretty excited to see it. The movie overall was pretty interesting to me. It sort of confused me though for the first part, but it quickly made sense after you saw everything unfold. The story was pretty good, but the overall over the top premise sort of leaves you shaking your head. Will Smith movies seem to suffer from over thinking, and this movie is no exception. Still with that said it still had it's moments, and kept you interested through out.

The acting wasn't bad, although in parts Will Smith seems to overact, and seem out of sorts. Rosario Dawson is so natural at he part, and it's always great to see her deliver in a role. Woody H was also great playing a blind man. He's also another person I enjoy, and seems to be in so many damn movies lately. I swear the last 5 movies I've seen he's been in.

I'd recommend this to anyone who's into Will Smith, or anyone into deep thought out movies. It's pretty long, but worth it IMO. The critics bombed this movie, but screw them who cares what they think.

----------

Role Models:

This movie looked pretty good, and the actors held my interest in the trailer. This movie turned out to be a pretty funny movie, nothing too great but worth a rental. The only thing I'd watch out for is not to have younger kids watching it with you. It does involve some awkward lines, and a few awkward moments as well. The story itself is a little wacky, but it reminds me of a Ben Stiller/Adam Sandler type movie. I'd recommend this to everyone for the simple fact that is has a bunch of funny moments throughout.

----------

Steve-O - Out On Bail (2003)

The darker side of the Jackass gang is what they do when they aren't really doing stunts, but more so traveling, partying, destroying property. This dvd is more of a documentary of sorts. It shows the life on the road for a bunch of insane fucks.

Steve-O through out the movie is coked out of his mind with noticeable left overs on the end of his nose. Ryan Dunn proves to be possible the biggest douche on the planet. Nick Dunlap the director seems pretty down to earth, but also does some insane shit like burning his face after blowing some sort of chemical on to Steve-O's head to light it on fire. Preston the big fat guy seems like a pretty big douche as well in this. They introduce you to Corolla, or at least the first time I've seen the guy. He seemed like a deer in headlights through most of this. As they peed on him a lot, and pretty much hazed the shit out of him. Wee Man is on here as well he seems like a pretty good guy. There were a few other guys I couldn't even name, some of the Jackass guys as well but that pretty much sums it up.

So the first part of the movie is pretty much them destroying hotel rooms. That went on for about a half hour. I didn't really get it, and wasn't really interested in the fact they wrecked other people's property and found it funny. They just came off as assholes, and they probably know that, and don't give a fuck. Ryan Dunn was the biggest piece of shit, and when drunk would always destroy shit, or punch people. Pretty fucked up behavior.

Then they show some show stuff. The show of course is Steve-O's Tour in which he does insane shit, cuts himself open, staples his nuts, and at the end of the night uses super glue to glue himself back together. They also show behind the scenes as well in the dressing room. Which of course they all destroy. What a shocker.

It's now back to drug use, flying, getting arrested in foreign countries, drinking and the list goes on.

Overall this movie answers the question of what really goes on behind the scenes of Jackass, and all those crazy shows. It also shows you how it's a pretty depressing life, and how much of degenerates these guys really are. I'd only recommend this to big time fans. Otherwise it might be too much to handle.

Rating: 6 out of 10

----------

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

I caught this movie again on tv the other night. I will never deny I'm a Will Ferrell mark, but this movie really was fun for me to watch. The chemistry between Will & and John C Reilly is greatness, and I really look forward to any movie they are both in. Even with a theme like Nascar which I have no real interest in they made me really get into it. Sacha was also pretty good as a french guy in this movie. The plot was silly, but what else is new for these guys.

Overall, if you haven't seen this movie yet you really need to catch it on cable, or rent it. It will be worth it. A lot of great laughs, and really enjoyable.

Rating: 8 Out Of 10

----------

Varsity Blues (1999)

Varsity Blues is always a great movie to watch when it's on cable. Through all the cliches, you have to take the movie for what it's worth. Anytime you have John Voight in a movie you know he'll give a great performance, and he doesnt disappoint in this one. He is as intense as ever in this, and delivers a great performance. Jason Van Der Beek or pretty as everyone else knows him by Dawson also comes through with a good performance in this movie. I always found him to be a decent actor, and he definitely put got out of the typecasting that Dawson's Creek had him in. True he still plays a high schooler, but it's a little different with him as a jock in this one. Paul Walker was also in this film as the starring quarterback. He pulled a decent performance, nothing too interesting though. The plot is pretty typical, and not full of many surprises. They try to portray high school football in Texas. Showing how high school sports are as big as anything in that state. The only negative I have about the storyline is how predictable it is. You pretty much know everything that is coming, and it gets kind of bland after awhile. So if you are into sports, and haven't seen this It's definitely worth giving it a rent on netflix, or catching it on cable.

----------

Wanted (2008)

This movie is what it is. It's a summer time action packed thriller that is over the top, and that's the way I like it. Sure a majority of the action is mostly impossible, but who really cares. Angelina Jolie looks amazing, and Morgan Freeman delivers yet again. Surprise, surprise. The story isn't the greatest, but it isn't so bad as to get in the way of the action. There are a few parts that just seem out of place, or just thrown in at the last second which kind of leave you thinking what the hell just happened. But again most people going into this movie want one thing ACTION. So if you are looking for a great action packed movie, with little plot this is right up your alley.

----------

The Wrestler (2008)

As soon as I saw that The Wrestler was on the net I downloaded instantly. I was so hyped for this movie, between the reviews, and trailer. So already I was excited. The waiting was sort of killing me as well. I wanted to see it instantly, and in this day and age 20 seconds feels like 20 minutes.

Let me start out with what I liked most about it. Mickey Rourke plays a broken down wrestler, and Marisa Tomei plays an older stripper. Mickey is a frequent customer at the strip club so that's where their paths cross.

Marisa's performance was good, but she didn't get enough time to develop that I thought she needed. She was good don't get me wrong, but a little more time would have been good. Of course seeing her naked multiple times in the movie also was pretty damn great. You can't argue with that.

Now to Mickey Rourke. He lived up to the hype, his performance was outstanding. You felt like he was actually a broken down wrestler. It's sad that whatever he did to his face actually contributed to the person he played in the movie. He must have juiced up for the part too because he was pretty ripped. He also impressed me with the fact he went through some actual pain in this performance it seems.

There were a ton of wrestlers in the movie, the one that had some good face time was Necro Butcher. They showed ROH, and CZW in the movie which was pretty interesting to see them in an actual movie. And my favorite being The Cat Ernest Miller. Great to see him randomly in the movie.

So the story itself was pretty interesting, for the most part it lived up to the hype. I was really into it the whole time, and was waiting to see what would happen next. The fun part about this movie is you don't even really need to be into wrestling to be into it. So I really recommend this one to everyone.

Last edited by Necro; 02-23-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Movie Ratings [See a Movie, Give a Rating]

The Dark Knight: 9/10
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 7/10
    Spiderman 1: 7/10
    Spiderman 2: 8/10
    Spiderman 2: 6/10
    LOTR 1: 7/10
    LOTR 2: 9/10
    LOTR 3: 9/10

Status

This looks like it's going to be fun just seeing what we think of each movie. So everyone please contribute. I appreciate it.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Braveheart: 9/10
    The Dark Knight: 10/10
    Dumb and Dumber: 9/10
    The Last Samurai: 8/10
    LOTR 1: 9/10
    LOTR 2: 10/10
    Spiderman 1: 8/10
    Spiderman 2: 9/10
    Spiderman 3: 5/10

I'm not sure if I'm meant to rate other films I want to that aren't already up there too?

And he scores goals...!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSells View Post
    Braveheart: 9/10
    The Dark Knight: 10/10
    Dumb and Dumber: 9/10
    The Last Samurai: 8/10
    LOTR 1: 9/10
    LOTR 2: 10/10
    Spiderman 2: 9/10
    Spiderman 3: 5/10

I'm not sure if I'm meant to rate other films I want to that aren't already up there too?
    Any films you've seen lately, any films in general. Whatever movie you rate I'll add.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Seven Pounds 8.5

Status

Quote Originally Posted by pizous View Post
    Seven Pounds 8.5
    lets keep it at even numbers too! thanks!

8 or 9???

Status

The Dark Knight - 9.0 / 10
    Death Race - 5.5 / 10
    Resident Evil: Degeneration - 6.5 / 10

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Death Race: 6/10
    The Dark Knight: 9/10
    The Iron Man: 8/10
    Wanted: 7/10
    Jumper: 8/10
    There will be Blood: 9/10
    ...Chuck and Larry: 6/10
    Fargo: 9/10

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
    The Dark Knight - 9.0 / 10
    Death Race - 5.5 / 10
    Resident Evil: Degeneration - 6.5 / 10
    Only even numbers! Thanks in advance.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Donnie Brasco - 9
    Mamma Mia - 5

The more people that join in with this, the better it will be.

And he scores goals...!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSells View Post
    Donnie Brasco - 9
    Mamma Mia - 5

The more people that join in with this, the better it will be.
    indeed. adding up even numbers is hard enough for me haha, nevermind doing it by the half haha.

Established Veteran

Status

Dark night: 7/10
    Braveheart: 10/10

BTW, can you vote for some random films that aeren't on the list? for example: I watched Transformers the otherday for like the 1000th time Id give that movie a 9/10.

And when there is no hope,
    "I'll smoke some crack, I'll shoot some dope!"
    When theres no enemies,
    "I sit and stare at my T.V.
    and in my ignorance,
    I'll be a slave and sycophant!"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pr0xy View Post
    Dark night: 7/10
    Braveheart: 10/10

BTW, can you vote for some random films that aeren't on the list? for example: I watched Transformers the otherday for like the 1000th time Id give that movie a 9/10.
    That would be great. Honestly any movie you've seen just add on, and add the movie to the list. Exactly what I want to happen.

Established Veteran

Status

Well, I seen pineapple express the otherday, I'd give that a 6/10, Transformers 9/10, I seen knocked up recently, Id say 6/10

And when there is no hope,
    "I'll smoke some crack, I'll shoot some dope!"
    When theres no enemies,
    "I sit and stare at my T.V.
    and in my ignorance,
    I'll be a slave and sycophant!"

Status

Updated let me know.

Also if you see any mistakes let me know. Might have put the wrong name on a rating etc. I need some back up eyes on this.

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

Saw Yes Man over the weekend, I thought it was a lot better then I had thought it would of been. It pretty much had me laughing through out the movie. Not Jim Carreys best, but by far not his worst. I give it a 7/10.
    [Today 05:12 PM] DD: Slim gets the sexiest boy ever award

www.youtube.com/itscapedcrusader

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I saw Gran Torino this past weekend, it was out here for limited release. I believe it releases everywhere else this weekend. Seriously guys, take a look at the trailer if you haven't already.

This movie had a lot of humor from Eastwood as he's quite a racist...but he does it in good fun as he is friends with most of them as they spit racial banter right back at him.

Beyond that though, there's a real good story in this one. Eastwood is a retired auto worker living near Detroit, Michigan and loses his wife in the beginning of the movie. He sees how gangs are starting to terrorize his neighborhoods and decides to do something about it. This is vintage Eastwood guys..he is Dirty Harry in spirit here for sure (not in body as he's aged a bit, but does pull off some believable action stunts for a 78 year old).

Anyway, another part of this movie is the neighbor boy next door, a shy kid from southeastern Asia (Laos? Korea? I can't remember..) When Walt (Eastwood) catches him trying to steal his Gran Torino from his garage as part of a gang initiation, he eventually "takes him under his wing" to teach him about how to behave, how to talk to girls, and instills in him work ethic.

Bottom line, this movie touched me..it's the first time I can ever remember walking out of the movie theatre with some tears in my eyes. It's just a real good story, plain and simple. As the saying goes, "You'll laugh, you'll cry"....and you'll smile.

This one gets a 9.5/10 for me. And I'm not one to give movings that high of ratings much.

Status

Update thanks guys!

Will now include not only whole but by the half for example.

8.5, 9.5 etc

Thread Information