Thread: Flair on leaving ROH and his WWE agreement...

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Flair on leaving ROH and his WWE agreement...

Quote Originally Posted by PWTorch
    Former Ring of Honor ambassador Ric Flair says he chose to leave ROH and return to WWE on a full-time basis. He says he didn't feel right endorsing two different product at the same time.

"I felt it wasn't right for me to be appearing on TV for the WWE and ROH while singing the praises of both," Flair told the N.Y. Daily News.

Flair says he didn't feel pressure from WWE to pull out of ROH's recent TV taping for HDNet. He says it was his choice.

"The decision was mine alone. Nothing against ROH, but I decided you can't serve two masters, and my loyalty lies with the WWE," Flair said. "I feel very comfortable being there."

Ring of Honor announced today that Flair will no longer be the special guest referee for the ROH World Title match between Jerry Lynn and Austin Aries on June 13 in New York City.

ROH said Flair will still be in New York for the match, but his role will be an "outside official." He will be joined ringside by former ROH champion Nigel McGuinness.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWTorch
    Ric Flair says he hasn't signed a written agreement to work for WWE again, but he left Ring of Honor to be available for WWE TV appearances on a regular basis.

"I only have a verbal agreement with them to make appearances," Flair told the N.Y. Daily News. "I'm still retired."

Flair said he would come out of retirement to wrestle again "under very special conditions."

Flair isn't expected to wrestle for WWE, but he has "special conditions" called big money to wrestle overseas waiting for him.
    I'm sorry, but Flair had a professional wrestling match on Monday in my eyes. Just because he hasn't signed a contract with WWE and there was no bell to start the match or to finish it does not mean he's still retired. It just means he's a free-lancer who's being creative with the word "retired". I let the Jericho beatdown before 'Mania go because he didn't actually challenge Jericho to a fight and got in zero offence, that was an angle. This fight with Orton was a match.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Re: Flair on leaving ROH and his WWE agreement...

He's nothing more than a dog. He just dogged out ROH and all the fans that bought tickets to see him. Does that mean he ain't doing the autograph sessions and such? He just goes where the money calls.

AWESOM-O

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

"I felt it wasn't right for me to be appearing on TV for the WWE and ROH while singing the praises of both,"
    I wonder what praises those might be. The ones that Cary wrote on his cue cards? The extremely vague "talented boys in the back" compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status

I like the way he doesn't mention his drug addict son getting busted as a reason for pulling out of ROH.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I don't see why he couldn't work for both to be honest, especially since he has/had a contract with neither.

Status

"I felt it wasn't right for me to be appearing on TV for the WWE and ROH while singing the praises of both,"
    IMO, that's not a very good reason. You can do both. I'm sure Vinnie Mac could care less. Ric probably thinks Vince is gonna crack and let him fight in legit matches.

WAKE UP

Status

He only worked with ROH in the first place because of the money and because he could get his son a spot there.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post
    I've not seen it but it sounds like a match to me. Disappointing.

YouTube - Ric Flair vs Randy Orton Parking Lot Brawl RAW 06/01/2009

WAKE UP

Status

I wouldn't call it a match at all, but he still needs to GTFO. He totally failed to take the punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    He only worked with ROH in the first place because of the money and because he could get his son a spot there.
    I don't even think it was the money. He just saw a chance to get his son a few matches with with a pretty big indy company. Once Reid fucked up, Flair had no reason to stay when he could get bigger money elsewhere.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

The thing is, he can get bigger money elsewhere, while also working select dates for ROH for extra cash... Why not just do that?

Thread Information