Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Best and Worst Finishers

On Vacation

Status

5 Best and Worst Finishers

Finishers are a very important component for a wrestler. A good finisher can establish a young star in fans minds, or solidify a wrestler with a single move. Finishers also can be what a match works around, building a story around the hitting of a move, weather it be "out of no where" or a wrestlers "equiliser", in a storied sense. Some finishing moves in the WWE right now work and others dont. So this is a five best and worst for the wrestlers using them list and why.

5 BEST

1- Randy Orton RKO- This finisher is credible and fits Ortons character. The RKO can be used 'out of no where' to score quick finishes, or worked up to to draw heat. The move lends itself for posing, with Orton slithering behind an opponent to hit it. The RKO fits Ortons character, as a viper, as it the move 'strikes' with suddeness. The RKO is also credible, as it has been used long enough for fans to connect Orton with it, and been treated well enough for it to be believable to beat anyone. The RKO has been used as Ortons equiliser against bigger guys, and a move that lends Orton to credibly win any match.

2- Ted Dibiase Dream Street- A move that incorporates his Gen history, utilising the "million dollar dream" and showing of his size and strength. Dream Street establishes Dibiase as strong, and a physical presense by the nature of its impact, and comes across on TV flawlessly. Dream Street is a great 'high impact' move that incorporates all the good things about Dibiase, his strength and power, his legace and to a degree his wrestling ability, with a wrestling hold incorporated into the move.

3- Jack Swagger Gut Wrench Powerbomg- A move beautiful to watch. This move shows Swaggers strength and power but at the same time his wrestling ability. The gut wrench in the move puts over Swaggers wrestling skills, and differs from the conventional 'big man power bomb'. The move makes Jack stand out in a good way, different from a generick big man style, just like he is.

4 Evan Bourn Shooting Star Press- Due to the size of Evan Bourne his finisher needed to be impactful, and draw a fan in to be believable. The shooting stat press does just that. This move shows of all that is good about EB. Its amazing to watch, showing of his arieal ability, speed but also his resoursefulness. When ever EB hits the move its in a stiuation where he is resourceful, and sets the move up, putting over his wrestling style. The way the move has been put over since its first being used is an equiliser for Bourn as its his 'big move' to overcome the odds. This is more than just flash, it fits the EB charater and how he wrestles.

5 Big Show Knock Out Punch- It may seem weird to include a shoot type move in wrestling as a great finisher, but every time Show uses the move it solidifies his character. The 'Knock Out Punch' makes Big Show look great on TV from a character perspective every time he does it, and isnt that what an ideal finisher does? This move was created out of Shows deadly character, and is the cherry on his 'strong man' offence cake.

5 WORST

MVP Playmaker- This move is the overdrive, a move made for wrestlers without finishing moves on WWE video games. The move is awaquard, easy to botch (See Matt Hardy) and on its cleanest hit doesnt look impressive. It does nothing for the MVP character, face or heel, and will never be believable to beat guys above the low midcard.

Mike Knox Knox Out- This spinning STO does not show the good qualities of Mike knox. Big Guys should use big finishers. It would be fine for a signiture move, but Knoxes finish should be high impact, like a bicyicle kick or spinning side slam.

Cody Rhodes Cross Rhodes- Again a move maid for guys who dont have finishers. Its awquard to set up and easy to botch, or not come across as impactful. It wasnt great when Carlito did it, it wont put Cody over. The DDT was simple, but it may have been better suited in the interem then this move.

Chris Jerich Code Breaker- A lovely move for a smaller guy. Jericho isnt the 'cruiserweight' he was in WCW, and this move is for a smaller guy, or one being pushed as such. Jericho has offense of a normal sized guy, but a finisher suited to a little baby face, an out of nowhere move, but not viper like like the RKO. Doesnt really fit his wrestling style.

John Morrison Star Ship Pain- Dont get me wrong, I love this move, but its anougher case of what should be a signature move becoming a finisher. Its to flashy, and the Moon Light Drive, while not riviting was a more upper midcarder finisher. The move is kinda wonky to set up, and although cool, doesnt really lend itself to much down the line if Morrison ever wants to wrestle big names like Cena, because really, can you see any main evented being told to lost to a split leg moonsault?

Thoughts??

People's Champion

Status

Re: 5 Best and Worst Finishers

Well you worst are good, I would maybe have added the following to best:

1. Stone Cold Stunner
    2. Rock Bottom
    3. Twist Of Fate
    Worst:

1. Big Show Knock Out
    2. Choke Slam
    3. 619
    4. Side Effect

WAKE UP

Status

What the hell is wrong with those four?

People's Champion

Status

They are not exciting. And what does the 619 even do?

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Johns View Post
    It's a flashy, overcomplicated kick in the face.

Oh My Goddess

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Worst
    1. 619
    2.FU (I will NOT call it the Attitude Adjustment)
    3.Big Show punch (What's the differnce between that punch and his regular ones)
    4.Kolsov throw thing (He should be using something more powerful)
    5.Playmaker (what happened to the Drive By Kick?)

Best
    1.RKO
    2.Reality Check (I really like the move for some reason)
    3.Star Ship Pain (impressive looking flippy move with a STUPID name)
    4.GTS (It's a fucking knee to the face. It's gotta hurt.)
    5.Tombstone Plivedriver

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Johns View Post
    It's a full on kick to the face with momentum gained from a run up.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    It's a flashy, overcomplicated kick in the face.
    And a kick in the face, no matter how you get there, is gonna hurt.

Oh My Goddess

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    And a kick in the face, no matter how you get there, is gonna hurt.
    Yeah but the 619 just doesn't seem like a finisher. Rey needs some kind of a secondary finisher. Something that looks more realistic to set up. He's a "high flyer" right? So maybe he could start using the Frog Splash as a finisher, in tribute to Eddie.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by E-weezie View Post
    Yeah but the 619 just doesn't seem like a finisher. Rey needs some kind of a secondary finisher. Something that looks more realistic to set up. He's a "high flyer" right? So maybe he could start using the Frog Splash as a finisher, in tribute to Eddie.
    He does, actually. He usually follows up the 619 with a springboard splash.

WAKE UP

Status

The 619 is a set-up move.

steak hunter

Status

for me:
    Best:
    1. Frog Splash (RVD style), its just beautiful.
    2. F5, looks brutal, feels brutal, is brutal
    3. unprettier or "killswitch", Its so original.
    4. Starship Pain, it requires so much athleticism to pull it off.
    5. Crossface, huh not gonna get into the Benoit thing, but this move is just brutal.
    Worst:
    1. People's Elbow and "the worm" and Hogan's Leg Drog- yeah flashy, but what the hey?
    2. Spinarooni - ???
    3. Samoan Spike- used to be great, but not anymore cuz they dont overreact to it
    4. Mic Check - doesn't look like a finisher.....
    5. STFU - How does that hurt????

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Ok, I guess I should do my list really... Here's my five best finishers, in no particular order:

1. Five Star Frog Splash (RVD) - The guy can hit it from any corner of the ring, to an opponent anywhere in (or out) of the ring, and can even seemingly change direction in mid-air.

2. 619 (Rey Mysterio) - The 619 kick itself is admitedly a set-up moves for whatever sprngboard assault Rey has in mind for his opponent. Whether is a hurracanrana, a splash, or a leg drop. But when it's all put together it looks fantastic, and as I said earlier, a kick to the face, no matter how you get there, is always gonna hurt.

3. The Punt (Randy Orton) - It's a full force kick to the head. Seriously. That's just damned effective.

4. Clothesline From Hell (JBL) - I know compared to previous clothesline finishes it doesn't stand up as truly brutal, but in today's environment, and with the right opponents, JBL's Clothesline From Hell looked downright dibiliatating.

5. F5 (Brock Lesnar) - Spinning a guy around and dropping him on his face. How awesome would that look in the UFC!?

And my five worst:

1. RKO (Randy Orton) - He can hit it from anywhere and it looks fantastic when done right, but in all honesty it doesn't look like it would hurt a child, nevermind Batista.

2. The Killswitch (Christian) - Turning your back on an opponent in order to finish them off is never a great idea. Plus it looks lame 90% of the time.

3. Stone Cold Stunner (Steve Austin) - I mark every time I see it, and sold well it looks fantastic, but much like Orton's RKO, I'd be surprised if inconvenianced me in the slightest.

4. Big Knock Out Punch (Big Show) - Closed fists are not allowed in wrestling, period. That's the rules and always has been. Congratulations Big Show, your finisher should be getting you disqualified every single time.

5.The Playmaker (MVP) - Oh noes!! You cushioned my head with the soft part of the back of you leg, while driving your knee into the canvas... That's a finisher? Surely it's just a way to injure yourself?

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status

How is nobody adding the Superkick to one of the 5 best finishers? Shawn does it BAM it actually looks like the guys are lights out right after the move.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    4. Big Knock Out Punch (Big Show) - Closed fists are not allowed in wrestling, period. That's the rules and always has been. Congratulations Big Show, your finisher should be getting you disqualified every single time.
    There was an article in WWE Magazine sometime a year or so ago officially making closed fists legal.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsteak View Post
    5. STFU - How does that hurt????
    It's slowly ripping your leg muscles and then the head part is stretching your neck choking you out.

WAKE UP

Status

I'm sure the RKO and the Stunner would fuck your neck up pretty badly.

The best thing about the 5* Frogsplash is the way RVD sold it like he caved his own rib cage in hitting the move.

Have the right person take the RKO and it will look like it could break your neck.

Exhibit A:

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WAKE UP

Status

Cena's STF usually looks pretty feeble imo. Often looks like he has no idea how to apply the hold. I would say the AA is a better move because atleast that looks like it would actually hurt being thrown down with that force.

And yeah Punk's GTS is often pretty bad unless he legit fucks someone up with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information