Thread: ROH on HDNet's continuing problems...

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

ROH on HDNet's continuing problems...

Quote Originally Posted by PWInsider.Com
    HDNET UPDATE
    by Mike Johnson @ 2009-05-31 14:16:52

It appears HDNet and its sister channel HDNet movies have been completely removed from Tim-Warner Cable, as the cable provider claimed.
    As of this morning, we've received emails from a ton of readers that the channels have been yanked and in some cases, haven't been replaced with other networks.
    My own Time-Warner cable affiliate in NYC removed the stations at midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWInsider.Com
    STATUS OF ROH TELEVISION REPORTS
    by Richard Trionfo @ 2009-05-31 14:42:49

As Mike Johnson mentioned earlier today, Time Warner has officially removed HDNet and HDNet Movies from their services. This also applies to Bright House Networks, a company
    affiliated with Time Warner, and the company that I receive my cable services through in the Tampa area. As you might know, I have done the weekly television reports on HDNet for the site since the show debuted. Since I no longer have the channel, I cannot do the reports.
    If you are interested in doing the reports, please send an e-mail to Dave, Mike, or Buck by clicking on their names on any of the stories that they have written on the site.
    The main event for Saturday's show is the Four Way Match for the Ring of Honor Title with Jerry Lynn defending against Tyler Black, Bryan Danielson, and Austin Aries.
    Two updates on ROH's TV network and their current broadcasting "issues". This is not great for ROH either, given that many a loyal/hardcore ROH fan has been turned off by the show itself, and stopped watching pretty early (as it seems at least from reports of such fans on this site) and now the fact that even if they wanted to tune back in, many of them simply can't. Silkin must be wondering when the problems for his group are gonna end.

Wii #1

Status

Re: ROH on HDNet's continuing problems...

The reports are that Mark Cuban (owner of HDNet) wanted Time Waner to put it on their basic cable package (which in my area is $65 a month) instead of their premium cable package but Time Warner doesn't want to.

Even if I still had cable it wouldn't bother me. The poor production values are the reason I don't watch ROH. The wrestling is sometimes pretty good, but the high school AV club production values kills my enjoyment of it.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
    Even if I still had cable it wouldn't bother me. The poor production values are the reason I don't watch ROH. The wrestling is sometimes pretty good, but the high school AV club production values kills my enjoyment of it.
    I can understand that for regular shows of the past, but the HD Net shows look incredible. They're easily better than TNA especially if you want it in the best quality possible.

Backyarder

Status

Sucks. The actual in-ring wresting was phenomenal in my opinion, and every episode was in crystal clear HD. Hands down better than TNA. The production was horrible though.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

How was/is the production terrible when it's better than TNA in every way? I think what you might mean is that the crowd's and venues aren't as "glamorous" as WWE and TNA. Which is a fair point, but production wise ROH is perfectly fine. Better than in some cases.

Thread Information