Thread: Raw Rating 25th May

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Raw Rating 25th May

Heres this rating

Well, there won't be a mastur-ba-graphic like this past Monday's on next week's Raw as WWE did not win the night this week. In fact, they lost to two broadcasts. The 5/25 edition of Raw did a 3.2 cable rating, down from last week's 3.6. The show did hours of 3.08 and 3.38.

While Vince McMahon spent the week getting as much mileage as he could from the mainstream press after The Denver Nuggets took away the company's date at the Pepsi Arena, all the Nuggets and The Los Angeles Lakers did was lay the smack down on WWE by drawing a 6.9 rating for their head-to-head match-up with Raw on ESPN by more than doubling Raw's number.

To make matters worse, Raw also got doubled up by TLC's reality show "Jon & Kate, Plus 8", which ironically also was spurred by mainstream press over a supposed infidelity controversy by the show's parents. They did a 6.8 rating, which is why I wonder if it was just a ploy by them to get ratings. If so, it worked and Vince McMahon could learn from them.

That means WWE placed third on this Monday night so don't expect a graphic similar to Monday's next week.

pwinsider

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Re: Raw Rating 25th May

I don't know why this is surprising. Generally when you write a show that is completely unwatchable to the casual fan and rely strictly on the hardcore fan base who would watch an episode of RAW even if it consisted of Batista explaining the intricacies of diarrhea for 2 hours your ratings float around the absolute minimum. (In WWE's case low 3's, high 2's.)

I have no idea why the writing team between Raw and Smackdown is so night and day. Smackdown has been great as of late. The problem with Smackdown is that it had been neglected for so long/WWE made the mistake of moving Mysterio to Raw and likely lost a large portion of the Latino demographic as a result so it'll take a long time to build the ratings back up.

KENTA!

Status

Re: Raw Rating 25th May

Not really all that surprising I'm pretty sure Basketball has more fans than WWE =D and the Jon and Kate crap I'm getting tired off, thats all they talk about on the radio here I dunno about where you all live. I for one could care less who's cheating on who.

Song of the Week : Sick Puppies - You're Going Down

Thread Information