Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unforgiven Taps Out For Good

Unforgiven Taps Out For Good

Quote Originally Posted by PWInsider
    WWE Unforgiven has gone the way of the Dodo. WWE will replace the show with the first-ever WWE Breaking Point PPV on 9/13 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec Canada.

Based on a survey WWE sent out to fans several weeks back, Breaking Point PPV will feature a submission theme in the main events. The Breaking Point title was one of a number of choices fans were asked to give their opinion on for the PPV's theme.

WWE had been using the Unforgiven name since 1998.

Tickets will go on sale 7/11.
    Breaking Point sounds way too much like an Indy event name. Not to mention it sounds a lot like Turning Point. Oh well, with the PPV being submission based, I'm sure it's going to be horrible.

Jobber

Status

Re: Unforgiven Taps Out For Good

So every match is going to be a submission match? If so, I think I'll pass on this PPV. I'm not a fan of the name either, and I'm not a fan of the PPVs that have set rules like this...

World Champion

Status

It says just the main events so hopefully the rest of the card will be normal.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Yeah, seems likely that only the three brands respective Title matches will be submissoin based matches. Not sure that's the right way to go considering the lack of good submission workers in the main event.

God

Status

Cena, Michaels, Jericho, Punk, 'taker... i cant think of anyone else high up the card who has more than one or two submission moves in their WWE arsenal, even Punk and Michaels are a stretch.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

WAKE UP

Status

This may force matches to actually have some psychology in them so I have no idea whow people can condemn this already.

Glad they scrapped Unforgiven and the god-awful scramble gimmick though.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Cena, Michaels, Jericho, Punk, 'taker... i cant think of anyone else high up the card who has more than one or two submission moves in their WWE arsenal, even Punk and Michaels are a stretch.
    I'd say Punk and Jericho are the only guys with any real submission moves, but for some reason WWE took Punk's submission finisher off him, and bastardised the Walls Of Jericho into the Boston "looks lame unless you're Big Show" Crab. Taker's submission is disliked by many, but I guess he does use it pretty regular. HBK uses the Crossface and the Sharpshooter, only now and then, and Cena's STFU is fucking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    This may force matches to actually have some psychology in them so I have no idea whow people can condemn this already.

Glad they scrapped Unforgiven and the god-awful scramble gimmick though.
    I agree that they might employ ring psychology to the matches due to the stipulations, but I doubt it highly... Also, I enjoyed the Scramble gimmick itself, just not for the World Titles.

WAKE UP

Status

Why would you doubt it? I imagine there are some workers who are completely incompetant but I'm sure most guys will get the very obvious hint on how to work this. The only real concern is the repetetiveness could be too much.

People's Champion

Status

I feel, When I read that first post, that I was reading a TNA Wrestling PPV addition. It is a stupid name, but a great concept. Why couldn't they add the Gimmick to the PPV? It would kinda go with the name.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I love the fact that this will be a submission based PPV, but I hate the name. Very bland. Plus, what will happen to the scramble matches? Are they heading to No Mercy?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Scramble Matches are stupid! I think it is the worste match WWE come out with. Can someone say "An Elimination Chamber Match with 5 people and no Chamber"? It is a pointless match. No gimmick to it at all.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent© View Post
    I love the fact that this will be a submission based PPV, but I hate the name. Very bland. Plus, what will happen to the scramble matches? Are they heading to No Mercy?
    They're heading to the shit can, hopefully. I'm not that fond of multi-man matches for world titles anyways, but scrambles are just beyond ridiculous.

Ratchet

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent© View Post
    Plus, what will happen to the scramble matches? Are they heading to No Mercy?
    I was thinking the E was just going to replace No mercy with the PPV and leave unforgiven the same. Hopefully they just scrapped the whole scramble concept altogether so we're not filled with too many gimmick filled ppvs

People's Champion

Status

No Mercy would have been a great PPV for a submission pbased theme.

On Vacation

Status

I hope not. It would be as boring as fuck. I doubt itll be all submission though, but you never know.

People's Champion

Status

People still don't understand that the only submission matches are THE MAIN EVENTS?

Stud Muffin

Status

Honestly, all PPV's are the same that aren't the Rumble and Mania. No big diff.....

WAKE UP

Status

I think by "main events" they could just mean the main show exluding the dark matches. Odd wording.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Why the hell are they going with this whole themed PPV idea!!! thankfully, it seems as if not all the matches will be submission matches but this is just lazy booking in my opinion.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    Why would you doubt it? I imagine there are some workers who are completely incompetant but I'm sure most guys will get the very obvious hint on how to work this. The only real concern is the repetetiveness could be too much.
    I doubt it because how often do we see a match that ends in submission using any real psychology? How often does Cena work a particular body part (neck, back, leg) before locking in the STFU? Even Jericho's Wall's get very little preperation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Why the hell are they going with this whole themed PPV idea!!! thankfully, it seems as if not all the matches will be submission matches but this is just lazy booking in my opinion.
    Agreed. Themed PPV's suck when done as often as they seem to be being done these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information