Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TNA Wrestling in Denver

People's Champion

Status

TNA Wrestling in Denver

This one is pretty funny. TNA has jumped into the WWE vs. Denver issue with the following announcement:

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling Heads to Colorado, for Sure!

DEJECTED WWE FANS CAUGHT IN THE "DENVER DEBACLE" GET A $10 DISCOUNT FOR TNA TICKETS WITH THEIR UNUSED WWE TICKETS FROM COLORADO SHOWS.

DENVER, May 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is bringing a slam-dunk show to Colorado - and unlike its competition, the superstars of TNA will not skip town.

The TNA Live! Tour invades the Pueblo (Colo.) Convention Center on Friday night, May 29, and then moves to Cheyenne, Wyo., on Saturday night, May 30 at the Taco Johns Event Center. Both shows start at 7:30 p.m., and anyone bringing an unused WWE ticket from its recently-cancelled Colorado shows to the box office in Pueblo or Cheyenne will receive a $10 discount for tickets for either TNA show.

"Some of the biggest pro wrestling fans in the nation are in Colorado," said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter. "It was sad to see the WWE pull out of all their scheduled shows in Colorado recently because of the scheduling conflict with the NBA playoffs. I want everyone in Colorado to know that TNA Wrestling is coming and we hope to see you at our first shows ever in your state. For WWE fans that paid for any of these cancelled events, we are offering you $10 off the purchase of tickets to come see us and enjoy the best fan experience in pro wrestling."

Carter also confirmed that TNA is "formally inviting" all Nugget players, coaches, broadcasters and front-office staff to the Pueblo show.

Appearing live will be "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett, "The War Machine" Rhino, "The Monster" Abyss, The Beautiful People (Angelina Love and Velvet Sky), Cute Kip, the Motor City Machine Guns, "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan, TNA X Division Champion Suicide, Lethal Consequences, Taylor Wilde, "Showtime" Eric Young, Brutus Magnus, Kiyoshi, and more.

Cross The Line to TNA Wrestling, the most innovative experience in professional wrestling today. "TNA iMPACT!" airs every Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV.

PW Insider
    This is actually a good businiess move....execpt WWE fans are going to pay twice for one wrestling show...

Brett is Back!

Status

Re: TNA Wrestling in Denver

Wait a second. I thought the WWE is going to return to Denver in August. So why would someone pay twice for an event instead of waiting for August 7th? Plus how can TNA legally use WWE tickets in the first place? Vince got one hell of a lawsuit coming up.
    Favre and The Vikings are going to the Super Bowl.
    No one can stop The Favre and Peterson Connection!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

People's Champion

Status

Depends on what you mean by "use"....if by use you mean give them the $10 discount then yes they can it just wouldnt be smart.

I dont see any legeal aspect of this.

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah.. they just show they couldn't go to the WWE show and they receive 10 dollars off their TNA ticket. Though I thought they were probably receiving a refund? ..

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. If a fan chooses to sell their tickets its their own business.

They should let them in free though.

Brett is Back!

Status

It's not being sold, it is being used as a discount. That could have some legal problems. It's like Nintendo changing the Wii to play Xbox360 games and of course Nintendo games can still be played on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God

Status

I dont see any legal arguement here. They are simply offering the people who bought tickets for the WWE show, that now isnt happening, a discount on the TNA show. They are not going to be taking the WWE tickets, they will simply be shown the ticket and give a discount to that person.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Brett is Back!

Status

The TNA Live! Tour invades the Pueblo (Colo.) Convention Center on Friday night, May 29, and then moves to Cheyenne, Wyo., on Saturday night, May 30 at the Taco Johns Event Center. Both shows start at 7:30 p.m., and anyone bringing an unused WWE ticket from its recently-cancelled Colorado shows to the box office in Pueblo or Cheyenne will receive a $10 discount for tickets for either TNA show.
    I don't see any where that states "just show us the ticket". The shows were rescheduled for August 7th. TNA is not including that information and I doubt some people know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

The shows haven't been rescheduled, they were already booked, and if I know Vince, he'd pull out of them if he could.

And how could TNA ever be construed as doing anything remotely illegal? They're offering people a discount. I've seen similar things done in the past.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. If a fan chooses to sell their tickets its their own business.
    You do understand that selling a ticket on is illegal right? Especially if it for more than the face value of said ticket. Not that that has anything to do with what TNA are doing, but nothing in your post did.

Quote Originally Posted by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN View Post
    It's not being sold, it is being used as a discount. That could have some legal problems. It's like Nintendo changing the Wii to play Xbox360 games and of course Nintendo games can still be played on it.
    It's nothing like that. TNA are basically saying bring your unused ticket with you to our show and get a discount cos you got messed around. That's perfectly legal. If they start confuscating tickets, meaning that those who take advantage of the offer can't get a refund on those tickets then there's legal issues.

As an idea it's pretty sound, because TNA get to ride in on a white horse and look like heroes saving the day, when in reality it just good timing. With it being TNA though let's wait and see how it works in practice.

Brett is Back!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Half Boy View Post
    The shows haven't been rescheduled, they were already booked, and if I know Vince, he'd pull out of them if he could.

And how could TNA ever be construed as doing anything remotely illegal? They're offering people a discount. I've seen similar things done in the past.
    Yes, it has. It was stated the show will take place on August 7th.

STAMFORD, Conn. – World Wrestling Entertainment announced today that due to the debacle caused by Kroenke Sports Enterprises regarding Game 4 of the NBA Playoffs, WWE is moving the May 25, 2009 edition of Monday Night Raw from the Pepsi Center in Denver to the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. PT.
    In addition, due to the overwhelming support shown by the STAPLES Center, Los Angeles Lakers and the California WWE fans, WWE will hold back-to-back nights of action at the STAPLES Center, with a second event on Tuesday, May 26 at 6:30 p.m. PT. Head to Ticketmaster now for tickets to Monday's live event and Tuesday's live event.
    WWE will be returning to Denver for an event at the Denver Coliseum on Friday, August 7. Refunds for the Pepsi Center event can be obtained by returning tickets to the place of purchase.
    “WWE is extremely grateful to the Lakers and the STAPLES Center for the hospitality and professionalism shown to WWE during this whole situation,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment. “We apologize to all of the WWE fans in the Denver area who have been inconvenienced by Kroenke Sports Enterprises. We look forward to bringing two consecutive nights of WWE excitement to Staples Center this Monday and Tuesday night.”
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    You do understand that selling a ticket on is illegal right? Especially if it for more than the face value of said ticket. Not that that has anything to do with what TNA are doing, but nothing in your post did.
    How not, because I suggested that maybe they'll be confiscating tickets? It doesn't say they won't be, nor does it say that it'll simply be a case where they just have to be shown the ticket. You don't know anymore than I do, don't pretend you do.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    How not, because I suggested that maybe they'll be confiscating tickets? It doesn't say they won't be, nor does it say that it'll simply be a case where they just have to be shown the ticket. You don't know anymore than I do, don't pretend you do.
    You were talking about fans selling their tickets, not TNA confiscating them. Those are two entirely different things. And as I said, if TNA confiscates the tickets that would be illegal. I doubt they'd be dumb enough to actually do that... But then this is TNA we're talking about.

And Franklin, I think what Half Boy is saying, and said in his post (and seems obvious from that quote you used) is that the August 7th shows were booked before this whole issue began and are not re-scheduled dates. Now I obviously don't know that for certain, but no where does it say that the August date is a rescheduling of Mondays cancelled show (and considering it's at a different venue I'd say it isn't).

Brett is Back!

Status

That is true the WWE and TNA need to give more clear details. Yes, TNA is dumb enough to do something this illegal. We seen the reverse ladder match so anything is possible with TNA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Conqueror of Shamballa

Status

people would be silly to not capitalize on this deal. IMO, tna house show>any show wwe can offer.

wouldn't the discount be as easy to get as bringing your wwe ticket to the box office and BAM.. you get your discount?!

this is a pretty smart move by dixie.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN View Post
    That is true the WWE and TNA need to give more clear details. Yes, TNA is dumb enough to do something this illegal. We seen the reverse ladder match so anything is possible with TNA.
    Yeah, because creative is in control of management.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal Alchemist View Post
    people would be silly to not capitalize on this deal. IMO, tna house show>any show wwe can offer.

wouldn't the discount be as easy to get as bringing your wwe ticket to the box office and BAM.. you get your discount?!

this is a pretty smart move by dixie.
    That's how I'd see it working. Otherwise TNA would be treading murky legal waters.

WAKE UP

Status

Well it's not like anyone would pay full price to see a TNA show.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

TNA house shows are pretty awesome in general though. No storylines and a bunch of talented guys just wrestling. Much better than TNA PPV's in fact.

People's Champion

Status

There is nothing illegal about using another companies tickets to give discounts...I meant i would do the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information