View Poll Results: Who was the better heel?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Rave

3 33.33%
  • Randy Savage

6 66.67%

Thread: Best Heel Ever Tournament- Round 3: Jimmy Rave vs Randy Savage

WAKE UP

Status

Best Heel Ever Tournament- Round 3: Jimmy Rave vs Randy Savage

Crown Jewel or the Macho Man?

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Best Heel Ever Tournament- Round 3: Jimmy Rave vs Randy Savage

Kind of like Steve with Piper, when I think Savage I think face. When I think Rave, I think stuck up finisher stealing ultraheel.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I probably shouldn't vote as I'm unfamilar with too much of Rave's Heel work, but I'm giving it to Savage.

As entertaining as Rave has been, a good portion of his shtick was things that Savage did decades before him. The only difference is that while people hated what Savage did to Elizabeth, how many people really cared about Jade Chung? The other difference is that while they both cheated, Savage was never really booked as a guy who couldn't win cleanly. It's just that he cheated because he was just such an ass. For Rave, all of his major feuds were with people who I don't feel he can really win against. Cheating when you don't have to is always a bigger heel move to me than cheating because you can't win any other way. In truth, Rave feels like a 2000's version of classic 80's Savage.

Savage easily.

WAKE UP

Status

I voted Savage but I don't get that point about cheating to win. Surely if you can win anyway, that would mean you are the better man (or as good as the face atleast) which in some ways defeats the point of the heel.

Didn't Rave get wins over Punk fairly? I know him and Shelley got some fair tag match wins too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    I voted Savage but I don't get that point about cheating to win. Surely if you can win anyway, that would mean you are the better man (or as good as the face atleast) which in some ways defeats the point of the heel.

Didn't Rave get wins over Punk fairly? I know him and Shelley got some fair tag match wins too.
    If you're going to be a champion for as long as Savage was (Roughly 26 months in total) you're going to have to be booked as a talented wrestler unless you're a rare exception (See: Layfield, John Bradshaw). Savage cheating was like a slap in the face of all the wrestlers he's faced. It's almost as if he's saying "Yeah, I can beat you cleanly, but I'm going to cheat just for lolz." That's a major heel move in my opinion.

Rave did get a few wins over Punk, but they were never clean. Nana and the Embassy kept interfering which is why their blow off match was inside of a steel cage.

Thread Information