Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabe's New Promotion! - Dragon Gate USA

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Gabe's New Promotion! - Dragon Gate USA

Source: Stock Images - Royalty-Free Stock Photography Images and Photos at Jupiterimages

Hello everyone!!! Please allow me to be your host to the pro wrestling haven known as Dragon Gate USA.

The benefits of several months of preparation are finally here as Dragon Gate USA is re-launched and Dragon Gate USA is now officially launched. We all have one goal and that is to become known as the premium brand of pro wrestling in the United States. We will work our hardest to achieve that goal for you.

DGUSA is about quality over quantity. The plan is to present only a handful of live shows per year so each card can be treated as a major event. In fact, each match on every card will offer something special whether it is a star making opportunity for upcoming talent, a clash of Dragon Gate's top stars or a battle of only the most skilled combatants.

Most importantly, we will only be satisfied when you feel like you have received five star treatment. We strive to make every DGUSA show a destination event. This is OUR haven. You will get what you pay for with DGUSA. There are no "house" or "B" shows or throwaway matches. Again, we are about quality over quantity, like a fine meal at a top restaurant. You will experience how much appreciation we have for your support.

We are not going to hype "huge surprises" or tease you with inevitably disappointing announcements. We are just going to serve you and deliver. This website will be our news center. You will watch it grow before your eyes as we add free videos, articles and much more including new talent to the roster section. DGUSA.tv is only in its budding stage now. You will witness it progress. We hope you will join our communities on Myspace, Facebook and Twitter.

I am a fan of the Dragon Gate style and wrestlers. As a fan I am very excited and hope you will share this enthusiasm. This is the dawn of a new era. The opportunity for me to join Dragon Gate USA came very naturally. I jumped at this chance. Together we can evolve and bring something unique, fresh and different to the American pro wrestling scene while maintaining a high level of quality.

I hope you will mark July 25th on your calendar as we debut in Philadelphia at The Arena. Tickets will go on sale on April 29th. Check Dragon Gate USA soon for ticket packages and information. In the meantime, please look at our new Dragon Gate USA shirts in the store section. We are also in the process of producing some new DVDs that will be available on this site shortly. We are also finalizing our Chicago debut on Labor Day weekend for fans in the Midwest and will have information soon.

Thank you for surfing over to Dragon Gate USA and joining us as our journey begins.

Gabe Sapolsky
    Vice President of Dragon Gate USA
    This is something that I am definitely interested in following, especially since it's unlikely we'll see Dragon Gate back in ROH. I am very curious as to how a Japanese roster is going to work in America, though. Subtitles in promos? Translators? Maybe no talking at all? Either way, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Gabe's New Promotion! - Dragon Gate USA

Ouch at some of the pot shots like "no B shows".

Meh, not really a fan of current Dragon Gate and I expect it'll more of the same, only more exhibition-y.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm sure their style will help them to get over very well, especially with those who don't seek out puro because they can't ignore the foreign language. I'm sure there's a lot of great matches that can come out of this that weren't possible before.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Plus despite being Dragon Gate it is in the USA and I'm sure US talent will be used..

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On Vacation

Status

GABE RIKEY RIKEY JAPANESE WRESTLER VELY MUCH

Indy Talent

Status

I'm excited to see Gabe running a promotion once again, and I can only assume he will do some of the booking. I hope though that he does do storylines because I love Gabe's booking and creativity.

It sounds like 2002 ROH. Although I'm sure that's the stigma he wants to avoid.

More like Hall of Lamer

Status

I loved Dragon Gate back in the day, hopefully this is actually worth following

Then, now, forever.

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I haven't seen Dragon Gate since that big cage match a while back, so I have no idea how the product is nowadays, but I'm pretty excited nevertheless. I didn't care for the way Gabe booked ROH near the end of his tenure, but I think he did a pretty nice job before then and I've always thought that he deserves another chance. Didn't expect the chance to be like this though, but as I said, I'm excited. I doubt they'll ever come to Cleveland, so that's a shame, but they're going to have DVDs in the stores. I'm really hoping they start releasing a bunch of previous shows on the site too, as I'd love to watch some of my favorite DG matches on my couch on a big TV instead of cramped on my computer.

Lawl though, their site has been up for one day (not even) and it's already 10x better than ROH's.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm just iffy about DG in the US. As pointed out earlier, Japanese wrestlers really might have a hard time. Most of their appearances (ala Kyoshi, Speed Muscle) are just match based. Fans might get over their athletisicm, but not the same way they connect with American wrestlers.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Covered in Blood

Status

As Ken mentioned, I expect there will be some US talent used. Also, while it may be a crazy concept for American wrestling, not all Japanese wrestlers are clueless samurai who can't speak a lick of English. I know CIMA can speak English pretty decently, at least, and I'd imagine that there's quite a few other DG wrestlers that can with a lot of the US talent that they've dealt with in the past. Besides, this is Philly. I don't think the fans will mind if they can put on a great show in the ring, which is obvious when it comes to Dragon Gate.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I don't know who's under contract in ROH, but I definitely wouldn't mind some of their guys getting involved with the whole dream match aspect. Danielson doesn't appear to be re-signing his contract and while he doesn't wrestle a DG style, I'm sure a match with CIMA would be great. I wouldn't mind American Wolves vs SpeedMuscle either.

Covered in Blood

Status

I'm expecting them to deal more with CHIKARA than say an ROH, which IMO, would actually be a bit cooler and could lead to better match-ups.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Wolves vs. Speed Muscle as a dream match? I think Black/Danielson vs. Speed Muscle is jizz worthy.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

The Wolves' tag team offense + the intensity of Davey > Team Work II, who are probably teaming for like the second time this weekend.

Seriously, the Wolves are fantastic.

WAKE UP

Status

Davey kicking Japanese pretty boys in the face sounds somewhat appealing....

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Dragon Gate and CHIKARA: Together at Last! A video package plays on the big screen at the end of intermission announcing that Dragon Gate USA and CHIKARA have joined forces and will be working together in the future, starting with the July 25th Dragon Gate USA event at The Arena in Philadelphia! A lot of focus on how Skayde was a trainer and an influence on both companies.

-Wonderful~

Edit:more info
    The relationship between CHIKARA and Dragon Gate seems to be an obvious one, although it is not one that has ever really materialised until now, outside of m.c. KZ’s participation in King of Trios 2008 and a Dragon Gate vs. CHIKARA trios match on a Full Impact Pro card a year or two ago. CHIKARA’s roots are highly based around the type of wrestling that also influenced Toryumon and later Dragon Gate, as both companies have utilised high-flying and stylish pro wrestling as well as slightly zany gimmicks and a significant emphasis on “generations” and students. Not only that, but one pivotal figure in this relationship is the legendary Jorge “Skayde” Rivera. Skayde has worked for both promotions in his long career, but more importantly, he’s trained arguably the two “talismans” of Dragon Gate and CHIKARA: CIMA and Mike Quackenbush, among others. That link appears to have brought the two groups together. Both sides have commented on this breakthrough in the complete DGUSA feature article, with both Quackenbush and Sapolsky sounding extremely positive.

From a fan standpoint, this can only be a positive thing. Not only does this answer any questions about which American independent wrestlers will be used on DGUSA cards, but it will also benefit CHIKARA and the wrestlers greatly by giving them a chance to wrestle with or even just on the same card as some of the best wrestlers on the planet. This agreement brings together two of the more consistently entertaining and growing wrestling promotions around today, which can never be a bad thing.

CHIKARA will be sending 8 wrestlers to the Dragon Gate USA debut show on July 25th and they will all be participating in an 8-man tag team match. The participants will be announced in due time on the Dragon Gate USA website (which has now been added to the sidebar, along with Jae’s dgusa fan-site) and on the official CHIKARA website, which of course will all be summarised here at CHIKARAFans.com! Also stated on the DGUSA website is that CHIKARA will be involved in the Labor Day weekend event in Chicago, Illinois, so this relationship will not just be limited to the North-East.

- Dragon Gate USA Debut Show
    July 25, 2009 ~ The Arena, Philadelphia, PA
    1. CHIKARA Showcase Match: X, X, X & X vs. X, X, X & X

Also scheduled to appear: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, CIMA, Dragon Kid and many more!
    Last edited by Bon; 04-26-2009 at 07:08 PM.

This is great news. DGUSA is going to be such a great diverse company. The firing of Gabe last year is starting to change the entire landscape of indy wrestling. If ROH isn't careful, they're going to lose some serious fans.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    If ROH isn't careful, they're going to lose some serious fans.
    I think it's a bit late for that.

WAKE UP

Status

Eh, it could have some good stuff but honestly I expect more bad than good.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I didn't think ROH should be worried about DGUSA, but now there's somewhat a reason. They're lucky this new promotion is only running like 6 times a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information