View Poll Results: Who was the better heel?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Austin

2 15.38%
  • Ric Flair

11 84.62%

Thread: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Austin vs Ric Flair

WAKE UP

Status

Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Austin vs Ric Flair

Austin was mostly heel in ECW and WCW, then heel for a long tim ein the WWF before he took off as a face, then once again turned heel during 2001. Flair was heel all across the territory days in the 80's and for most of the time in WCW, then for the time he was in Evolution in the WWE.

Stone Cold or Naitch?

King of New York

Status

Re: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Austin vs Ric Flair

This isn't even close......Flair as a Heel could very well win this tournament alone since he was the one that created the rich, egotistical, heel that had the mic skills to stand out where as Austin as the ringmaster could never really get over till he worked as Stone Cold and even then, the crowd wanted him to turn face. Flair wins easily.

Click As Well

WAKE UP

Status

Are you shitting me? Flair go an unbeleivably amount of face heat for YEARS. Hell, the only time he wasn't getting face heat was the early 80's. Look at the chops for one thing, the crowds pop for them and they are seen as a face spot.

Austin got a lot of face heat in the WWE but his WCW heel work in the Dangerous Alliance and in ECW were better than pretty much anything Flair did heel-wise over the last 15 years.

I can't say either one has gotten good heel heat for over a decade at least. However, you need to go back to Flair's WWF run to see him treated as a heel by the fans. For Austin, I suppose it's either ECW or WCW. However, in WCW, Austin was one of the best heels they had in the first half of the 90's.

If you're just comparing both man's careers, Austin has gotten the wrong kind of reaction for the least amount of time.

Status

Doesn't Flair's work in the 80s as a great heel count?

WAKE UP

Status

It does, but when you take into account how face-ish he was through the late 80's onwards as well as Austin's work as a heel (which usually gets severely overlooked) I would give it to Austin. It is close I have to say, though I don't think either man will/should go too far in this.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Before their ever was The Limousine Ridin, Jet Flyin, Kiss Stealin, Wealin Dealin Son of a Gun, there was Space Mountain and him flaunting how great he was, was amazing. I give it to Flair.

Status

When I think of Flair as a heel, I think of how many young guys he helped to get over, guys like Windham, Luger, and Sting. Not to say they wouldn't have been anything without him, but to me that's a great heel - not only make the crowd hate you, but help make your opponent be credible as the beloved babyface.

Thread Information