Thread: Bison = ROH World Champion

Bison = ROH World Champion

Perhaps I am just jumping to conclusions on the smallest of things, but I can't get over all of these little signs that ROH has huge plans for Bison Smith. With the year having at least two more champions (My prediction, of course), I easily see Bison getting in a short reign. In fact, I would not be surprised if Bison defeats Jerry Lynn for the title on the way to Tyler Black finally winning it later on in the year. Below are some of the signs I've noticed that could spell Bison being ROH Champion:

• Bryan Danielson feud - Adam Pearce could have booked Bison against anyone in his first feud. A feud against someone of less stature would have been more predictable. Not to mention, their very first match, Danielson wins by count-out. Having Danielson win in such a way leads me to believe that Bison will be raking in some wins against AmDrag.

• The Embassy - With Prince Nana back, it seemed natural to create a new Embassy. However, Bison is having the Embassy be created all around him. Even with Jimmy Rave back, it looks as if the Embassy has a new Crown Jewel.

• Nana's interview - Thus far in the TV show, they have yet to showcase anyone who doesn't have a match (I have yet to watch ep 3, so things may have changed). While major names like Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and Chris Hero have yet to even be mentioned (As of the second episode), Nana gets a chance to talk about Bison with Kyle Durden.

• ROH on HDNet Intro Video - This may not seem like a big deal, but I couldn't help noticing how often Bison was shown on the video. More noticeable was that he was the last image shown on the intro. There was a time in which companies would show their top guy at the end of their intro. You can go back and watch old SNME's and at the end of every single intro was the World Champion. Meanwhile, I had troubles just finding Nigel McGuinness once in the video.

While he may not be a popular choice, for the above reasons, I feel as if Bison Smith is a future ROH World Champion.

King of New York

Status

Re: Bison = ROH World Champion

I'm sure he would be a better champ than Lynn at the moment but from your assertions Jim, does he even deserve it this soon? I can think that once he kills of Danielson (If he doesn't resign by May) that he is the next logical choice to take the belt from Lynn if Tyler doesn't first then Tyler takes down the much larger Bison and it means more in the long run to Tylers all-to-important title victory. The True question is though will the fans accept Bison as a champ and does he even deserve it?

Click As Well

It's less about deserving and more about what he can bring to the table. Everything that happens with the ROH title needs to have Tyler Black in it's mind. Who would Black beat mean the most to the title win and the eventual title reign? They could easily keep building Bison up by plowing through Danielson, Jerry Lynn and one other guy for his first title feud (Someone like Strong perhaps?) By time the actual feud between Bison and Black occurs, Bison would be seen as an unbeatable monster.

The truth is, I can't really think of anyone else who would give Black that big win, similarly to Nigel beating Morishima. I know a lot of people would of rather seen Black beat Nigel before he had his surgery, but what would that have really done? Congrats, you won the title from a guy with two fucked up arms. Bison would be that strength.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    I'm sure he would be a better champ than Lynn at the moment but from your assertions Jim, does he even deserve it this soon? I can think that once he kills of Danielson (If he doesn't resign by May) that he is the next logical choice to take the belt from Lynn if Tyler doesn't first then Tyler takes down the much larger Bison and it means more in the long run to Tylers all-to-important title victory. The True question is though will the fans accept Bison as a champ and does he even deserve it?

I object to Lynn being champ just as much as the next guy, but even I know that's total nonsense. Bison may be getting pushed hard, but I believe this is only to help the Embassy look like a dominant force in it's return. If Bison gets the title, I think that'd be 10 times worse than Lynn, simply because he has yet to show anything special in the ring, the guy's actions are laughable (WHO'S THE MAN?! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!), and from all reports I've read his first match with Dragon was terrible. And well, if you can't have a good match with Dragon...

I know these are just reasons why he shouldn't be the champion, but I still think it's not going to happen. At the most, I can see him losing to Dragon in the feud, but still coming off looking like an absolute monster. Then maybe he'll challenge Tyler for the title a couple times, taking him to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status

Havent seen any of his ROH work yet, so I won't comment on that (though he is horrible in NOAH). I can see them giving him the title at some point (sadly). The fued with Dragon is probably the biggest way to debut someone since Joe's debut against Ki in 2002. I could easily see him as the top heel, he certainly has the look and the heel assets (The Embassy). He has the look and personality that would be alot more appealing to a mainstream audience which is what they are going for, than most of the guys on the roster.

Seriously, fuck that though.

Thread Information