View Poll Results: Who was the better heel?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Corino

7 77.78%
  • Andre The Giant

2 22.22%

Thread: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Corino vs Andre The Giant

WAKE UP

Status

Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Corino vs Andre The Giant

Corino was top dog in ECW's later days and is arguably the biggest indy-level heel ever. Andre main evented the biggest US wrestling event ever as a heel.

Quite the contrast, but who was the superior heel?

Re: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Steve Corino vs Andre The Giant

Eh, Andre was a face for most of his career. His time as a heel was Bobby Heenan getting the heat while Andre just threw around faces instead of heels. Corino easily.

King of New York

Status

Andre was a likeable guy and really was a face in a heel's role. He could speak to well because he was french and due to his massive size, could effectively get over without the work of Heenan. Corino gets the nod for me also.

Click As Well

The Main Event Maker

Status

Corino claimed to be "The King of the Old School" by taking a gimmick that originated with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, the Original "Legend Killer" [Watch some promos he had when in a feud with Sammartino, he had a black t-shirt with the words "Legend Killer" on it.] and progressed with Randy Orton. He thought he was better than those who paved the path for him.

Meanwhile, I remember watching WrestleMania III with my ex-girlfriend. She cheered for Andre and booed Hogan, because Andre was Fezzik in The Princess Bride. Seriously, only Andre could be the most beloved movie character and hated professional wrestler in the same year. Albeit, I was like 2 and a half at the time, but Andre ripped off the crucifix, made Hogan bleed and ripped the holy yellow & red t-shirt of Hulk Hogan. That is downright kayfabe sacrelige (?). Andre gets the minor nod, but only because he was Fezzik. Otherwise, he would be the bigger heel and not just in size.

Thread Information