• Mick Foley

4 44.44%
  • The Hammer

5 55.56%

Thread: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Mick Foley vs Greg Valentine

WAKE UP

Status

Best Heel Ever Tournament: Mick Foley vs Greg Valentine

Foley was heel through his WCW and ECW careers, then at the start of his WWF run, then had a short but memorable stint when ECW came back around in 2006. Valentine was a heel throughout his career spanning from the 70's to the 90's.

Is Valentine's longevity enough to overcome Foley's more famous heelwork?

Re: Best Heel Ever Tournament: Mick Foley vs Greg Valentine

Ehh...I never really dug Foley as a heel. He was just too sympathetic to really be hated. That's also why he kept being turned face by the fans. Valentine on the other hand was one of the better heels of the 80's. Valentine gets the easy vote.

WAKE UP

Status

I dunno, Foley was able to get hated by a smark crowd which is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    I dunno, Foley was able to get hated by a smark crowd which is pretty impressive.
    By proclaiming his love for Eric Bischoff. The fucking Pope would of been booed in the ECW arena had he did the same thing. Valentine was just more of a traditional heel. Foley in ECW used cheap heat to make people hate him. It's smart for sure, but I don't think it's quite as impressive as having people actually hate your character for who you are.

WAKE UP

Status

Heat is heat, Foley knew how to work smarks. What stuff has Valentine done that would top, say, the Cane Dewey promo or Foley's 2006 tirades?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    Heat is heat, Foley knew how to work smarks. What stuff has Valentine done that would top, say, the Cane Dewey promo or Foley's 2006 tirades?
    Remain a heel for just about his entire career without fans cheering for him?

WAKE UP

Status

But you could also argue Foley's best heelwork was better than Valentine's. Still havent voted yet but it's a tough longevity vs highlights sort of bracket.

Idk, I think it's far more impressive that you can remain hated for such a long time. Up until Valentine briefly left the WWE in late 1987 and then was treated poorly when he returned, he was one of the biggest heels the WWE had.

King of New York

Status

Valentine was one of the better tradition Heel's in the early to mid 80's to to me, Foley could have gone either way but Foley was able to turn a crowd on him in a heart beat because he knew how the crowd thought. Not to say Valentine didn't either because he knew his psychology well also but for Foley's sake, he just couldn't stay Heel long enough for me to give him the vote, it's going to Valentine.

Click As Well

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Oh come on. Foley was, is and always will be one of the greatest mic workers of all time. And besides his classic cheap pops, Foley was always a natural Heel. Even now, the guy gets me pumped up and ready for a fight. I don't know, it's just the intensity that he speaks in. I give this to Foley, definitely.

Thread Information