Thread: Wrestlemania 25: Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper/Jimmy Snuka/Ricky Steamboat

World Champion

Status

Wrestlemania 25: Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper/Jimmy Snuka/Ricky Steamboat

Discussion Thread

At the inaugural WrestleMania, WWE Legends “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat & Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka helped shape WrestleMania into what it is today.
    It seems fitting then, that these legendary Superstars, along with fellow WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair in their corner, will return to The Grandest Stage of Them All for the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania to maintain the honor of themselves and those Superstars who came before them against an out-of-control and arrogant Chris Jericho.
    For his part, the only thing legendary about Jericho recently has been his self-importance. With an out-sized ego to feed, the conceited Superstar began railing against his legendary predecessors months ago after watching Mickey Rourke’s Oscar-nominated performance in The Wrestler, a film that celebrates the heroics of a comeback.
    Not only has Jericho insulted and attacked some of the most esteemed names in WWE during his massive ego trip, he also took a detour to Hollywood. Jericho offered a front row seat at WrestleMania to Rourke, a friend of the Legends, to better view the ensuing carnage. But just who will emerge intact after the dust has settled?
    Snuka, Piper, Steamboat and Flair have captured more than two dozen championships between them, offered up unforgettable efforts in the ring and been admired by millions of people throughout the world.
    So, just who does Chris Jericho think he is?
    Well, for starters, he’s a former WWE Champion, two-time World Heavyweight Champion and reigning Slammy Award-winning Superstar of the Year. And while it may sting a little to sing the praises of a man who eagerly belts out his own, there’s no arguing that his accomplishments are plentiful.
    Can he really hope, though, to overcome the esteemed WWE Legends that await him at WrestleMania? And if Jericho does manage to emerge from the match, what are his plans for Rourke?
    Find out at the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, live on pay-per-view, April 5.

Last edited by Mikk; 03-26-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Wrestlemania 25: Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper/Jimmy Snuka/Ricky Steamboat

Nice odds. I think the Legends will pull some cheesy victory, but I want Jericho to win.

Main Eventer

Status

Got ten on legends.

I'm right, You're wrong!

Status

I was hoping for a better match for Jericho. This doesn't really interest me at all. Snuka can barely move, Pipper is just a kick and punch guy and Steamboat has a bad neck so he can't do what he use to. I think it will end badly overall.

The Kid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Got ten on legends.
    Same

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

10 points on Y2J.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I'm shocked so many have bet on Jericho... I can't see how he's gonna win, the build suggests nothing else but a victory for the legends.

Thread Information