Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Nigel's Health

  1. #1
    Indy Talent

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    13

    Nigel's Health

    It appears Nigels reign has had serious affects on his body, specifically his bicep. I believe he injured it the show before the 7th anniversary. Many people think he wouldn't even last against KENTA, but managed to put on a great match the anniversary show.

    People have to wonder though, how many more matches does he have until he has to opt for surgery? Many people think that the title will be dropped to Jerry Lynn in Houston at the 4/3 show.

    Personally, I do not want Jerry Lynn as the champion. Yes, I think he fits well in ROH and has had some good matches. But I dont think he is up for the physical demands of being the ROH Champion, even for a short reign.

    I would love to see a tournament for the title, even though I know it wont happen.

    Your thoughts/predictions on this matter?
    Last edited by Bon; 03-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,960
    Rep Power
    843928

    Re: Nigels Health

    Lynn will win at Supercard of Honor IV and I will riot.

    If Pearce was smart he's have London return and win it.

  3. #3
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,779
    Rep Power
    770513

    Re: Nigels Health

    If Nigel can gut it out for long enough to defeat Lynn in a shocking win, then lose to Tyler cashing in his MITB-ish title shot the next night, I'll be very very happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  4. #4
    Sand in the potato salad.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown.
    Posts
    6,817
    Rep Power
    473

    Re: Nigels Health

    Nigel tore both of his biceps. From what I understand he's getting surgery after the Texas shows..so Jerry Lynn is winning it. Ugh, just ugh.
    Hopefully Black or Rave and Cabana or Jacobs or fuck..ANYONE win it from Lynn soon after he wins.





  5. #5
    Covered in Blood

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hogsmeade
    Posts
    4,663
    Rep Power
    74
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Nigel's Health

    I have no problem with Lynn winning it. ROH needs a transitional champion at this point. Hopefully Nigel will be alright. He was hurting really bad back at the Cleveland show, and that was back in AUGUST. So fuck, major props to Nigel.


  6. #6
    King of New York

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Huntington, New York
    Posts
    4,116
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Nigel's Health

    When you think of Nigel's title reign, it was just another layer of legacy that was built to put more of a historic happenstance on that belt. Nigel I think was very credible in putting his name with the likes of Samoa Joe and even Danielson's reigns with the way he's carried himself. He did a fantastic job and I don't think anybody can take that away from him. I want Nigel to get the surgery so he can come back like a million bucks and win it back from whoever is holding it. Probably Lynn will win it but I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry put on some spirited bouts with Dragon or Steen or Tyler before Lynn coughs up the belt and ultimately ends his wrestling run. In this transition, it's all about really letting the older veteran in Lynn to set up the new champion and the younger champ who is deserving of that spot. With the current crop of the Roster I'd be cool with seeing Tyler Black hold it or even Davey Richards or even Danielson once again. Build up the Pretty Boy Pitbulls and you've got right there another team that can hang with Stennerico. So while the draw of being without Nigel hurts in the short term, you have a balanced plan of what can occure in the long run and help out the product more because Lynn will be the next Champion.


    Click As Well

  7. #7
    Tommy Got Hacked
    Guest

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

  8. #8
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,779
    Rep Power
    770513

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    So wait... ROH is going to have their first ever transitional Champion?

    Would seem weird to me if Jerry Lynn won the title.
    Homicide and Gibson come to mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  9. #9
    Tommy Got Hacked
    Guest

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

  10. #10

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    Ok first since I started taking an interest. The fact that there have only been 8 (?) champions made me think that everybody has held it for quite a long time, but I thought somebody with more knowledge of the product might correct me. I'm used to seeing ROH Champions hold the belt for ages.
    Nah, the Low-Ki's title reign was nothing more than a reign to add legitimacy to the title since Ki was easily the MVP of the pre-ROH title days. He lost it in just his second defense against the worst ROH Champion ever. But like Marketh said, Gibson was easily a transitional champion as was Homicide. However, with Homicide, he was supposed to hold on to it a little longer so that he could drop it back to Danielson.

  11. #11
    Tommy Got Hacked
    Guest

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

  12. #12

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    How long has Nigel actually been Champion? Seems like forever.
    Well he won the belt in October.

  13. #13
    Indy Talent

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    Well he won the belt in October.
    of 2007.

  14. #14

    Re: Nigel's Health

    I assumed it was obvious he's been champion longer than 6 months.

  15. #15
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32,960
    Rep Power
    843928

    Re: Nigel's Health

    The correct anser is.... "Too long ago".

  16. #16
    Indy Talent

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    I assumed it was obvious he's been champion longer than 6 months.
    I know, but someone else not knowing may have thought 6 months ago

    On today's newswire, he has been booked to a 4 corner survival at the 4/4 show. Its amazing, and quiet odd, that he will be wrestling two nights in a row. Plus RoH seemed to add emphasis on ROH title vs. NWA Title as Blue Demon will also be in the match.

    Could this be hope that Lynn will not be winning the belt at 4/3?

  17. #17
    FKA RaiZ-R

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22,102
    Rep Power
    188618

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    If Pearce was smart he's have London return and win it.
    Is London going back. I'm very much out of the loop on these things, but would love London to return to ROH and have a title run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crest Fall View Post
    I have no problem with Lynn winning it. ROH needs a transitional champion at this point. Hopefully Nigel will be alright. He was hurting really bad back at the Cleveland show, and that was back in AUGUST. So fuck, major props to Nigel.
    No! No props to Nigel. I get that he has to earn a living but seriously, what he's doing is significantly shortening his own career. He's a tough guy and a great wrestler and I respect him massively, but his injuries are serious and he should treat them as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    When you think of Nigel's title reign, it was just another layer of legacy that was built to put more of a historic happenstance on that belt. Nigel I think was very credible in putting his name with the likes of Samoa Joe and even Danielson's reigns with the way he's carried himself. He did a fantastic job and I don't think anybody can take that away from him. I want Nigel to get the surgery so he can come back like a million bucks and win it back from whoever is holding it. Probably Lynn will win it but I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry put on some spirited bouts with Dragon or Steen or Tyler before Lynn coughs up the belt and ultimately ends his wrestling run. In this transition, it's all about really letting the older veteran in Lynn to set up the new champion and the younger champ who is deserving of that spot. With the current crop of the Roster I'd be cool with seeing Tyler Black hold it or even Davey Richards or even Danielson once again. Build up the Pretty Boy Pitbulls and you've got right there another team that can hang with Stennerico. So while the draw of being without Nigel hurts in the short term, you have a balanced plan of what can occure in the long run and help out the product more because Lynn will be the next Champion.
    This. Very much this. Lynn may not have the ability to carry the company anymore for any real length of time, but to the majority of ROH fans his name means something. I've not seen ROH for a long while now, but if Lynn dropped the title to a promising up and comer such as Black or Jacobs, it would legitmise them immediately. I also think it's about time Aries got another reign. The guy has proven his worth and loyalty to the company, and it's about time for someone to be a two time champion I reckon.

  18. #18
    Indy Talent

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Well, this sucks. He is suppose to come to a 2CW show here in Syracuse on April 11th.

    If both of his biceps are torn, i don't see how he can compete, esp. for a small indy group.

  19. #19
    Curtain Jerker

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Nigel's Health

    Lynn should get the title and hold it for at least 3-4 months. Then drop it to Tyler, let him carry it for say a month...get his feet wet, then put it on the line in an hour long Iron Man 4 way ala "Crowning a Champion" with him against Aries, Jacobs, & Delirious "Yes Seriously"; with Aries coming out with the win. With Aries as champ, it would revitalize both his personal interest to the watching public and interest in the company as a whole. Also you can have anyone chase him, as I've always felt he has that "HBKAbility" to put on a classic with anyone at any given moment.

  20. #20
    Last Real Man Hype
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    18,779
    Rep Power
    770513

    Re: Nigel's Health

    No offense, but all that is a terrible idea, imo. If Nigel drops the title to Tyler, that way the young guy gets put over huge having beaten the man who's dominated for more than a year. Lynn could come close to winning it from Tyler, but that should be it. As for Aries, he doesn't need the title anymore and he's already at his most interesting since the last time he won the belt with his new "greatest man who ever lived" gimmick.

    And it'll take one hell of a winning streak for Delirious to rightfully get in the title picture, having lost just about every match he's been in since the second half of 08.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •