Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nigel's Health

Indy Talent

Status

Nigel's Health

It appears Nigels reign has had serious affects on his body, specifically his bicep. I believe he injured it the show before the 7th anniversary. Many people think he wouldn't even last against KENTA, but managed to put on a great match the anniversary show.

People have to wonder though, how many more matches does he have until he has to opt for surgery? Many people think that the title will be dropped to Jerry Lynn in Houston at the 4/3 show.

Personally, I do not want Jerry Lynn as the champion. Yes, I think he fits well in ROH and has had some good matches. But I dont think he is up for the physical demands of being the ROH Champion, even for a short reign.

I would love to see a tournament for the title, even though I know it wont happen.

Your thoughts/predictions on this matter?
    Last edited by Bon; 03-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Nigels Health

Lynn will win at Supercard of Honor IV and I will riot.

If Pearce was smart he's have London return and win it.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

If Nigel can gut it out for long enough to defeat Lynn in a shocking win, then lose to Tyler cashing in his MITB-ish title shot the next night, I'll be very very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Nigel tore both of his biceps. From what I understand he's getting surgery after the Texas shows..so Jerry Lynn is winning it. Ugh, just ugh.
    Hopefully Black or Rave and Cabana or Jacobs or fuck..ANYONE win it from Lynn soon after he wins.

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Nigel's Health

I have no problem with Lynn winning it. ROH needs a transitional champion at this point. Hopefully Nigel will be alright. He was hurting really bad back at the Cleveland show, and that was back in AUGUST. So fuck, major props to Nigel.

King of New York

Status

When you think of Nigel's title reign, it was just another layer of legacy that was built to put more of a historic happenstance on that belt. Nigel I think was very credible in putting his name with the likes of Samoa Joe and even Danielson's reigns with the way he's carried himself. He did a fantastic job and I don't think anybody can take that away from him. I want Nigel to get the surgery so he can come back like a million bucks and win it back from whoever is holding it. Probably Lynn will win it but I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry put on some spirited bouts with Dragon or Steen or Tyler before Lynn coughs up the belt and ultimately ends his wrestling run. In this transition, it's all about really letting the older veteran in Lynn to set up the new champion and the younger champ who is deserving of that spot. With the current crop of the Roster I'd be cool with seeing Tyler Black hold it or even Davey Richards or even Danielson once again. Build up the Pretty Boy Pitbulls and you've got right there another team that can hang with Stennerico. So while the draw of being without Nigel hurts in the short term, you have a balanced plan of what can occure in the long run and help out the product more because Lynn will be the next Champion.

Click As Well

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    So wait... ROH is going to have their first ever transitional Champion?

Would seem weird to me if Jerry Lynn won the title.
    Homicide and Gibson come to mind.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tommy Got Hacked

Ok first since I started taking an interest. The fact that there have only been 8 (?) champions made me think that everybody has held it for quite a long time, but I thought somebody with more knowledge of the product might correct me. I'm used to seeing ROH Champions hold the belt for ages.
    Nah, the Low-Ki's title reign was nothing more than a reign to add legitimacy to the title since Ki was easily the MVP of the pre-ROH title days. He lost it in just his second defense against the worst ROH Champion ever. But like Marketh said, Gibson was easily a transitional champion as was Homicide. However, with Homicide, he was supposed to hold on to it a little longer so that he could drop it back to Danielson.

Tommy Got Hacked

How long has Nigel actually been Champion? Seems like forever.
    Well he won the belt in October.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    Well he won the belt in October.
    of 2007.

I assumed it was obvious he's been champion longer than 6 months.

WAKE UP

Status

The correct anser is.... "Too long ago".

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    I assumed it was obvious he's been champion longer than 6 months.
    I know, but someone else not knowing may have thought 6 months ago

On today's newswire, he has been booked to a 4 corner survival at the 4/4 show. Its amazing, and quiet odd, that he will be wrestling two nights in a row. Plus RoH seemed to add emphasis on ROH title vs. NWA Title as Blue Demon will also be in the match.

Could this be hope that Lynn will not be winning the belt at 4/3?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    If Pearce was smart he's have London return and win it.
    Is London going back. I'm very much out of the loop on these things, but would love London to return to ROH and have a title run.

Quote Originally Posted by Crest Fall View Post
    I have no problem with Lynn winning it. ROH needs a transitional champion at this point. Hopefully Nigel will be alright. He was hurting really bad back at the Cleveland show, and that was back in AUGUST. So fuck, major props to Nigel.
    No! No props to Nigel. I get that he has to earn a living but seriously, what he's doing is significantly shortening his own career. He's a tough guy and a great wrestler and I respect him massively, but his injuries are serious and he should treat them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    When you think of Nigel's title reign, it was just another layer of legacy that was built to put more of a historic happenstance on that belt. Nigel I think was very credible in putting his name with the likes of Samoa Joe and even Danielson's reigns with the way he's carried himself. He did a fantastic job and I don't think anybody can take that away from him. I want Nigel to get the surgery so he can come back like a million bucks and win it back from whoever is holding it. Probably Lynn will win it but I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry put on some spirited bouts with Dragon or Steen or Tyler before Lynn coughs up the belt and ultimately ends his wrestling run. In this transition, it's all about really letting the older veteran in Lynn to set up the new champion and the younger champ who is deserving of that spot. With the current crop of the Roster I'd be cool with seeing Tyler Black hold it or even Davey Richards or even Danielson once again. Build up the Pretty Boy Pitbulls and you've got right there another team that can hang with Stennerico. So while the draw of being without Nigel hurts in the short term, you have a balanced plan of what can occure in the long run and help out the product more because Lynn will be the next Champion.
    This. Very much this. Lynn may not have the ability to carry the company anymore for any real length of time, but to the majority of ROH fans his name means something. I've not seen ROH for a long while now, but if Lynn dropped the title to a promising up and comer such as Black or Jacobs, it would legitmise them immediately. I also think it's about time Aries got another reign. The guy has proven his worth and loyalty to the company, and it's about time for someone to be a two time champion I reckon.

Indy Talent

Status

Well, this sucks. He is suppose to come to a 2CW show here in Syracuse on April 11th.

If both of his biceps are torn, i don't see how he can compete, esp. for a small indy group.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Lynn should get the title and hold it for at least 3-4 months. Then drop it to Tyler, let him carry it for say a month...get his feet wet, then put it on the line in an hour long Iron Man 4 way ala "Crowning a Champion" with him against Aries, Jacobs, & Delirious "Yes Seriously"; with Aries coming out with the win. With Aries as champ, it would revitalize both his personal interest to the watching public and interest in the company as a whole. Also you can have anyone chase him, as I've always felt he has that "HBKAbility" to put on a classic with anyone at any given moment.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

No offense, but all that is a terrible idea, imo. If Nigel drops the title to Tyler, that way the young guy gets put over huge having beaten the man who's dominated for more than a year. Lynn could come close to winning it from Tyler, but that should be it. As for Aries, he doesn't need the title anymore and he's already at his most interesting since the last time he won the belt with his new "greatest man who ever lived" gimmick.

And it'll take one hell of a winning streak for Delirious to rightfully get in the title picture, having lost just about every match he's been in since the second half of 08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information