Thread: Michael Jackson announces O2 dates

God

Status

Michael Jackson announces O2 dates

Personally, i think he'll cancel them before the time comes.

Thousands of Michael Jackson fans converged in the O2 Arena to witness the 'King of Pop’ himself announce his summer residency at the Docklands venue this summer. Due on at 4:00pm, the legend kept the worlds press and fans waiting until 5:30pm.

Presented by Dermot O Leary, who came on to introduce the 50 year old star, started by playing a video montage titled, 'The King of Pop Returns’. The video which beamed across the concourse of the former Millennium Dome showed clips of live gigs and fans crying while the star sang classic hits such as 'Beat it’, 'Billie Jean’ and 'Smooth Criminal’, before ending with his classic moonwalk and a shot of the Millennium Dome.

When the man himself finally arrived on stage clad in black jacket and black sunglasses, the crowd held their breath as he made his way to the microphone.

He said: "Thank you. This is it. These will be my final ever shows in London. This is it means, this is it. I’ll be performing my songs the fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call, and I'll see you in July. I love you from the bottom of my heart."

He then blew kisses to the crowd and made a peace sign into the air before walking off stage.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Michael Jackson announces O2 dates

Whoa, done in London this summer?

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I'm pretty sure that's just the final shows he intends to do in the UK Ken.

I'd fucking love to see him live, but I just think everyone there will be a bunch of weirdos, plus he's totally past it.

I still love him though.

lol @ him saying "this is it!" so many times.

And he scores goals...!

Rising Above...

Status

Well his shows back in the day were phenominal. My mum went to see him, and she said it was the best show she'd ever seen. Personally I doubt his shows this coming summer will be anything like the ones he did back in the 90s.

As God suggested, I also don't think he'll play all of the dates, but then I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC.co.uk

Michael Jackson will now play 50 dates at London's O2 arena, continuing his farewell residency well into 2010.

The 50-year-old has added new shows throughout the first two months of the year, ending on 24 February.

Some 360,000 pre-sale tickets have been sold so far and if all 50 dates sell out, Jackson will have sold a million seats for the run of shows.

Organisers say the This Is It tour has become the fastest selling in history, with 33 seats sold each minute.

Jackson is said to be "thrilled" by the response.

Randy Phillips of promoters AEG Live said: "Not only are these concerts unparalleled, these records will never be broken.

"We knew this was show business history, but this is a cultural phenomenon."

50 dates! The guy really does need the money! There's no way he'll complete it.

Thread Information