Not the first time i've heard of Borrell being a diva of sorts.

ANDY BURROWS has quit Razorlight after a huge bust-up with Johnny Borrell.

The drummer - who co-wrote the rockers' biggest hit 'America' - reportedly decided to leave the group after growing tired of the frontman's diva antics during a recent promotional trip to the US.

A source said: "Andy has had enough of Johnny. They've always had a turbulent relationship - not least over who was behind their number one single 'America'.

"But it was this recent trip to the States that brought everything to a head. Andy is fed up with what he views as prima donna behaviour and told him he didn't want anything to do with him anymore."

The pair have always had a volatile relationship and even had a brawl in a London bar following the Vodafone Live Music Awards in 2006.

The source told the Sun newspaper: "Johnny likes to think he is the driving force behind Razorlight's success but Andy doesn't see it that way. He feels he never gets the recognition he deserves and is the only one in the band who will stand up to Johnny.

"He gets really embarrassed when he thinks Johnny is acting up and tells him as much. Johnny doesn't appreciate the criticism."

But today, both Borrell and Burrows played down any acrimony behind his departure.

Borrell said: "Over the last two albums and five years Andy has been an integral part of Razorlight and we will miss him.

"From the day he walked into our rehearsal studio it was obvious that he was an amazing drummer and he's contributed on many levels beyond that.

"He's been a great player and a great friend and I think we'll both always be proud of the music we've made together."

Burrows, who joined the band in 2004 following the departure of Christian Smith-Pancorvo, added: "The past five years in Razorlight have been an amazing experience.

"I am very proud of everything that we have achieved together, but for personal reasons I have decided to leave the band.

I will be pursuing other musical ventures."

David 'Skully' Sullivan-Kaplan - who drummed for the band at a concert in Wolverhampton earlier this week - will replace Andy.