Thread: Adrenaline Rush E4 - February 25th 2009 - Live from Detroit, MI

God

Status

Adrenaline Rush E4 - February 25th 2009 - Live from Detroit, MI

We open CWA Adrenaline Rush live from Detroit, MI with a recap video from the Uprising Pay per View event. The main features are Dr. Jack Adams becoming CWA Lightweight Champion and Roberto becoming the first ever CWA Heavyweight Champion in an epic main event. The video ends with Roberto standing in the ring with his newly won title belt held high above his head.

From a video feed of Roberto to a live feed of Roberto as we see the new champion arriving at Adrenaline Rush ahead of his celebration ceremony later tonight. Roberto has his CWA Heavyweight Championship belt in one arm, and Precious in the other. It isn’t long before Roberto is mobbed by over eager fans. Roberto disappears into the crowd of people before we see Precious running away from them.

Inside the arena now and our first match is about to get under way.

Lindsay Monahan:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest is your opening contest of the evening. Introducing first, from Long Island, New York, Hawk Bonsen.

Bonsen confidently makes his way down to the ring following his major upset victory at Uprising.

Lindsay Monahan:

And his opponent, he is Top Dog.

Top Dog makes his way to the ring and looks to be in a foul mood. What’s new?

Top Dog vs. Hawk Bonsen

Top Dog takes Bonsen’s head off with a lariat. OK, I may have exaggerated a bit there. Wrestler's don't actually take other wrestler's heads off. What I meant to say was that he knocked his eyes out of their sockets with that one. Punch, caught by Bonsen. He twists Top Dog’s arm around for an arm wringer. A couple elbows from Top Dog, and the hold is released. Top Dog pretty much killed Bonsen dead with a brainbuster. Snap mare on Bonsen sets up a running neck snap by Top Dog. Suplex by Top Dog, no he's setting Bonsen up on the top. He climbs up with him and jumps off with a huge superplex. Irish whip into the ropes by Top Dog. He catches Bonsen on the way back with a spine buster.

Top Dog connects with a discus punch on Bonsen. Drop toehold by Bonsen into a half Boston crab on Top Dog. He continues to work that leg over. Top Dog eventually makes it to the ropes. Clothesline attempt by Top Dog, reversed to a crucifix...no wait Bonsen floats over and drops him with a DDT. Bonsen makes the cover and scores another upset victory.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this match, in 7 minutes 21 seconds, is Hawk Bonsen!

Bonsen celebrates his hard fought victory by climbing each turnbuckle as Top Dog rolls out of the ring embarrassed at being defeated yet again by someone so much smaller than him. Bonsen rolls out of the ring and continues to celebrate back up the ramp and backstage.

Next we see the new CWA Lightweight Champion, Dr. Jack Adams arriving at the arena. Adams steps out of his limo and seems shocked by the huge gathering of fans that have now engulfed Roberto not far from where he is located. Adams reaches back into the limo to pull out his CWA Lightweight Championship. As Adams turns to head into the arena he is met by dozens of fans who seemingly want photos and autographs of the new champion. Adams looks at his watch, knowing full well he has a title defence later tonight to prepare for but decides to sign a few autographs for his fans anyway.

Backstage we see Toxic Rain heading towards the entrance ramp for her CWA in ring debut. Hawk Bonsen is heading in the opposite direction so decides to try his luck.

Bonsen:

Hey, how about you and me get together after the show tonight.

Bonsen is clearly a master at subtlety.

Rain:

How about we do it now?

Toxic Rain leans in to Bonsen before driving her knee into his crotch and sending him to the floor in agony. Can you say not intrested? Rain places her foot on his hip and steps onto him and over him as she heads to the ring for her match.

Lindsay Monahan:

The following contest is scheduled for one fall and has a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, from Ireland, Eoghan O’Neill.

The big Irishman man his way menacingly down to the ring as he looks like he is just going to kill his opponent tonight.

Lindsay Monahan:

And his opponent, making her CWA debut, this is Toxic Rain.

CWA Newcomer Toxic Rain bursts through the entrance tunnel and speeds to the ring eager to get the action underway despite the massive disadvantage she is at in terms of size alone.

Toxic Rain vs. Eoghan O’ Neill

Rain with a running start and absolutely kills O’Neill with a bulldog. She may have broken his nose there. O’Neill tosses Rain over the top to the Canvas. Rain extends her hand to O‘Neill. O’Neill looks confused but decides to accept the handshake and gets kicked square in the nuts. OK, cancel that Girl Scout Awards ceremony for Toxic Rain, she doesn’t play nice if tonight is anything to go by. O’Neill falls through the ropes and to the floor. Rain slides back in to the ring and moves out of danger of being counted out. The ref counts to 10 and O’Neill has been counted out, and that's the match. The winner by count out is Toxic Rain.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner, in 4 minutes, 57 seconds, is Toxic Rain!

Toxic Rain climbs out of the ring and heads to the top of the ramp to celebrate.

Michelle Kelly is standing by backstage with Rich Stone before his upcoming match.

Michelle Kelly: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am standing here with Rich Stone. Rich you have been very outspoken about your current situation in CWA so far, can I have your thoughts?

Rich Stone:

You want my thoughts? Here they are my current situation here has been nothing short of utter crap. No one respects me around here and all I have done is given it around. What do I mean by no respect. Not once have I been giving a match past the opening match. I haven’t faced anyone that should even lace up my boots. Top Dog was the only one that I considered a challenge but I under estimated him and he caught me. If he and I went one more time I guarantee that the outcome will be different. I am the biggest star on this show, and it is about time for me to stop waiting for my spot and I'm going to start taking examples. Hardcore Hell I assure you that it going to be hell on earth for you tonight.

Rich Stone then storms off the interview set and heads to the ring for his match.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest is a special 2 on 1 Handicap match. Introducing first, Devon Jones and Tony Burlom, they are known as Hardcore Hell.

Hardcore Hell make their way to the ring full of confidence despite their humiliating win loss record.

Lindsay Monahan:

And their opponent, from Yonkers, New York, this is Rich Stone.

Talk about confidence, Rich Stone right now is the epitome of confidence as he nonchalantly makes his way to the ring to face two men at the same time.

2 on 1 Handicap Match

Rich Stone vs. Hardcore Hell

Rich Stone locks Devon Jones in a side headlock. Devon Jones bounces him off the ropes to break and connects with a clothesline. Double arm bar submission by Rich Stone on Devon Jones, but Devon Jones gets a foot on the ropes.

Thumb to the Tony Burlom's eyes. Gotta respect Stone for that one. Stone hooks a spinning leg lock...no he's going all the way for a figure four leg lock. Burlom scrambles to the ropes for the quick break. Flying head scissors by Jones on Rich Stone. Devon Jones attempts to choke Stone out. Damn the ref broke it up just when it was getting good. Jones argues with the ref and allows Stone to catch him and land a fisherman suplex. Stone holds on and gets the three count.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner in 2 minutes, 11 seconds, is Rich Stone.

Rich Stone looked like a man on a mission once again tonight as he showed his opponents absolutely no respect and completely destroyed them. After the match, Stone faces the camera and makes a title belt gesture. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what his next intentions are.

We cut backstage and Charles Anderson is studying some notes in his office. Suddenly there's a loud knock at the door.

Charles Anderson: Who is it? I'm busy right now...Come back later.

Clearly not pleased with this answer, Ultimate Pain comes storming through the door, clearly in a foul mood.

Charles Anderson: Oh...it's you.

Ultimate Pain: Well deducted Charlie. I'm going to make this short, and to the point. We both know there were circumstances beyond my control that led to me losing that match at Uprising. Now, if I had been in my normal condition, you know, I know, hell, even Roberto knows, I'd be the first Heavyweight Champion in CWA, and not him.

Charles Anderson: I've a funny feeling I know where this is going.

Ultimate Pain: Well aren't you a clever one. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here where I'm going, but I've decided to...let's say, up the stakes.

Charles Anderson: I'm listening...

Ultimate Pain: I want a rematch with Roberto anytime, any place, and to prove just how serious I am about winning...If I lose I'll retire from an active role in CWA, and simply manage my bro Matt.

Charles Anderson: Surely someone as big-headed as yourself realises, me losing you as a wrestler doesn't interest me?

Ultimate Pain: Well, you better hope I win then.

Pain then marches out of the office, without an answer, before slamming the door on the way out.

We are shown a Live report next from a hospital where Bruce Mollard has been pulled from his usual time keeping duties to give us an update on the condition of “The Figure of Destiny” Vance Johnson following the vicious attack by Shaun Quinn.

Bruce Mollard:

I’m not really sure how to do this, so bear with me. Please.

Bruce Mollard seems to be sweating profusely with the stress and pressure of doing his first live broadcast.

Bruce Mollard:

I have just been talking to one of the doctors here and he has informed me of the condition of Mr. Johnson. Mr. Johnson has suffered a severe concussion and several deep lacerations to the head. Mr. Johnson has taken medical advice and will be out of action for the near future. Mr. Johnson will be released from hospital later this week but has another appointment in two weeks time to allow a check on his progress. Unfortunately, we don’t even have a timetable to even give us an indication of how long Mr. Johnson will be out of action for, but, we at CWA are all hoping for a speedy return to the ring.

Bruce Mollard pauses as he finishes his segment and we go back to Detroit, MI to continue the show.

Lindsay Monahan:

The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a thirty minute time limit. Introducing first, from Canada, representing the Brotherhood, Shaun Quinn.

Shaun Quinn arrogantly makes his way down the ramp with his signature light tubes in hand.

Lindsay Monahan:

And his opponent, from England, this, is Logan V.

Logan’s entrance music plays but there is no sign of the masked man himself. The entrance music stops before restating but with the same results. Left with no alternative, the official informs Lindsay Monahan that Logan has forfeited the match.

Lindsay Monahan:

Your winner, by forfeit, is Shaun Quinn.

Shaun Quinn has been announced the winner but it seems like he wanted to hurt someone tonight and now that chance has been taken away from him. Quinn heads backstage disappointed with having nothing to do tonight.

Roberto's music starts playing and he comes out wearing a new expensive robe filled with diamonds, with the CWA Title proudly draped over his right shoulder, and little Precious over his left one. Confetti and balloons rain down from the ceiling as pyro’s go off. The people are going nuts, no one is sitting down and while making his way down to the ring, Roberto high fives every single fan. Roberto gets in the ring and after climbing all 4 posts and posing with the Title, grabs the mic and stands in the middle of the ring.

Roberto: At Uprising I wrestled Ultimate Pain for the CWA Title and I was victorious. I would like to thank all of you for your support, this Title belongs to all of us. You believed in me and that means the world to me. Without you, I wouldn't be standing here as your Champion.

As the people cheer, Roberto points to his heart and thanks them all.

Roberto: Now I know the road is gonna be tough for me, but I am ready for the challenge. There a lot of guys in the back who want a piece of me (smirks) and who can blame them. You got Rich Stone who's destroying the competition (people start booing). Now I know what you guys are thinking, his competition has been, mmm well how should I put this, below average (laughs)...but non the less, he has beaten that below average competition and I know he wants a shot at this (points to the title). Then you've got Ultimate Pain, and I think he would like a rematch (people start booing again). Now I know what you guys are thinking, I did beat Pain twice already, so then again, he might not want to get in the ring with me ever again (laughs). And how can I forget the man I faced in Chicago, The Figure of Destiny Vance Johnson (people start booing). Me and him fought a war that night and he pushed me to the limit and I’m pretty sure he would like a chance to take this belt away from me.

All of sudden a metal hardcore sound hits the speakers and out comes Nick Corvo the current FTW Champion. Everyone in the arena is stunned and so is Roberto. As he makes his way to the ring with the FTW World Title strapped around his waist, Roberto hands Precious to Lindsay Monahan. Nick Corvo gets in the ring and grabs the mic off Roberto's hand.

Nick Corvo: Hey there Champ, I thought you might want to meet a real Champion (laughs). Serious though, a few weeks ago The Brotherhood invaded FTW and I thought I might return the favour. Now I know you're not part of The Brotherhood, but I don't give a damn. As far as I'm concerned, you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They both stare each other down before Roberto steals the mic back.

Roberto:Hey listen sweet pea, this has been cute and all, but why don’t you take that little $5 belt you call a World Title and run back to your mommy, before I make you an orphan (the crowd bursts into laughter).Serious though, if you get out of my ring now, I'll forget this ever happened.

They stare each other down again, then all of sudden Corvo slaps Roberto. Roberto stands there for a couple of seconds then looks up at Corvo...a smirk creeps across Roberto's face then he slaps Corvo as well. This causes them to brawl. As Roberto is getting the best of his opponent, 2 men come out of the crowd and jump the guard rail. They are the FTW Tag Team Champions Pat Malone and Stu St. Clair. They both attack Roberto from behind and as they are getting ready to lay a beating on him, CWA Security come out and The FTW Superstars all leave the ring and run through the crowd. Roberto tries to go after them, but Security holds him down.

Lindsay Monahan:

The following contest is a Tag Team match, introducing first, representing the Brotherhood, the teaming of Ultimate Pain and the Guardian Devil.

The always confidant Brotherhood make their way casually down to the ring. Pain as usual has his eyes set on the ring whilst Devil, as usual, is playing up to the fans along the way.

Lindsay Monahan:

And their opponents, making their CWA debut, from Mexico, Julio and Jose, they are Los Calavera.

Much like the previous match, the Brotherhood’s opponents are nowhere to be found. The entrance music plays three times before the official once again decides on a forfeit.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, your winners, via forfeit, Ultimate Pain and Guardian Devil, the Brotherhood.

Pain and Devil seem confused as to why their opponents have not shown up. Are the opponents running scared of the Brotherhood?

Looks like we are going to get an answer as we cut straight to Charles W. Anderson backstage in his office. Anderson is having quite a conversation with someone on the phone.

Charles Anderson:

Hello? Logan? Where the hell are you? What? What the hell do you mean you’re on strike? On strike for what?

Anderson pauses as Logan responds to him.

Charles Anderson:

So basically, you want more money? Could you not have come to the show and told me that? Or at least give me notice? Hello? Hello?

It appears Logan has said his piece and hung up on Anderson. With Anderson irate, the last thing he wanted was a knock at the door.

Charles Anderson:

Go away!

Anderson shouts at the door but his demands go unmet as Daren Storm and Axl Storm, collectively known as the Future enter.

Charles Anderson:

Ahh crap. You again. I already told you I would think about your offer, now please leave me alone, I have a lot on my plate tonight.

Daren Storm:

Maybe we can help?

Charles Anderson:

You can help? How the hell can either of you two help me right now? You two have absolutely no experience in running a successful business, why would I listen to you two?

Axl Storm:

Relax man, at least let us try and help.

Charles Anderson:

Fine, if you two can solve all my problems tonight, I’ll give some serious consideration to your previous offer.

Daren Storm:

Alright, what’s the first problem.

Charles Anderson:

Rich Stone wants better competition.

Daren Storm:

Seriously? That’s easy. If he wants competition give him some.

Axl Storm:

Isn’t that Guardian Devil fellow unbeaten? You cant get more competitive than that.

Charles Anderson:

Good point.

Anderson writes something down on a notepad before continuing this bizarre meeting.

Charles Anderson:

Problem number two. Ultimate Pain. He has threatened to retire if he doesn’t win the CWA Heavyweight Championship from Roberto.

Daren Storm:

Better hope he wins then.

Charles Anderson:

How was that of any help?

Axl Storm:

What do you expect? That’s not a problem, that’s an unfortunate situation. Anything else?

Charles Anderson:

Yeah, the biggest one I kept for last. Logan V and Los Calavera have gone on strike.

Daren Storm:

No they haven’t.

Charles Anderson:

Yes, they have. I was just talking to them. They want more money.

Axl Storm:

That’s a cover story. I heard Los Calavera got deported and that’s why Logan didn’t show up.

Charles Anderson:

That better be a joke.

Daren Storm:

That’s what I heard aswell.

Charles Anderson:

Things just keep getting better.

Anderson picks up his phone and starts dialling.

Charles Anderson:

Close the door on your way out.

Daren Storm (To Axl):

Is he not even going to say thanks?

Axl Storm (To Daren):

He’s probably going to say thanks by awarding us the CWA Tag Team Championships at the next show.

Daren Storm:

Good enough for me.

Joey Nicholas strides down the hallway towards the entrance ramp and makes eye contact with Orlando Maxwell to which Orlando hurries over to get a word with him

Orlando Maxwell: Joey, can I get a word from you before you go out to the ring for you‘re match?

Joey Nicholas:

What is it virgin Maxwell!?

Orlando Maxwell: What are your thoughts heading into the main event tonight against Dr. Adams for the Lightweight championship?

Joey Nicholas:

It’s quite simple Orlando, Adams’ transitional reign with my title ends tonight! He only won the championship at Uprising out of pure luck!

Joey Nicholas:

(To the camera)Now Adams, you like everyone else knows lightning doesn’t strike twice and you sure as hell won’t beat me tonight for a second time! Everyone out their in attendance as well as back at home knows for a fact that I am the better man and I, The Real Deal Joey Nicholas will walk out of Detroit as the two-time CWA Lightweight Champion!

Joey Smirks and continues towards the ring.

Michelle Kelly meanwhile has found the champion Dr. Jack Adams.

Michelle Kelly:

Dr. Adams, Dr. Adams, can I get a word from you ahead of your first title defence tonight?

Dr. Jack Adams:

I’m sorry Michelle, but I am way too focused right now to be giving interviews.

Michelle Kelly:

Oh, well, thanks anyway, Good Luck.

Dr. Jack Adams doesn’t respond as he heads to the ring for his first ever title defence.

Before we get to tonight’s Main Event, CWA Owner, Charles W. Anderson appears on the big screen with an important announcement regarding the next match.

Charles Anderson:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my duty to inform everyone in attendance tonight, that the following match has received a late stipulation attachment. Both participants asked for this stipulation and I have approved it. Simply put. There will be no rematch for the loser tonight. If you lose, you go to the bottom of the ladder and have to climb all the way back up and earn yourself another chance. That is all. Enjoy your main event of the evening.

And with that announcement, the main event just got that much more important as one of the two men will be a long way away from getting another shot at what they have worked so hard for, the CWA Lightweight Championship.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest is the Main Event of the evening and is scheduled for one fall and has no time limit. The winner of the match will be crowned the CWA Lightweight Champion. Introducing first, from Los Angelus, CA, he is the former CWA Lightweight Champion and the challenger tonight, he is known as “The Real Deal”, he is Joey Nicholas.

The former champion is not too pleased with being announced as the former champion and the look he gives Lindsay Monahan in the ring lets her know that.

Lindsay Monahan:

And his opponent, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, he is the current, reigning and defending CWA Lightweight Champion, he is known as Dr. Jack Adams.

Adams proudly makes his way to the ring, displaying his newly won CWA Lightweight Championship to everyone including his opponent.

CWA Lightweight Championship

Dr. Jack Adams © vs. Joey Nicholas

Dr. Jack Adams plants Joey Nicholas with a side suplex. Off the ropes, Joey Nicholas catches Dr. Jack Adams on the rebound with a Samoan drop. Sneaking up from behind, Joey Nicholas yanks Dr. Jack Adams's head down and nails an inverted DDT, or a Scorpion Death Drop for all the Sting fans out there. Death Valley Driver by Joey Nicholas. Something tells me they'll still be scraping pieces of Dr. Jack Adams off the canvas later tonight. Dr. Jack Adams counters Joey Nicholas's suplex with a Brainbuster. Scoop and a slam by Dr. Jack Adams on Joey Nicholas. Dr. Jack Adams cinches in a Boston crab on Joey Nicholas. After approximately 45 seconds, Dr. Jack Adams gets bored and releases the hold.

Knee clip by Joey Nicholas on Dr. Jack Adams. You can practically hear the ACL coming apart at the seams. Clothesline by Dr. Jack Adams puts down Joey Nicholas. Joey Nicholas takes Dr. Jack Adams down with a rudimentary body slam.

Joey Nicholas ducks the clothesline and hooks in a full nelson on Dr. Jack Adams...no wait, make that a full nelson slam. Dr. Jack Adams reels off a series of corkscrew arm drags on Joey Nicholas. Snap mare takedown by Dr. Jack Adams. That'll set up a running neck snap by Joey Nicholas. Reminds me of vintage Mr. Perfect. Ah, the glory days.

Dr. Jack Adams appears to have Joey Nicholas hooked for a DDT...but decides to fall forward. Reverse DDT, and a beauty. Dr. Jack Adams catches a running Joey Nicholas for a power slam. Facebuster by Joey Nicholas and he continues to use the knee, driving it into Dr. Jack Adams's face on the canvas. Joey Nicholas catches Dr. Jack Adams flush in the face with a leg lariat.

Dr. Jack Adams catches Joey Nicholas in a bear hug, skip-steps and pivots into a belly-to-belly. Swinging DDT by Joey Nicholas makes Dr. Jack Adams a permanent part of the canvas. Dr. Jack Adams with a quick shot to Joey Nicholas's gut. Rolling fireman's carry slam by Dr. Jack Adams on Joey Nicholas. Claw, perfected by the Von Erich family, is locked onto Joey Nicholas by Dr. Jack Adams. Seeing as all the Von Erich’s are dead, though, Dr. Jack Adams decides to release the hold rather than tempt fate. Joey Nicholas attempts a suplex, blocked, blocked again, shot to Dr. Jack Adams's ribs and he got him up. Front layout suplex by Nicholas. The pin and the three count follow to crown a new CWA Lightweight Champion.

Lindsay Monahan:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this match, and NEW CWA Lightweight Champion, “The Real Deal” Joey Nicholas!

Nicholas celebrates becoming a two time CWA Lightweight Champion by spitting on Adams while he was still down and out. Nicholas climbs to the second turnbuckle and the fans let him have it. Nicholas responds by flipping them off and raising his newly reclaimed CWA Lightweight Championship above his head to end the show.

The Real Rock N' Rolla

Danger Zone

Status

Re: Adrenaline Rush - February 25th 2009 - Live from Detroit, MI

awesome show, cant wait for next week

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm curious to see what happens next with Roberto and FTW
    Damn, I was certain the Adams/Nicholas feud was going to end at In Exile
    Great show as always!

Broadcast Journalist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Paid Laid Made View Post
    I'm curious to see what happens next with Roberto and FTW
    Damn, I was certain the Adams/Nicholas feud was going to end at In Exile
    Great show as always!
    Yeah, I wanted that to keep going as well. Who knows, though? It could pick back up later on...

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Great show God. I like how you didnt center your post, its easier on the eye this way.

Congrats on your win PLM, now I can't wait to read the promos.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Nice show Daren.

I know it's got to be hard to keep your storylines going at the moment, but it's actually leading to some interesting situations right now.

And he scores goals...!

Thread Information