Thread: Download 2009 Official Thread

World Champion

Status

Download 2009 Official Thread

The biggest rock festival in the UK is back. Download Festival will once again be taking place at Donington Park, the spiritual home of all things rock, from June 12th-14th 2009. This year Download will feature the following incredible headline acts, ‘RIP’ camping packages, and much, much more…

Slipknot
    The heavy metal 9-piece will be taking a break from their ‘All Hope Is Gone’ World Tour to play at Download for the third time. Expect more masked mayhem from the controversial headline act.

The Prodigy
    Making their second appearance at Download, The Prodigy will be injecting a dose of fierce electronica and rock-rave beats, promising a performance not to be missed.

MÖTLEY CRÜE
    The last time MÖTLEY CRÜE came to Download they played to a ram-packed tent of screaming fans, throwing out hits such as ‘Girls Girls Girls’ and ‘Dr. Feelgood’. They’ll be back at Download again this year, so get ready for another round of pandemonium from the lavish LA wildcats.

Ko?n
    Playing staggeringly for the fifth at Download, Ko?n have established themselves as a highlight for festivals fans across the globe. Get ready to let Jonathan, Munky and Fieldy rock your tiny socks off one more time.

Pendulum
    2008’s heroes of drum ‘n’ bass / metal mash ups join the fray after a welcoming reception last year from the Download crowd.

DRAGONFORCE
    Having spent the last couple of years edging their way more and more into the public’s consciousness, young power metallers DRAGONFORCE will be inhumanly rampaging at this year’s Download. Expect to hear such tracks as “Through the Fire and the Flames” and “Heroes of Our Time” from the formidable English six-piece.

DEVILDRIVER
    Hailing from Santa Barbara, California, groove metal band DEVILDRIVER will be headlining at Download for the very first time. The last time the band was at Download, they attempted a Guinness world record for the largest circle pit – before the attempt was rejected by Guinness on the grounds that it’s impossible to “define where any circle/mosh pit starts and ends”.
    And as i've found out, only Slipknot so far are a main stage headliner which means 2 more to be announced at some point

Really would like to go now, just a matter of finances.
    Last edited by Mikk; 02-12-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Re: Download 09 First Bands Announced!

Download will never recover from linkin park headlining.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Love Dragonforce, like Slipknot! Wish I lived there!

Sweet Meat

Status

Looks very ftw. Slipknot/Devil Driver > the rest.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

So, is this pretty big in the UK? Is this like the same thing as warped tour?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    So, is this pretty big in the UK? Is this like the same thing as warped tour?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Its fairly big, probably not as well know as Reading or Leeds or Glastonbury but this festival is all about metal/rock.

I went for the first time last year and it was immense, got to meet loads of new people and see some great music like Kiss, Judas Priest & Disturbed.

I'm not sure what the warped tour is so can't answer that

Hi, I'm literate.

Status

Nah, nothing like Warped. It's metal bands opposed to punk bands.

Closest the UK has to Warped is probably Rebellion festival, but that's generally smaller punk bands. There's a stage at Leeds festival called the Lock Up which is similiar in style to warped (think it used to be called the warped tour stage actually!).

I've never been that tempted by download as i'm not THAT into metal. Be interesting to see how Pendulum go down at this.

WAKE UP

Status

Looks good so far, though I'd guess most of the good acts will also play Reading. May go to Download this year instead of V if it gets better bands.

World Champion

Status

Second Announcment!

Wuf! Back again so soon… Sorry it aint all new news, but Mr Coverdale got all excited and tried to do you know what to my leg! That’s my job! Bark bark… Any, we got for ya

Def Leppard
    Whitesnake
    Limp Bizkit
    Trivium

Well if I get too frisky you can Pour Some Sugar On Me. Ok, so it aint Young Blood but I’ll Eat You Alive before you can feed me To The Rats!

Arf Arf! More news soon. Wuf.

‘ROLLIN’, ‘ROLLIN’, ‘ROLLIN’…DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL CONTINUES TO CONFIRM MORE ACTS
    AS TICKETS GO ON SALE

Following the successful launch of DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK earlier this week, Festival Organisers have announced four more incredible acts to coincide with tickets going on sale.

Confirmed as a second main stage headliner alongside masked metallers Slipknot are iconic British rockers DEF LEPPARD, who return to Donington Park after a 23 year gap, having played Monsters of Rock in 1986. Joe Elliott and co. will be joined on the bill by Very Special Guests WHITESNAKE who make their way back to Donington for the fourth time, following a world tour with Def Leppard last year.

Also announced are the recently reformed nu-metallers LIMP BIZKIT who will make their Download Festival debut, and Orlando heavy metallers TRIVIUM, making their third Download appearance.

These all join Slipknot, Motley Crue. Korn, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Devildriver and DragonForce at this year’s Download Festival, 12-14 June 2009.

FRIDAY 12 / SATURDAY 13 / SUNDAY 14 JUNE 2009

SLIPKNOT / DEF LEPPARD
    THE PRODIGY / WHITESNAKE
    MÖTLEY CRÜE
    KORN / LIMP BIZKIT / PENDULUM /
    TRIVIUM / DRAGONFORCE / DEVILDRIVER

Download Festival 2009 Ticket Information
    Weekend Tickets - £135
    Car Park – £10 advance / £20 on day
    Camping – £25
    Campervans - £40
    Lockers – £11

I'm definatly going now.
    Last edited by Mikk; 02-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Hi, I'm literate.

Status

Re: Download 2009 Official Thread

Limp Bizkit :D

World Champion

Status

3rd Announcement!

Rowf! Here we go again, got some Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers for Ya.

ZZ Top
    Killswitch Engage
    Marilyn Manson

We got some Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings for ya now. Wuf! I guess we can Breathe Life into these Mechanical Animals now... Arf Arf...

THE SHARP DRESSED MEN OF ROCK, ZZ TOP HEAD TO DONINGTON

WITH MARILYN MANSON AND KILLSWITCH ENGAGE ALSO CONFIRMED FOR DOWNLOAD 2009

Download Festival organisers have confirmed that legendary Texan blues-rockers ZZ TOP will be playing the DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK, which takes place 12-14 June 2009. This marks the trio’s third appearance at the historic Donington site, having performed at Monsters of Rock in 1983 and 1985.

ZZ Top are joined by controversial shock-rocker MARILYN MANSON, who performed in 2003 and in 2007, and American metalcore outfit KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, making their third Download appearance.

Tickets for Download are on sale now from Download Festival 2009 / 0844 846 1767.

ZZ Top, Marilyn Manson and Killswitch Engage join a line up that is already boasting a great selection of international rock artists. This includes the previously announced headliners Slipknot and Def Leppard, with many more names to be confirmed between now and June!

ZZ Top, comprising of Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard, are one of the few bands in music history to retain the same original recording line up for nearly 40 years. Rock hits such as ‘Gimme All Your Lovin’ and a striking visual image of sunglasses, leathers and beards have garnered them icon status, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.

Marilyn Manson, the self proclaimed Antichrist Superstar, has carved a successful music career over the last decade, with anthemic hard rock songs about murder, sadism, drug abuse, sex and death. Live, his performance is unparalleled, with theatrical costume changes and disturbing backdrops. Manson will be performing tracks from his new album The High End Of Low.

Killswitch Engage came to prominence in the rock world with their album The End Of Heartache on Roadrunner Records, which was certified gold in December 2007. A firm favourite on the live circuit, Killswitch Engage have built a strong fanbase worldwide.

Download Festival 2009
    SLIPKNOT / DEF LEPPARDMARILYN MANSON / WHITESNAKE
    THE PRODIGY / ZZ TOP
    MÖTLEY CRÜE
    KORN / LIMP BIZKIT / PENDULUM
    TRIVIUM / KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
    DRAGONFORCE / DEVILDRIVER

Weekend Tickets - £135
    Camping – £25
    Campervans - £40
    Lockers – £11

ZZ Top = Rockage

Tommy Got Hacked

World Champion

Status

Next Announcement

Arf Arf, you guys thought we were gonna make you wait until Monday for news? Well I'm here to throw you a bone and let you know that

Anvil
    Billy Talent
    The Blackout
    Dream Theater
    Buckcherry

have all been added to the bill. Wuf wuf METAL ON METAL heh heh. Should be something for everyone there..

You know I'm a Mad Dog but let's raise the Red Flag for this one! We're Going To Hell... So Bring The Sunblock!. I'm in Constant Motion thinking about the Crazy Bitch who's gonna make me howl like.. well... a dirty dog!

I'm so excited I'm gonna chase my tail
    BARK BARK ruf

FIVE MORE ACTS CONFIRMED FOR DOWNLOAD 2009

THIRD HEADLINER TO BE ANNOUNCED MONDAY 2 MARCH

Organisers of the DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK have announced five more rock acts for this year’s line up, which is shaping up to be the best yet!

Set to play Download 2009 over the weekend of 12 -14 JUNE will be BILLY TALENT, DREAM THEATER, THE BLACKOUT, BUCKCHERRY and rock stars of the silver screen ANVIL – who played the Monsters of Rock festival back in 1982.

These great acts, encompassing punk hardcore, classic rock and prog-metal join a line up that is already boasting a great selection of international rock artists. This includes the previously announced headliners SLIPKNOT and DEF LEPPARD, with many more names to be confirmed between now and June!

Tickets for Download are on sale now from Download Festival 2009 / 0844 846 1767.

The Third Headliner for the Download Festival will be announced on Monday night – this announcement is highly anticipated, much talked about, with expectations high. Fans won’t be disappointed and can hear who the final headliner will be at 7.45pm on Monday 2 March via Kerrang!, the world's biggest selling weekly rock magazine... on-line! or on Zane Lowe on Radio 1.

Canadian post hardcore artists Billy Talent return to Download for the second time and will hopefully be showcasing tracks from their hotly anticipated third studio album. Having been on the road with the likes of My Chemical Romance, Rise Against and Anti-Flag, Billy Talent live are an impressive act to catch.

Roadrunner-signed prog-metal outfit Dream Theater also return to Download for the second time, having first wowed the audiences in 2007. They have sold over 8 million records worldwide, with 2 million sold in the US alone, and are highly acclaimed for their proficient instrumentation, with guitarist John Petrucci often compared to the likes of Yngwie Malmsteem.

"Our Download debut 2 years ago was totally intense (or should I say "in tents" - literally!) We are looking forward to coming back this year for our second time and finally bringing progressive metal to the main stage at Download where it belongs!! Our UK fans have been so great in developing Dream Theater over the last 15 years, taking us from the Marquee to Wembley, we cant wait to get back to play for them again and have the chance to make some new friends at Download this year!!” – Mike Portnoy, Dream Theater

South Wales’ The Blackout make their Download debut this year having built up a firm following from fans and rock press alike. Now signed to legendary punk label Epitaph, they previously held the honour of being the third unsigned band ever to sell out the London Astoria.

“We are super psyched to be asked to play Download this year, some of the bands playing our day are the reason we started this band! It's going to be a weekend of Mayhem.” – Sean Smith, The Blackout

Grammy nominated LA rockers Buckcherry return to Download having blown the crowds away in 2007. Last year they were added to the Crüe Fest Tour with Mötley Crüe as well as releasing their fourth album Black Butterfly, which went to number 8 on the top 200 charts.

The much talked about, greatly publicised Anvil come back to Donington after an incredible 27 year gap, having performed at 1982’s Monsters of Rock Festival. Their film ‘Anvil! The Story of Anvil’ directed by Sacha Gervasi, opened to great reviews last week, the story of real-life members of the band, Steve "Lips" Kudlow and Robb Reiner, touching the hearts of every single rock-wannabe. Their Download performance is sure to be very, very special.

‘It is an honour and a true privilege to play in the true homeland of real metal. We have great memories of our first time at Donington but this time we hope to rock the place to the ground…See ya there....’ – Lips, Robb and G5, Anvil

Download Festival RIP Packages are available at the same point of sale as standard weekend tickets; please visit Live Nation UK - Find Concert Tickets, Tour Dates & UK Concert Information for more information.

Download Festival 2009

SLIPKNOT / DEF LEPPARD
    KORN / MARILYN MANSON / WHITESNAKE
    LIMP BIZKIT / PENDULUM / ZZ TOP
    MÖTLEY CRÜE / THE PRODIGY
    DREAM THEATER/ TRIVIUM / KILLSWITCH ENGAGE / BILLY TALENT/
    DRAGONFORCE / BUCKCHERRY / ANVIL / THE BLACKOUT
    DEVIL DRIVER

Weekend Tickets - £135
    Camping – £25
    Campervans - £40
    Lockers – £11

Not too bad, only really heard of Buckcherry.

All attention now turns to Monday and the final headliner announcement

Tommy Got Hacked

World Champion

Status

Forgot to put up that Faith No More are the final headliner.

As for tonight, new announcement with 12 bands

Rawk On Dawgs! Had a week off but we’re back with some more bands for ya. So here we go…. Wuf wuf pant!

Chris Cornell
    Down
    Papa Roach
    Skin
    Journey
    Tesla
    Lacuna Coil
    Black Stone Cherry
    Clutch
    Architects
    Karma To Burn
    Parkway Drive

So don’t be doing a Disappearing Act otherwise I’ll be getting Dog Tired! Arf! We might be Getting Away With Murder but this lineup is really gonna Blow My Mind this year. Don’t Stop Believing I always say, this is gonna Rock Me To The Top. The Underdog has been through Hell & High Water to bring this Pure Rock Fury to ya… Grrrr… I don’t think I’ll have to Hunt Them Down though, and if that ain’t worth some Twin Sisters And Half A Bottle Of Bourbon then send me to the Boneyards!!

Should be something in there for ya to like! Wuf Bark! Till next time…

FAITH NO MORE’S DOWNLOAD PERFORMANCE TO BE THEIR FIRST LIVE SHOW FOR 11 YEARS

TWELVE MORE BANDS CONFIRMED FOR DOWNLOAD 2009

Since festival organisers announced that rock legends FAITH NO MORE were reuniting after 11 long years to headline THE DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK, rock fans across the UK have been digging out their copies of ‘The Real Thing’ and ‘Angel Dust’ and getting excited for what is truly the musical coup of the year. It has now been confirmed that their Download performance will be their first live performance since reuniting, before heading out across Europe, making this headlining appearance even more exclusive!

In other news, 12 more acts have been added to the ever-growing bill, which is headlined by Faith No More, Slipknot and Def Leppard. Fresh off the back of his new album ‘Scream’, US rocker CHRIS CORNELL will make his solo Download debut, although played with ex-band Audioslave in 2003. Returning for the second time will be Southern groove metallers DOWN, in what is to be their first UK show this year, following some incredible shows in 2008. US nu-metallers PAPA ROACH have also been added, coming back for their second Download Festival. SKIN are reforming especially to play Download, back together after a 12-year hiatus, marking their second performance at Donington since playing Monsters of Rock in 1994. Classic rockers JOURNEY, voted ‘5th best American rock band in history’ by USA Today will make their Download debut, joined by fellow Californians TESLA.

Also added to the bill are Italian goth-rockers LACUNA COIL, Kentucky blues-men BLACK STONE CHERRY, live favourites CLUTCH plus ARCHITECTS, KARMA TO BURN and PARKWAY DRIVE

Tickets for Download Festival 2009 are on sale now from www.downloadfestival.co.uk.

Download Festival RIP Packages are available at the same point of sale as standard weekend tickets; please visit www.livenation.co.uk for more information.

www.downloadfestival.co.uk

FAITH NO MORE / SLIPKNOT / DEF LEPPARD
    KORN / MARILYN MANSON / WHITESNAKE
    LIMP BIZKIT / PENDULUM / ZZ TOP

MÖTLEY CRÜE / THE PRODIGY / TRIVIUM

DREAM THEATER/ / KILLSWITCH ENGAGE / BILLY TALENT / DOWN
    CHRIS CORNELL / DRAGON FORCE / PAPA ROACH / LACUNA COIL
    JOURNEY / BUCKCHERRY / BLACKSTONE CHERRY / ANVIL / THE BLACKOUT
    SKIN / DEVIL DRIVER / TESLA / CLUTCH / KARMA TO BURN
    PARKWAY DRIVE / ARCHITECTS

Weekend Tickets - £135
    Camping – £25
    Campervans - £40
    Lockers – £11

Excellent announcement so pleased i get to see Journey

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I've never heard of Dream Theatre/Theater. The line up for this is immense, Manson playing is going to be awesome. Buck Cherry are epic Mikk, you will like them if you haven't heard of them.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I've never heard of Dream Theatre/Theater. The line up for this is immense, Manson playing is going to be awesome. Buck Cherry are epic Mikk, you will like them if you haven't heard of them.
    I've heard of Buck Cherry but only a couple of songs.

Tommy Got Hacked

Thread Information