Thread: January 28th 2009 - Top Five Talents

God

Status

January 28th 2009 - Top Five Talents

After every show here in Clique Wrestling Alliance we will be giving special recognition to the five best performers (Promos). So without any further hesitation, the top five are:

Position. [Previous Position.] Talent (Score) (Consecutive Appearances)

05. [02.] Roberto (6.6) (3)

Unfortunately for Roberto, he continues his slide down the table but manages to hold out for the number five spot. His victory in tag action this week is sure to increase his moral ahead of his championship match at Uprising.

04. [04.] Rich Stone (6.7) (2)

For the second consecutive week Rich Stone has proven his doubters wrong and that he can go with the big boys. Despite his best efforts he fell just a little short of victory.

03. [03.] Vance Johnson (6.8) (2)

A big win in a big main event for Vance Johnson and his partner gives him a high position again this week. The debut of some monster at the end of the show didn’t hurt him either as he seems to be aligned with it.

02. [RE.] Joey Nicholas (6.9) (1)

Dropped off the rankings last week but is back this week with a vengeance. The Lightweight champion is oozing confidence ahead of his title defence at Uprising.

01. [NE.] Top Dog (7.0) (1)

Just like the name suggests, Top Dog, was literally the Top Dog this week. In his debut match he was able to overcome the impressive Rich Stone before taking out some aggression on an unsuspecting Hawk Bonsen to finish his night in style.

Can these five continue to win and maintain their momentum going into Uprising? Or will they fall flat on their face and let someone else take their spot at the top of the card. We’ll have to wait and see.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

Re: January 28th 2009 - Top Five Talents

Promos:

Quote Originally Posted by Top Dog - Jayman
    *The scene opens up to white. Pure white. When the camera comes into focus, you can see there is more darkness than light, even with all the white in view. White is just the absence of light anyway, but in this case we eventually see the white is snow. Snow covers the surface of everything you see: the ground, the buildings, window sills overlooking an alleyway, trash bags stacked up outside a back door. In the middle of all the white, you can see black. The man in black is in center screen – Top Dog. As we’re used to seeing him, he is dressed in black from head to toe, but this time he has a few more layers on him. It is January in Detroit Michigan, and the dead of winter has found this place. Which isn’t the slightest bit ironic, because this part of town is the most dead of them all. People don’t live in these parts; they struggle to survive here. With a temperature of -2 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 with wind chill), you’d have to be braindead to want to be outside at a time like this. Or homeless. Even though Top Dog is now steadily employed, he’s hardly earned enough of a paycheck to get him inside somewhere warm. Therefore, he stands in the middle of an alleyway surrounded in fallen snow, standing mere inches from a fire made with trash, rotting wood, and roadkill. Near him are two older men; both with grizzly beards and ragged clothes – these men have no homes either, it’s apparent. The two men are shivering, but Top Dog doesn’t move much…he is concentrating on other things.

Man 1: So TD, you gettin’ ready for your first match in the CWA?

Man 2: If I were you, I’d be at that arena now, even if it is days away. You could sleep in the boiler room or something, at least you could get away from this cold.

Top Dog: Ted, Frank….my plane ticket hasn’t arrived yet. A CWA official is supposed to drop it off to me in a few days. So for now, I wait.

*Top Dog seems distant, he is talking not to the men in front of him, but rather the wind that howls by on this bitter cold night. His eyes aren’t even locked on his friends. This is his way of preparing for a fight…sanctioned or otherwise. He prepares mentally, thinking of a strategy to win. He doesn’t lose fights often, and isn’t going to start now. Of course, previous Top Dog fights included opponents like “Sandy” Rivers, the leader of the Crypts, a local gang in town. Or who could forget Charlie, the drug dealer who stepped on TD’s toes accidentally. Top Dog doesn’t take kindly to rude people – he sets them straight instead. These fights didn’t have a time limit, and you weren’t declared the loser because you used a nearby weapon. This is a new challenge for him, but because he is rewarded with money, quite a lot of it, he will adapt to this new method of fighting.

Frank: So who’s this joker that’s stepping in the ring with you again? Rick Stone?

Top Dog: It’s RICH Stone, Frank. Thanks to the CWA giving me some tapes to play in the downtown senior center, I was able to watch his past work. He’s not that special, really. I’ve gone up against bigger and tougher opponents during my past here in Detroit. He’s a former MMA fighter I guess. Which intrigues me; we have similar styles of fighting. This isn’t going to be a technical match, I don’t think. I’m looking forward to feeling my fist connect with another’s skull again. It’s been a while since I’ve been in a fight. But..it’s like riding a bike, it’ll come back to me real quick.

*Ted shivers some more and scoots even closer to the poorly built fire, getting his nose close enough to be barbequed. He doesn’t move back though, possibly because he’s already been frostbitten. TD takes a bite of a hamburger bun he sees nearby. No clue if it’s been half-eaten or not. He jams his gloved hands in the pockets of his thick jacket. He’s fortunate to be well clothed on this cold evening…with a jacket he stole off the back of some punk kid last winter. But that matters not. His attention turns back to Rich Stone. Thinking of something besides the cold keeps his mind off things. If only his friends were that lucky.

TD: Rich Stone likes to call himself the future of wrestling. I suppose that’s valid, because maybe in the future he will have what it takes in wrestling. He sure doesn’t have it now. His debut match was a fatal fourway, and he was pretty unimpressive. Rich was eliminated first and got in practically no offense during it. He was an afterthought as far as anyone watching was concerned. He won’t even be remembered as impressive in his debut match, which is the opposite of what you could say for me.

Ted: TD, good buddy, I predict a beating by you to Stone. You’re gonna cement your legacy into the CWA, starting with your first massacre….I mean match.

TD: Thanks for the pick-me-up Ted, but you’re telling me something I already know. Call me confident, but I don’t see anything from Rich Stone that impresses me. He had his spot in the first match of the first Adrenaline Rush..and he blew it.

Frank: Well, he did win his match last week…

TD: Against who? Eoghan O’Neill? Is he even on the roster? I’ve never heard of him before. It was probably a way of boosting up Rich’s confidence after losing the week before. And before the match, I had the pleasure of watching him speak from the locker room. He tried to give us all a lesson about Destiny, and a spelling lesson too, apparently. By the time he got to “E”, I was asleep. I woke up in time to hear that Rich Stone thinks the word “Why” actually starts with the letter “Y”. I hope Rich is listening now though, because I’m going to answer the question he dragged on for a half hour about: What is Destiny? Rich’s destiny in the CWA is to lose. Plain and simple. He was hired into the CWA as a stepping stone for greater fighters than him. I plan to take full advantage of that on January 28th. Further proof of Rich’s destiny? So far in his career, if you could call it that, he’s been the curtain jerker of Adrenaline Rush. Those poor fans had to sit through a Rich Stone match twice in a row to start off their evenings. If Rich Stone is the Future of Wrestling, then that makes me The Present of Wrestling, because I’m going to be a gift to Ricky Stone. And when he meets this gift in the ring, he’ll see that the pleasure…(TD looks directly into the camera he has been ignoring this whole time) ….Rich Stone…has been all yours.

*Top Dog lights up a cigarette and puffs on it, content with his beliefs on the outcome of their upcoming match. He throws an arm around a shivering Frank, briefly warming up the old homeless man. A slight smirk forms on the lips of Top Dog as the camera fades. It’s the first time in years he’s shown a hint of a smile, because for once, the man known as TD is finally happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Nicholas - Paid Laid Made
    (The camera pans in on Orlando Maxwell, his back to the door of the Champions locker room)
    Orlando Maxwell: Ladies and Gentlemen, later tonight Joey Nicholas will be participating in a triple threat with Mike Crotch and Logan V! Now lets get a few words from the CWA lightweight Champion.
    (Orlando knocks rhythmically on the door and awaits the champ. Suddenly, the door is thrown open and Joey advances out smirking, wearing his ring attire along with aviator sunglasses as well as the Lightweight championship slung over his shoulder)
    Orlando Maxwell: Joey, what are your though…
    Joey: (Scowls) Hold up Orlando! What the hell is your deal knocking on the Real Deal Sex Appeal’s locker room like a complete and utter artard!?
    (Orlando shakes his head before answering)
    Orlando Maxwell: I don’t know what you mean Joe…
    Joey: Shut your trap! First off, you have the audacity to knock so ridiculously on the Real Deal’s door and now you don’t even have the capability of introducing me correctly!? I may have to stick to interviews with Michelle Kelly at this rate! Now try your absolute best to repeat after me! Ladies and Gentlemen, with me now is the…
    (With a puzzled look at Joey, Orlando obliges)
    Orlando Maxwell: Ladies and Gentlemen,with me now is the…
    Joey: Current CWA Lightweight Champion, The Real Deal Sex Appeal…
    Orlando Maxwell: Current CWA Lightweight Champion, The Real Deal Sex Appeal…
    Joey: Joey Nicholas!
    Orlando Maxwell:(dryly)Joey…Nicholas.
    Joey: Good job virgin Maxwell! And yet you wonder why you still reside in your Grandma’s basement playing dungeons and dragons!
    (Orlando looks down at his feet in dismay)
    Joey: Anyways, what do you want?
    Orlando Maxwell: Wellfirst off I wanted to get your thoughts on what transpired last week on Adrenaline Rush between you, Dr. Jack Adams, and Abdul Akbar Alsam.
    Joey: Well both of those incompetent fools tried to rain on my parade by running in and attempt to make a statement to boss man Anderson. Well in doing so they stole my spotlight! And well, we all know I couldn’t let that happen. (Smirks) So I took matters into my own hands and clocked them both over the head with my championship to remind them just who the better man is. That was indeed a triumphant moment for the Real Deal as I positioned myself conqueringly over their motionless bodies for a second consecutive week! You see what they both fail to realize is that I’ve already beaten the both of them to be crowned champion. And even though both of those men believe wholeheartedly that they were screwed out of the Lightweight title match two weeks ago, their opinion isn’t worth a damn, every one around the world knows just as well as you do Orlando, that the superior man walked out of New York City with the gold around his waist.Doc Adams along with Akmed must now go to the back of the line just like everyone else. I made the announcement last week that I have since moved on from my past foes and declared last week, that I await the next challenger.
    (Grins into the camera)
    Orlando Maxwell: Well now onto your opponents in that triple threat match, first your thoughts on that (shudders) masked devil Logan V.
    Joey: (Chuckles) Honestly anybody that has to conceal themselves behind a mask just to hide from their own pathetic excuse of a life is not worthy of stepping in the ring with someone of my stature. You see Logan, whining and complaining about not getting any wiser with age is not doing you any favors in this business, so what I’m going to help is you out by giving you some advice old man. Hang up the boots while you’re ahead, trust me you don’t want to embarrass your self again by stepping in the ring with the likes of Joey Nicholas!
    Orlando Maxwell: Now then, what are your thoughts on Mike Rotch?
    Joey: (Taken back for a moment) Excuse me?
    Orlando Maxwell: You know Mike Rotch
    Joey: I don’t know what the hell you’re trying to insinuate Orlando,The Real Deal doesn’t hang out with that kind of crowd, so we are not going to talk about (points below Orlando’s belt) your crotch!
    Orlando Maxwell:Bu…
    (Joey interrupts Orlando with a repulsive look on his face)
    Joey: No! You sick freak! Let me make this very clear to you Orlando, what you do on your own time as Roberto’s fluffer is completely your business but don’t ever once mistake me for having a limp wrist!
    (Orlando face turns cheery red with embarrassment)
    Joey: Now onto my opponent for tonight, Mike Ock!
    (Orlando frowns while shaking his head)
    Joey: Don’t give me that look Orlando, I’m sure you yourself would love to see Mike Ock in action!
    Orlando Maxwell: Wha…
    Joey: No, no, no, I’m done hearing anymore of those creepy innuendos from your mouth Maxwell! The fact of the matter is, I’m going to wipe the floor with little Mikey and Logan V thus silencing all those naysayers who claim my title win was a fluke, adding yet another win under my belt! Furthermore, I will once again prove why Joey Nicholas is the Real Deal in the CWA and there is nobody here to say otherwise…
    (Joey Smirks and then proceeds to make his way down the hallway to the entrance ramp)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brotherhood - PeaceSells and Twist of Lemonz
    *The cameras open to Guardian Devil in the Brotherhood locker room cheering as Kennif LeBlanch finishes beating Shaun Quinn at Halo 3*

Shaun Quinn: “Awh man! This is bull! Kennif is cheating!"

Kennif LeBlanch: “...”

*Kennif shifts his eyes from side to side, whilst grinning slyly*

GD: “Sorry buddy, looks like someone, or more accurately, YOU!!~ Just got owned by the master.

Shaun Quinn: “Why don't you give it a try then big man?”

*Ultimate Pain and Minimal Pain walk into the room as GD and Kennif start a game*

Ultimate Pain: "Video games…still? You're aware that we have a main event match coming up tonight, don't you Quinn?"

Shaun Quinn: “Hell yeah baby, Vance Johnson and eh...”

*Shaun looks around for some help on who the other half of the team they're set to face is.*

Ultimate Pain: “…Roberto.”

Shaun Quinn: “Ohhh yeah, how did we end up with that loony toon in our match anyways? I get bad vibes just thinking about getting in the ring with him. Seriously bad vibes.”

Ultimate Pain: “I’m going to take a crazy shot in the dark here, but I think it may be a little something to do with the fact that he’s my opponent at Uprising for the Heavyweight Title.”

GD: “Man, he never gets sick of talking about that, huh? You don’t hear me telling everyone how I’m the “Brotherhood Champion” or how I’m undefeated 18-0.”

Matt Jones: “Uhhh, yes we do?”

GD: “Uhhh, shut it!”

Ultimate Pain: “The fact we gave him, and Vance one of the greatest beatings of all time on the last show might also have a case as to why we’re facing them.”

GD: “That chair shot Shaun gave to Roberto probably sealed the deal.”

Shaun Quinn: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Last I remember, it was you who had the Ulti-Vice locked in on Roberto at the end of the show Pain!"

Matt Jones: “Ah yes, I remember it all so clearly. My brother, in the middle of the ring, grappling a…”

Shaun Quinn: “A what?”

Matt Jones: “A…”

GD: “A what?!”

Matt Jones: “A…you know…”

Ultimate Pain: “A you know WHAT Matt?”

Matt Jones: “Well…you know…a…”

Kennif LeBlanch: “…”

GD: “Oi, it’s your line Kennif.”

Matt Jones: “You know he still can’t speak, right?”

GD: “Just tell us "a what" then you nub!”

Matt Jones *whispers*: “A…homo!”

GD: “Whhhhaaaaaaattt?!”

Shaun Quinn: “I thought that was common knowledge?”

Ultimate Pain: “Waitaminute, what are you implying here Matt?”

GD: “Hold it, Roberto, that guy with all the chicks, the fashion designer, Cavalli, is a ****?”

Shaun Quinn: “Wait, who GD?”

GD: “Roberto Cavalli? Ain't no way he is gay.”

Shaun Quinn: “No no, not him, Roberto, from our fed.”

GD: “Cavalli is in CWA?!”

Shaun Quinn: “No man! Listen…”

Ultimate Pain: “Everyone shut it…what are you implying Matt?”

Matt Jones *chuckling*: “Oh, nothing!”

Ultimate Pain: “Sun…uva…beech!”

*Pain snaps and starts firing hard shots at Matt*

Shaun Quinn: “So back to my point, after last week’s showing, I don’t think we need to put much prep work into this match-up Brosephs.”

GD *appears to still be pondering a match with Cavalli*: “Haha, Brosephs, nice Shaun!”

Shaun Quinn
    : “Yeah, I came up with it myself. Anyways, what we really ought to do is just sit back here, relax and enjoy the smooth sounds of futuristic fire power with the crew, and you can just keep beating on your kid brother, whatever suits.”

Ultimate Pain: “I like the second option.”

GD: “Oh, give Matt a break for once, you big meanie! Help him out Shaun.”

Shaun Quinn: “Alright, alright. C’mon Pain. We got some grown up bid-ness to talk about. Let Mini Pain go show Kennif whose boss, while we have a chat outside about strategies and such.”

GD: “El oh el, strategies. We ain’t gaming no more Shaun. The Hood don’t strategise in the ring, we just go with the flow.”

Shaun Quinn: “I know that, but Pain don’t.”

*Matt Jones finally gets away from Pain and jumps on the couch next to GD and Kennif, whilst Quinn and Pain walk out in the hallway. Outside, none other than Orlando Maxwell, Roberto’s apparent right hand man, spots them and runs up for a interview.*

Orlando Maxwell: “Can I have a quick word gentlemen?”

Ultimate Pain
    : “Shoot.”

Orlando Maxwell: “Shoot what?”

Ultimate Pain: “Eh, your questions?”

Orlando Maxwell: “Ohh, right. Roll cameras."

*Orlando waits till John the cameraman tells him they're rolling*

Orlando Maxwell
    : "Well, CWA viewing public, it’s not really my pleasure, to be standing here with Ultimate Pain and Shaun Quinn.”

Shaun Quinn: “Not your pleasure? Don’t get smart with us guy or we’ll do to you what we did to your little friend, Roberto!”

Orlando Maxwell *looking pretty worried*: “Sorry, but that’s actually what I wanted to ask you about. Do either of you care to comment on the vicious attack on Vance Johnson and Roberto on the last show?”

Shaun Quinn: “No, but you know what I would like to comment on?”

Orlando Maxwell: “Do tell.”

Shaun Quinn: “How Vance Johnson keeps on bringing down my mood. I mean, I’m playing my games, relaxing with a little World of Warcraft.”

Orlando Maxwell *excitedly*: “Oh cool, you play? What level are you? I’m a level 45 Paladin.”

Shaun Quinn *also excitedly*: “No kidding? I’m a level 68 Paladin. What’s your name on it? we should…”

Ultimate Pain: “Quinn! Quit talking that crap, and tell him how Vance was bringing your mood down.”

Shaun Quinn: “Oh yeah, right right. Just how every time I turn on the TV, I hear him prophesising about judgments and how our time as come. When I want to hear mystic...I'll call Ms. Cleo, thank you. But seriously, what’s your WoW name Orlando? We should play together sometime…”

*Ultimate Pain grabs the camera, and brings it close to his face*

Ultimate Pain
    : “Let’s walk and talk.”

*Pain walks off with the cameraman following, leaving Quinn and Maxwell behind talking about World of Warcraft happenings*

Ultimate Pain: “I don’t have much to say tonight, as I intend to let my actions in the ring, do the talking. What I have to say is short, and sweet. Roberto is going to see first hand tonight, just how much I, and the rest of the Brotherhood, want me to have that Heavyweight Title. And I’ll go as far as to say, that I will stop at nothing till I am at the top of the pile here in CWA. You may think your stupid mind games will work on me like they have everyone else you’ve faced, but if you think that, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Tonight’s going to be just a little example of what I plan to do to you, come Uprising.”

*Ultimate Pain looks to his left and asks for something under his breath. Suddenly a pair of overly large aviators are thrown at Ultimate Pain. He catches them and puts them on, before sliding them down his nose*

Ultimate Pain
    : “For I am…The Ullltiimaaate”

*Pain looks around himself. Quinn and Maxwell can still be vaguely heard talking about Paladins, warriors and wizards in the background. Pain then suddenly stares at the camera with a gaze of intent on his face*

Ultimate Pain: “…PAAAAAIN!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto - Fedor
    *The camera pans on the JumboTron. Roberto's music hits.*

*Roberto, sucking on a lollypop, makes his way to the ring with Precious by his side. The ring is decorated with a colourful couch, lamp, a lot of flamboyant veils, etc. etc.*

Buckworth: "Are you ready for this."

Taylor: "I cant wait, Roberto is gonna debut his new show, The Rainbow Room."

Buckworth: "...and tonight his special guests are going to be all the Superstars involved in the main event later on tonight."

Taylor: "It's going to be very interesting."

Buckworth: "Roberto of course the winner of that 3 way elimination match at our first Adrenaline Rush show, which earned him the right to fight for the World Heavyweight Title at Uprising."

Taylor: "...against the man who assaulted him in Chicago, Ultimate Pain."

Buckworth: "Correct, and tonight he will get a chance for retribution when they face each other in this huge tag team match."

*Roberto grabs the mic*

Roberto: "Welcome to the debut of the sassiest new show on tv today...The Rainbow Room. I am your beautiful host, The Beautiful Man. This talk show is gonna bring truth, laughter, sometimes tears, but most importantly style, to your living rooms like no other Talk Show has ever done before. Tonight we are gonna talk about the highly anticipated tag team main event that's gonna take place later on tonight, in which of course I'll be participating in. So without further do, let me introduce the man that's going to be by my side. Ladies and Gentleman please welcome Vance Johnson."

*The lights go dark and out comes The Figure of Destiny*

Taylor: "Im telling you, this man sends shivers down my spine."

Buckworth: "This place seems to have gotten colder all of sudden. The Figure of Destiny making his way to the ring and he doesnt seem very happy."

Taylor: "I wouldn't wanna be the Brotherhood tonight."

*As Vance Johnson gets in the ring, Roberto tries to shake his hand, but Johnson just gives him a cold stare.*

Roberto: "Allllllllrighty then...and now let me introduce our opponents, Mr.Pain and his partner Mr.Quinn."

*The Brotherhood's music hits and out comes two midgets dressed like Pain and Quinn.*

Buckworth: "What in the blue hell?"

*Taylor laughing hysterically*

*Roberto is also laughing hysterically*

Roberto: "Hey Precious, I think they could fit in your little handbag."

*The midgets get in the ring and they both start posing, mimicking The real Brotherhood*

*While Roberto is laughing, he turns to Johnson who gives him a cold stare which in turn frightens Roberto*

Roberto: "Oh comon, you can't tell me you dont find this funny...THEY ARE MIDGETS"

*Roberto keeps laughing*

Roberto: "Ok, ok, come over here fellas, let me ask you a few questions. We all know you guys are short on talent, but this is ridiculous. Do you really think you guys can beat us? "

*As the midgets are about to answer, Vance Johnson attacks them both delivering a double chokeslam*

Roberto: "Whatta hell are you doing"

*Johnson gets right to Roberto's face and then grabs the mic from his hand.*

Buckworth: "I dont think Vance Johnson finds this even remotely funny"

*He continues to stare at Roberto for a few seconds, then turns to the camera.*

Vance Johnson: "My sole purpose in this lifeless world, is to collect the souls of the unfortunate people that crossed my path. Tonight Brotherhood, you will learn that there's no escape from the dark side."

*All of a sudden the Arena goes dark. After a few seconds, the lights turn back on, with Johnson no longer in the ring*

Buckworth: "Where did he go"

Taylor: "He has disappeared into thin air."

*Roberto grabs Precious stunned at what he has witnessed, but after a few moments a confident smirk appears on his face*

Buckworth: "I think tonight we are going to witness a war"

Taylor: "I can't wait"

*Camera cuts out*
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance Johnson - Griff
    We are in a dark room. It looks like a damp wet basement. A single light bulb hangs from the ceiling and lightly illuminates the dirty cement floor. Vance Johnson sits in a chair at the edge of the light which is swaying in the air ever so lightly.

Vance Johnson: What is it that makes Vance Johnson tick? Why is he so dark? Why is he such a loner? All are legitimate questions. Since I have arrived on the scene here in the CWA I have been somewhat mysterious. Yes I have used intimidation to get my point across. Yes I have left others laid out and bloodied on the ground. And now I can say the same has happened to me. After the events that took place on January 14th, a change in tactic is in order.

Johnson adjusts his weight on the seat he is sitting in. He creeps forward as he looks directly into the camera.

Vance Johnson: You see I am the way that I am, because people made me this way. I was a normal kid with big dreams. I wanted to be a wrestler and would do anything it took to become one. I had respect for the business that had no respect for me. As a kid I was made fun of, I was ridiculed, and I was left out. To make a long story short I was a loner and when you are a loner, you can easily become misunderstood. That’s exactly what I am… Misunderstood. People think I am some dark ghoulish man, when in reality I am just different. Roberto, that is where you and I are more alike than we are different. We tend to stand out in a crowd. Now one of us has embraced the darkness…me. One of us has embraced the rainbow… not me. But the fact remains we are not like the others in the crowd. We are not like the others in the locker rooms, and we aren’t like others in this business. So tonight as we team up, you should take some measure of comfort in that.

Johnson pauses for a moment and leans back a bit from the light. The angle in which he shifts allows you to so more of his face than before. The shadow that was cast by the hood of his coat has receded allowing the glow of his bright blue eyes shine.

Vance Johnson: After last week I understand how things are going to be ran around here. Instead of taking care of things for yourself, you have to rely on the strength of numbers. This is the way things will be. Roberto, you may not have picked up on this just yet, but trust me I have. I understand the power in numbers and that is the one thing that the Brotherhood has that I don’t. You and I were victims January 14th… but I won’t become one again. This week you are lucky enough to be on my side of the warfront, thus you will be granted such protection as well.

Johnson pulls the chair out from under him and stands tall. The top of his head nearly reaching the light bulb in the room. He steps forward and a shadow covers the most of his front.

Vance Johnson: Now to the business at hand tonight. This is a call to arms. Anyone who sees this that feels unwanted or wronged know that there is a place for you in my family. You see I am not going to fall victim to another gang attack from this faux Brotherhood and I don’t want any of you to fall victim to this same kind of attack. Know this Brotherhood. As you attack more and more both verbally and physically for your gain and/or pleasure, you are breeding more that will join my cause. You may have the idiots in the crowd fooled, but they aren’t the ones that have to deal with the pain that you cause. They enjoy it as you do. You see it’ll be that same pain that will drive the stake into your hearts, and the person driving it is potentially anyone in the back. It could be someone you’ve all ready wronged or someone who you have yet to, but either way you will doom your own fate and I will be there when it happens.

The light begins to flicker every 10 to 15 seconds. Continuing to lightly sway back and forth. It isn’t really clear where he is broadcasting from as it could be just about anywhere without being able to clearly see his surroundings. At best you can see the shadowy outlines of objects behind him.

Vance Johnson: Pain you are the current champion of this company. Treasure it while you can. Your time is numbered and there is nothing that will change that. A company with a hollow champion isn’t much of a company at all. But I am looking to fix this. You see tonight you face both of the men you will face for that very belt that you call your own. In a matter of a few weeks from now you will face us again, but you won’t have the luxury of a partner. There are a few things that you are going to have to think about as the time nears. Will they work together like they did as a team and turn it into a handicap match? Will they be divided? If they do team up on me how do I break their pact? Is there anyway that I can prepare for this match at all? Well I will comfort you by answering that last question, which you undoubtedly have all ready began to go over in your head. The answer is “No” There is no way to prepare for what you face… but rest assured I will come into our match more than prepared in more than one way. When it comes down to it Pain it will be are you man enough to knock me unconscious ? Because that is the ONLY way that you walk out of this confrontation as champion.

I leave you with this, tonight I start what I am going to finish when I become the CWA champion. Brotherhood if you want to make this a war I will welcome the challenge. Jus don’t be dumb enough to believe that I haven’t done some recruiting of my own.

*Johnson begins to laugh out loud as he reaches up to the light and yanks on the metal chain that turns the light off. The scene ends in darkness with nothing to be heard but Johnson’s blood curdling laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Devil - Guardian Devil
    *Cameras cut backstage to the Brotherhood locker room where Orlando Maxwell is standing by to interview the Guardian Devil*

Orlando: "Mr. Devil, Mr. Devil! I just wanted to get your thoughts on your opponent tonight. Do you have a message for Frankie Enzo?"

*GD grabs the camera and pulls it in close with a deadly serious look on his face*
    GD: "Frankie....I MUST BREAK YOU.

Nah, I'm just kidding. You seem like a good guy, but honestly, you know you don't stand a chance in hell tonight. 19-0 baybay. Good night folks! Aaaand end scene."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Bonsen - Bon
    *Hawk Bonson is seen at a night club*

*over the blaring music*
    Producer: Hawk, we need a promo?
    Bonson: What?!
    Producer: *yelling* We need a promo!
    *Bonson decks the producer*
    Bonson: I'M NOT A ****.
    *The cameraman whispers in Bonson's ear*
    Bonson: OH! A promo? Why didn't you say so? It's too loud in here, lets step outside.
    *outside the club*
    Bonson: Ok..SO. This week I make my CWA debut. I'm a hot property baby, I'm the hottest commodity to hit CWA since it's inception. Well..besides some of those seasoned veteran dudes. I remember that dude had that title belt covered in salsa..ugh, nevermind. So I'm facing...*asking the cameraman* What's my opponents name?
    Camerman: Eoghan O'Neill.
    Bonson: Eowan? Eokhan? Khan? KHAAAAAN! KHAAAAAAN! KHAAAAAN!. Ok, so I'm facing Emokhan O'Neil. Man..with a name like that, how can I not win? I figure I'll rough 'im up a bit first, show what I've got. Then I'll hit some flippy ass move. It'll make the crowd pop, and the ladies' panties drop. This week, Ewok Mc'Neil, tomorrow, THE WORLD!
    *Bonson slowly walks away,down the block. He puts his fist in the air, as his silhouette turns to black and Don't You Forget About Me plays.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stone - Sonic
    The scene opens up backstage with Orlando Maxwell holding a microphone in his hand. The camera guy cues him to start talking. Orlando raises the microphone to his mouth and starts the promo.

Orlando: Welcome everybody to Adrenaline Rush. I am Orlando Maxwell and let me introduce to you at this time my guest, Rich “The Future” Stone.

Rich walks on camera and stands next to Orlando. He stands there with a cocky smile but behind it is no emotions at all. His sunglasses cover his eyes that would show the same thing that his smile does. No nerves, no jitters, like he is used to doing this like he has been there before. Orlando clears his throat and then raises his microphone.

Orlando: Thank you for joining me Rich, first question. Why do you call yourself the Future of professional wrestling?

Rich thinks for a second changing his smile to a more serious face. Still you can see no emotion change on his face. He takes of his shades to reveal his eyes. His eyes show passion and a desire to be the best.

Stone: I don’t call myself the Future, Orlando. You got it all wrong. Calling myself the future would be giving my self a cute little nickname, but that’s not the case. I was given the name the Future by an announcer who said that I am the future of wrestling. I am an accomplished amateur wrestler. I am a two time all American and not only that I was recruited to be on the Olympic team, but due to a knee injury I had to quit. That name has stuck with me and quite frankly the name has become synonymous with me. I think I represent that name pretty well don’t you think/ With a name like that people would suspect you to get lazy because you are considered to be the future. They expect you to not give your all because you think that everything was given to you. Everything was not given to me. I don’t have one of those sad sob stories. I had a pretty normal life. Not going to lie about it. But for everything that I have and everything I am now… I worked very hard to get it. Blood, sweat, and never any tears are how I got to CWA and that is the way it is going to stay.

Orlando is taken back by the response. He keeps his composure as all great reporters do and brings the microphone back to him.

Orlando: You are very passionate. But I have read you are also a mixed martial arts fighter. I watched your match yesterday and I didn’t see that. Why did you change your style MMA fight styles are very effective in pro wrestling.

Stone: Haha! That’s a good question. You want a honest answer. I believe that in my heart, I don’t have to use it. I can go out and do what ever I want to who ever I wanted. I wanted to… change my style a bit give myself a new identity. What’s the fun of going about my life with the same style day in and day out? I want to prove to the world that I can be the best at no matter what I want to be the best in. Its my destiny to do so. I have concurred two of the three worlds that I entered. And CWA is nothing than a matter of time.

Orlando: Last time you gave a promo you talked about Destiny and what exactly it means. To you, Rich what is your destiny? What is this Destiny that drives you to who you are today.

Rich stands there perplexed by the question.

Stone: Where have you been I just said it? We will make this one short because I am going to sound like a broken record. My destiny is to be the best of all time. I am going to be the CWA heavyweight champion, last week was just the start of it. I won my match in what was it under four minutes. I made that guy I faced famous by being the quickest match in CWA history. He got destroyed by the future. You see his destiny was to be my first victim. I can’t tell you anything for him past that, but I know what my destiny. Speaking of last week I prove to you all the first letter of the acronym I gave to you.

Orlando: What do you mean?

Stone: My Acronym for Destiny. I prove to you the D… the D that stands for doubt. I said that it stands for doubt. I lost my CWA debut by being the fist man eliminated. There was doubt by everyone swirling around and it was a…for lack of a better word, a fun night for my critics. All the critics loved to watch me fail miserably two weeks ago and I am not ashamed to say it. I got embarrassed plain and simple. But not once did I put my head down and say, “Maybe this isn’t for me.” No I went to the gym and I got better. I turned any signs of doubt from my self and turned it into fuel. Fuel to better myself. I don’t like to lose but it is the best way to learn how to get better. I never once doubted myself and all of my fans never doubted me. All the doubt comes from you guys in the media and the guys in the back that are jealous of me. Jealous of who I am, and more importantly they are jealous of what I will become. They all strive to be the best and that honor only comes to one person and that is the champion, and it’s only at matter of time before I am the champion.

Orlando: I see it makes more sense now. Tonight you face another newcomer to CWA, Top Dog. He is very eager to be here and is ready for a fight, your thoughts on him?

Stone: To be honest I don’t have a lot to say about him. He is just the next victim that I have to go through on my path to CWA champion. He is another soul that has the misfortune to have their debut against the future. The guy that is destined to be the CWA champion and the best to ever set foot on this planet as a champion. One other person has been an all American in wrestling, a mixed marital arts champion, and a professional wrestling champion, and that man is Brock Lesnar. I will be better than him and I am the most well rounded athlete to ever walk gods green Earth. Top Dog probably thinks that he is going to beat me, but I have something on my side that he doesn’t. And that is destiny ladies and Gentlemen. Like lastweek the new guy falls to me. I'm not going to promise the same result as last week but I can assure you this I will be the winner. There is not a single thing that anyone can do about it. Top Dog is in this business to win and be a champion, but he forgets that I am in the same division as him. When he gets on his high horse and the adrenaline from the crowd starts to kicks up, he will think he is unstoppable, but once I step in the ring with him, he will look in my eyes and realize that he cant beat me. He is not on my level, and that I AM THE FUTURE OF CWA.

Orlando: Very arrogant attitude what is if you lose tonight?

Rich puts on his sunglasses and regains his composure. He looks at Orlando and takes the microphone from him. He signals him to leave. He stares into the camera poised and as confident like all the greats. He raises the microphone to his mouth.

Stone: remember this one thing Top Dog. Its not arrogance… it’s destiny!

Rich cracks a small smile and walks off camera. The camera watches him leaves as it fades slowly ending the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan V - The Half Boy
    The camera's cut away from the ringside action, to the roof of the arena. Logan V is standing on the edge of the roof, the wind ripping around his body. Without bothering to turn round and address the camera directly, he starts to speak.

Logan V: Tonight's my lucky night. I might have had a bit of a rusty start here in the CWA, but I'm making amends for that now. Right now, as I look down on all the little insignificant ants on the ground, things sure seem a whole lot different. I've struggled. I'm happy to admit that I suffered a crisis of faith. I didn't believe in myself. I still don't to some extent. But tonight, I'm going to prove to myself, and to the whole world, that I belong here. I'm strong, I'm talented, and when I prove that I can beat not just one, but two of these God forsaken miscreants, that I will be the man for all of you to beat.

My name is Logan V. And when you think you've found the answers... I'll change the questions...

Logan V finally turns his masked face to the camera, stares into the lens, and we fade to black...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jack Adams - The Brain
    We're backstage in Seattle, WA with Orlando Maxwell and Dr. Jack Adams, who is warming up for his match.

OM: Last month, at the CWA's very first Adrenaline Rush, we crowned our first Lightweight Champion. However, the controversy of that match has caused some turbulence among the top contenders for the title. At our last Adrenaline Rush, during an address from our new champion, the situation came to a head. Let's take a look:

A clip is shown of the incident, starting from the end of the Champion's speech to the end of the brawl.

OM: Dr. Adams, would you care to comment on your actions last week?

JA: What I did last week should have been no surprise to you or anyone else, especially Alsam. Nobody does to me what he did last month without expecting a receipt. If he had been a man and accepted defeat in the title match, we wouldn't have any problems right now. Maybe he was just blinded by his violent temper, but the fact that I was able to catch him off-guard during our most recent altercation speaks to his lack of foresight.

OM: Tonight, on the heels of your last encounter, you'll be teaming with him in a match against Hardcore Hell. How do you feel about that?

JA: I feel that Mr. Anderson has either a very sound mind for booking wrestling events or a very sick sense of humor.

Dr. Adams stops for a moment.

JA: That might be the most redundant thing I've ever said.

Maxwell looks confused.

JA: Nevermind. As for the match tonight, it's quite simple. It's a match. The objective is to win. I am willing to cooperate with Alsam, as much as it pains me to do so. If he has any sense of self-preservation, he will keep that temper of his in check long enough to get a victory. If he wants to consult with me after the match, so be it, but he'd better keep his head on straight from bell to bell.

OM: Just one more question, Dr. Adams. After the last Adrenaline Rush, I couldn't help but notice you leaving with a man who seemed like a good friend. May I ask who that was?

JA: No, you may not.

Orlando Maxell looks befuddled and a little disappointed as Dr. Adams hears his match being announced and walks away abruptly.

OM: Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Akbar Alsam - Papa Smurf
    The camera fades in to shows Abdul Akbar Alsam walking down a quite street in Seattle, WA. After only a few seconds, Alsam has caught up with the camera man. Alsam stares directly into the camera and starts to speak.

When I came to America, a little over a month ago, I was immediately branded a terrorist. Despite the fact that I have yet to step off the plane. After less than a week in this country I had been branded a liar, a cheat, a racist and a criminal, aswell as still being branded a terrorist. Whenever I walk down a busy street, the people cross to the other side of the street. Parents shield their children and even pick up the pace when passing by me. These people have already made an opinion on me and have never even met me. They know nothing about me but discriminate anyway. Despite the blatant discrimination I feel each and every day, I’m willing to let that go. I don’t feel any sadness or hurt because you people are too stuck up to give me a chance in life.

The sadness, hurt and pain that I currently feel, its not because of you people, no, it stems from my visit back home recently. After my debut match in which I was screwed because of my nationality, I decided to go back home to Iraq to get my head straight and prepare for the future. That, was were the hurt and pain pierced my body. After arriving home, I may as well have still been in America. Nobody would even give me the time of day. My own people, my own friends, my own family, all turned their back on me.

At this point a parent quickly walks past with her child on her far side. Neither even acknowledged Alsam’ existence.

Why did they turn their back on me? Because I failed to complete my mission. Where I come from, you only get one chance. You either succeed and get rewarded, or you fail and become an outcast, a reject. Do any of you have any idea what it feels like to be an outcast in your own country? No, of course you don’t. But tonight, in the middle of that ring, I will share my pain. I will show Hardcore Hell what it is like. Hardcore Hell, tonight, I make you feel my pain. Tonight, I will torture both of you into submission. If your really lucky, I’ll just cripple you and leave you with just enough to survive. Just enough for you to live in the pain that I live in. Tonight, I will redefine the meaning of pain, my pain.

Alsam looks across the street where several elderly citizens are trying not to make eye contact with the terrorist in waiting.

My mission for tonight, is simple. Destroy Hardcore Hell both physically and mentally. I will not fail again. I cannot afford to fail again. The price of a second unsuccessful mission, is too grave for anyone to survive. Tonight, it begins again, just, try and stop me.

Alsam shoves the camera out of his face and walks off into the distance.
    Last edited by God; 01-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Brotherhood not making the top 5 seems slightly harsh I feel but mkay

And he scores goals...!

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

I tried something different with my promo this week, but I thought it was kinda good. Oh well...nice work Smurf.

God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSells View Post
    Brotherhood not making the top 5 seems slightly harsh I feel but mkay
    You were sixth if its any consolation.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Broadcast Journalist

Status

I made this list once.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Vance Johnson: Pain you are the current champion of this company. Treasure it while you can. Your time is numbered and there is nothing that will change that. A company with a hollow champion isn’t much of a company at all. But I am looking to fix this. You see tonight you face both of the men you will face for that very belt that you call your own. In a matter of a few weeks from now you will face us again, but you won’t have the luxury of a partner. There are a few things that you are going to have to think about as the time nears. Will they work together like they did as a team and turn it into a handicap match? Will they be divided? If they do team up on me how do I break their pact? Is there anyway that I can prepare for this match at all? Well I will comfort you by answering that last question, which you undoubtedly have all ready began to go over in your head. The answer is “No” There is no way to prepare for what you face… but rest assured I will come into our match more than prepared in more than one way. When it comes down to it Pain it will be are you man enough to knock me unconscious ? Because that is the ONLY way that you walk out of this confrontation as champion.

Hey Griff, Pain is not the champion yet, unless you guys alredy decided lol. And its not a 3 way.

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

ugh i can't seem to break the glass ceiling for the number one spot!

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

I really phoned it in this week! My promo was terrible! I must remember to do it BEFORE I get set this weeks coursework!

More like Hall of Lamer

Status

Yeah, I think the Brotherhood really got jipped royal after reading the promos, but oh well

Then, now, forever.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of lEMOn View Post
    Yeah, I think the Brotherhood really got jipped royal after reading the promos, but oh well
    The Rainbow Room is the #1 talk show in the business today lol.

And Im not a guy who likes to pat his own back , but unlike the rest of the promos, I thought mine was at least original .

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of lEMOn View Post
    Ok, but the majority of the show is usually based around the Stable, and have come out on top nonetheless

More like Hall of Lamer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
    The Rainbow Room is the #1 talk show in the business today lol.

And Im not a guy who likes to pat his own back , but unlike the rest of the promos, I thought mine was at least original .
    lol well if it helps, I thought your promo was the better of the two between you and Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Paid Laid Made View Post
    Ok, but the majority of the show is usually based around the Stable, and have come out on top nonetheless
    I don't really care that we lost, especially if it furthers a story line in some way (which I guess this week kind of did). I just think that our Promo was more entertaining than Griffs when it comes ranking top 5s. But I digress, and agree with the rest of the rankings completely.

Then, now, forever.

Danger Zone

Status

I see why I lost JayMan put up a good promo

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Man, that GD laid down a helluva promo this week.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Thread Information