View Poll Results: Your anticipation level for WrestleMania 35?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll

3 8.11%

2 5.41%

1 2.70%

2 5.41%

2 5.41%

6 16.22%

10 27.03%

7 18.92%

2 5.41%

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your anticipation level for WrestleMania 35?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Wrestlemania Generic Your anticipation level for WrestleMania 35?

Given that we're just about a week out from the pre-show beginning, I thought it would be interesting to see how much everyone was looking forward to this year's show of shows. While I do realize that WrestleMania has become a bit of a slog these days, it's still the biggest wrestling show of the year and one that most people go out of their way to watch. These days, I generally find myself getting more excited as the day draws nearer but this year I'm actually already just about there. I think the majority of the matches look interesting enough on paper and even the one that has the least promise (HHH/Batista) will probably be glorious wrestlecrap, which makes it an instant win for me. I'm putting my anticipation level at a solid 7 with the hope that the go home shows this week may kick it up an extra notch prior to Sunday.

So, your turn folks, how much are you looking forward to WrestleMania this year?
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 03-31-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movie Musicals~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Your anticipation level for WrestleMania 35?

I posted this in another thread, but my stance hasn't changed. As good as the card looks, I have no desire to spend two evenings of my week plowing through this after the last two years.

Part of me realises there's a good chance that'll change, but part of me wants to stand behind my stance on WWE these days and not simply cave "because it's Wrestlemania".

I dunno, I guess we'll see. I've watched a few of the past WM matches they've posted on Youtube (notably the shorter ones) lately, so clearly there's some interest there.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

It's pretty high. The only match on the main card I really have no interest in would be Finn vs. Bobby. Even Triple H vs. Batista will have the aura of an important match going for it. And since I suspect someone will replace Corbin in the Angle match, that should be fine too. All in all, there's a surprising amount of star quality on the card and the potential for a lot of big moments when just about a month ago it felt like this would be a relatively uneventful show. I look forward to spending my entire Sunday watching this. I give it an 8.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

As a show overall, pretty low. I'd even say a 4 but looking at the individual matches, there are quite a few matches that I'm looking forward to watching. Roman vs Drew, AJ vs Orton, Bryan vs Kofi. I'm looking forward to seeing Brock destroy Seth (hopefully) too . So it brings it up to a six for now but I expect that to rise over the week.

No One

Status

One if only because I would love to hear about Kofi Kingston becoming a WWE Champion.

The Planet's Admin

Status

The past few years of watching mania live have proven that times up on Wrestlemania being a show of the year contender. The shows are just too long to maintain enjoyable beginnings. The crowds get burned out and even watching at home you’re taping out towards the end. When you see that surely mania this year will be the longest ever, it’s exhausting to think about it so that’s a downside.

i also think they’ve botched the women’s match to the point where I don’t care who wins anymore. And that should be the big hook of the show, the historic main event. I think I’ll enjoy about half the card and think Kofi Vs Bryan has been incredible so far, but there’s some matches that will be a chore to sit through.

I’ll give it a 6/10, because it’s mania and On the day I always get into it. I definitely looked forward to the rumble more than I’m looking forward to this though.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

If only they could cut Mania back down to 3-4 hours in total it would be amazing haha...anyway onto the topic at hand, the interest is simmering at the moment, but my excitement will build come the end of the week, so at the moment err i'd say a 5.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It's a fun get-together with friends, even if our numbers do dwindle by the last couple hours and I'm dying to go home and sleep. So I'll always look forward to that, even if the card is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status

Its just too long of a show for a sunday. So a decent 1.
    Vayne, Fuji, Grim, Booty,Shock, Rainskaker, Nat, Hoho and Lghikas are the best!!!!!!!!!!

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

I am pretty excited just for the hype knowing it’s Wrestlemania Sunday. If anything, having my friends over to watch and ordering a shit load of pizza and wings is worth it even if the show drags. Hopefully the show will be better/shorter than last year, but I doubt it. I’m most excited for AJ/Orton and Brock/Rollins.

WWF-1991 and Beyond-THE BIGGEST PARTY OF THE SUMMER- SUMMERSLAM- IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

Indy Talent

Status

I'm disappointed that there's no like ladder match or anything huge stipulation, money in the bank is truly missed at Mania. I'm just hoping the card over-delivers, I'm a solid 5-6/10 for this year.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

It's our Christmas, and I can't wait. The length doesn't bother me since I'll be spending most of my time shitposting on here rather than watching the Finn Balor match.

The card could have been better, the booking going into the show could have been a lot better, but it's Wrestlemania so it's always a 10/10 for me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I feel like every year WrestleMania becomes a little less special.

I'm looking forward to Miz v Shane, and would love to see Kofi beat Bryan. But thats probably about it. Everything else is just background noise. Like the Universal Title match, either Brock retains and we continue with that or a mediocre midcarder in Seth Rollins is the one to dethrone him. Neither option is much fun. The rest of it just seems unimportant or they've ruined the build; Ronda v Horseys.

Status

Fuji... where are the negative options?

Honestly, my vibe for the whole WWE lately has been pretty low, and the build to WrestleMania has done little to ease that. I've watched sporadically over the past few months, skipping entire weeks when there was just no vibe there, and watching on PVR otherwise so that I can skip thru a lot of the crap (and also the commercials).

Most of the stuff I would probably be hyped for has been overbooked to the point I just don't give a fuck anymore. I am fully anticipating us getting like an hour of Triple H and Batista meandering thru the arena before Triple H triumphs and gets to keep his precious career going for the good of us all. The threeway main event would be awesome, but they have killed Becky for me.

The length is another factor. I'm expecting so much time-filling crap in addition to the volume of matches that will probably have me heading home from the "viewing party" 2 hours before it ends again like last year. Honestly, if it wasn't for my buddy having us over, I'm not completely convinced I would be that eager to watch it live at all.

It could out to be a really fun 17 hours of wrestling viewing. Some of the matches could really deliver, even if the build hasn't been anything I've enjoyed. But in terms of anticipation, this is really fucking low for me.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Fuji... where are the negative options?
    I was trying to maintain a certain degree of positivity.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I’m pretty pumped I love the show and I don’t care how long it is. Mania is something special and I’m happy to live in a world where we get so much wrestling for free. I grew up never being able to afford the ppvS and I don’t take for granted what we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    I’m pretty pumped I love the show and I don’t care how long it is. Mania is something special and I’m happy to live in a world where we get so much wrestling for free. I grew up never being able to afford the ppvS and I don’t take for granted what we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That makes two of us. I didnt really get to watch pics until I was in college. I was however able to watch WM 2-4 at a friends house when they aired. I am excited but not sure how much time I can put into watching it due to work priorities and life but I will watch some of it.

it's the fastest tap a junk in the galaxy

TEAM CYRUS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I was trying to maintain a certain degree of positivity.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Pfft.... positivity. Pfft.

We got folks like Jake, EC, and Shock for that. What about us aging curmudgeons? What about us that haven't emotionally moved past Iron Mike Sharpe never getting his due? What about us?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Booking, mostly

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I'm actually quite positive about this show. The length will be an issue, as will the Triple H and Shane McMahon matches going twice as long as they should ... but I'm excited for the main event (despite how badly botched the angle has been since it peaked the night after the Rumble), as it's the first one since WrestleMania 31 that should actually get a positive reaction from the fans. No matter how long this show is, those fans will surely pick themselves up for that triple threat. My fear is that once it's over the three women all break kayfabe (I mean, Ronda's already told us it's all fake anyway; why bother with the pretence?) and hug each other, then get presented with flowers from the creator of the womens revolution; Stephanie McMahon to end the show.

I'm looking forward to Roman Reigns having a match that's not got the main event spotlight, against a guy that's not broken down or uninteresting. Really expecting that match with Drew to be in the discussion for MOTN honours.

Also, getting Daniel Bryan in a WWE Title match at WrestleMania, when a little over a year ago he was retired (even if for some reason I can't quite get into the Kofi push) is a major bonus. Unless he jobs in 18 seconds...

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what I think of the product at the time, or how badly the "road" has been booked to the show. It's WrestleMania. I'll get excited for it, and inevitably be let down. I'll tell myself I'm not wasting a day's leave from work to sit up and watch a 7 hour long (or longer~!!) wrestling show ever again ... then go through the exact same process a year from now.

2019 KING OF BTB TOURNAMENT - SIGN UPS BEGIN JULY

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Pfft.... positivity. Pfft.

We got folks like Jake, EC, and Shock for that. What about us aging curmudgeons? What about us that haven't emotionally moved past Iron Mike Sharpe never getting his due? What about us?
    Are you yelling this at a cloud?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information