View Poll Results: Should Charlotte be added to the match

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 3 way!

4 11.43%
  • No, leave it as Ronda/Becky

31 88.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which match to book for Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania?

Status
      Country                    United States

Which match to book for Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania?

This is a topic that is already being discussed plenty and will certainly be a dominant discussion as we move closer to Wrestlemania.

Many people believe that this will be the year we have our first female WrestleMania main event and there has never been a better time for it. The women's division is en fuego and over the last 10 months or more has been outshining the males on the roster at each turn. The debut and rise of mainstream star Ronda Rousey has been a huge factor in sparking this dominance and the emergence of Becky Lynch as “The Man” took the heat up another notch. Now, after winning the Royal Rumble this year, Becky Lynch is on a collision course with Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey. It is almost unanimously agreed on that these two will be closing the biggest show of the year together.

But there is another factor in all of this. Charlotte Flair. “The Queen” has been the standard bearer for the women's division for years now. She is the most decorated women's champion WWE has ever had and has played a part in her share of the best women's matches the company has ever run. Sure, many will say she has had this success because she gets preferential booking, and that is pretty much indisputable. But has she not proven herself a fitting choice? She rarely has a bad match and always rises to the occasion when the lights are the brightest. She has been everything WWE could hope for.

Now, she is not as hot as Becky and Ronda at this moment. However, she does have unfinished business with both ladies and would be a good supplement of talent and name value to this already stacked match up. On top of that, she has done so much positive in the women's division, it would be a disappointment for her to miss out on the first women's WrestleMania main event. Finally, you have to consider crowd reaction. Becky is the most over person in the company by a good margin. WWE have been treating Ronda as a face her entire run and she seems to react poorly to rejection from the crowd. If you put her in there one on one with Becky, there's a strong possibility of the crowd turning on her. Charlotte has been walking a fine line between face and heel for a couple of months now and has no problem being the villain. Inserting her into the match creates a clear antagonist who could deflect heat from Ronda. I have heard arguments that inserting Charlotte could lead to Becky pinning her for the title and lessening the victory. I don't see that being an issue. If they go that route, the match can still be booked in a way that makes it clear Becky has outclassed Ronda but it will also keep the door open for a rematch between the two down the road, which will be useful if Ronda does decide to step away after Mania. Or if Ronda is staying and booked to win, they can still book her to face whichever of the two she doesn't go over. I feel like having that third variable in there gives you more options for where to go after Mania and makes the match harder to predict.

So, the question is which match should be booked for WrestleMania? Ronda vs. Becky one on one or a triple threat featuring Charlotte?

I am in favor of the triple threat for the reasons I've mentioned. The story is there, there's no reason to have less star power, it creates more possible outcomes, Charlotte deserves to be a part of this historic match, it could save the fans from turning on Ronda and in general I feel like it will be a more enjoyable bout.

How do you think the match should be booked?

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Which match to book for Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania?

Simply put it has to be Becky vs Ronda and The Man has to win to create a mega star going forward that will fill the Rousey void if she is indeed leaving after WrestleMania. Furthermore I'd run Asuka vs Charlotte II as I really don't see what else you do other than a multiperson match on SmackDown and I don't want that and a Triple Threat for the RAW Women's Title.

I just think the fans will shit all over it if Charlotte is included when she doesn't deserve to be. I know there is the Survivor Series story and they need to cross paths again but you could even do that at Elimination Chamber or Fastlane. Have Charlotte take on Rousey with the stip she enters the Mania match if she wins to make fans fear what might happen and then have her lose.

I also fear Charlotte just loses to Becky in the Triple Threat and there isn't really any resolution to Becky/Rousey. I think you just make Ronda the de facto heel for this feud as she is going to get booed and if she's leaving anyway it gives you the perfect story for her to exit WWE. I just think shoehorning Charlotte in is pointless and diminishes the match.

It is like saying The Rock is facing Stone Cold but should we add Kurt Angle and make it a Triple Threat if you want to really simplify it. I dunno just my two cents.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Stick with Ronda vs. Becky.
    Have Charlotte face Asuka in a WM Rematch for the SD Women's title with Asuka getting her win back, and let Rousey and Lynch do their own thing.

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah you couldn't go wrong with Charlotte being involved in this, but I would roll with Becky vs Ronda straight up. They'll do find together and the Promos are going to be even more better as we get closer to Mania. It does leave Charlotte an empty spot for the PPV, yeah they could do Asuka vs Charlotte 2, but I had a little prediction maybe Charlotte vs Kairi Sane? I thought that little interaction between the two in the Rumble was cool and it would be a David vs Goliath type of Match. I'm sure WWE would never do it, but it could be a very good Match in my opinion.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

Added a poll.

From the story perspective, it's better to have Charlotte involved because Ronda has equal reasons to want revenge on the two of them for the Raw and Survivor Series cheap attacks, and they have equal reasons to want revenge on her for costing them BOTH the title at TLC. Whatever you move Charlotte onto if it isn't the Raw womens title match will feel like a come down for her and it essentially means you're going to build the Wrestlemania main event by telling half the story and omitting Charlotte's role. Sure you may get a better match from a singles match, but the stronger story, build, heat and resolution comes with Charlotte being involved and threatening to steal Becky's spotlight.

Also this week horribly exposed Ronda, and if we get 2 months more of promos where Ronda is shook and being outclassed by Becky then I honestly thing I'll start to lose interest. I think Ronda would just look bad by the fact she's not Becky and fans would continue to turn against her which WWE don't want. Charlotte's road to getting into the match and how Becky reacts to that would keep me engaged over the next few months.

My one reservation about making it a triple threat is that it gives WWE the out to have Ronda lose without getting pinned and that would be the worst thing about this whole thing if neither woman gets the bragging rights and the kudos of being the first to defeat Ronda. But then again, is that overthinking things, did it really matter that Daniel Bryan won the world title at WMXXX in a triple threat rather than a singles match? the lasting memory was him lifting the title belts to close the show and put him over huge.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Added a poll.

From the story perspective, it's better to have Charlotte involved because Ronda has equal reasons to want revenge on the two of them for the Raw and Survivor Series cheap attacks, and they have equal reasons to want revenge on her for costing them BOTH the title at TLC. Whatever you move Charlotte onto if it isn't the Raw womens title match will feel like a come down for her and it essentially means you're going to build the Wrestlemania main event by telling half the story and omitting Charlotte's role. Sure you may get a better match from a singles match, but the stronger story, build, heat and resolution comes with Charlotte being involved and threatening to steal Becky's spotlight.

Also this week horribly exposed Ronda, and if we get 2 months more of promos where Ronda is shook and being outclassed by Becky then I honestly thing I'll start to lose interest. I think Ronda would just look bad by the fact she's not Becky and fans would continue to turn against her which WWE don't want. Charlotte's road to getting into the match and how Becky reacts to that would keep me engaged over the next few months.

My one reservation about making it a triple threat is that it gives WWE the out to have Ronda lose without getting pinned and that would be the worst thing about this whole thing if neither woman gets the bragging rights and the kudos of being the first to defeat Ronda. But then again, is that overthinking things, did it really matter that Daniel Bryan won the world title at WMXXX in a triple threat rather than a singles match? the lasting memory was him lifting the title belts to close the show and put him over huge.
    Good work on adding the poll!

Yeah, I think we're on the same page. There are more reasons to include Charlotte than there is to leave her out. And after Ronda's performance on Monday it's fair to say that two more months of that would really hurt her stock. The process of Charlotte trying to get into the match will add another layer of intrigue to the feud. I feel like people are just psyching themselves out overthinking how it will impact Becky's trajectory.

To address some of what you said, Order - If the fans turn on Charlotte heading into Mania, that might be ideal. I suggested she should be the antagonist anyways, so if the crowd turns on her then good. It will make people happier if Becky does pull off the W. It will also hopefully prevent them from souring on Ronda which is very possible with the reports of her leaving after Mania.

I'm also not going for the Austin, Rock, Angle analogy. Putting Charlotte into this match would be entirely justifiable. If anything, leaving her out would be overlooking how pivotal she's been in getting us to this point.

Yooooo Mang

Status

I’m with Order. Becky has earned this spot to shine on her own. Charlotte v Asuka II has plenty of built in story to go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    I’m with Order. Becky has earned this spot to shine on her own. Charlotte v Asuka II has plenty of built in story to go as well.

Becky would be nothing without Nia Jax.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Becky would be nothing without Nia Jax.

I mean if you don’t wanna be friends anymore just tell me

Status

I could never quit you Booty <3

No that was a joke... but I'm kind of on the opposite side. I think Charlotte is the one who deserves to at least be included. She is the most consistent and accomplished woman in WWE history and she has been a huge part of both of these women's years. Now we are looking at presumably the first ever women's WrestleMania event and you're going to leave her out of it despite all that? Seems like a ripoff.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Then let’s not mention Nia again lol

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I agree with Ed. Not including Charlotte feels like an incomplete story to me. Charlotte was involved in an indecisive match at Survivor Series with Ronda, got screwed out of the title at TLC, and got beaten at the Rumble by someone who wasn't supposed to be in the match. Not to mention she has been feuding with Becky for five months now.

For those saying what about the SmackDown side of things, but Asuka could wrestle anyone and she'd make it work. I'd probably try and work out how to get Nia over to wrestle Asuka since she's an over heel and the fans will be into it for fear of her winning.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I agree with Ed. Not including Charlotte feels like an incomplete story to me. Charlotte was involved in an indecisive match at Survivor Series with Ronda, got screwed out of the title at TLC, and got beaten at the Rumble by someone who wasn't supposed to be in the match. Not to mention she has been feuding with Becky for five months now.

For those saying what about the SmackDown side of things, but Asuka could wrestle anyone and she'd make it work. I'd probably try and work out how to get Nia over to wrestle Asuka since she's an over heel and the fans will be into it for fear of her winning.
    Nia or Nikki for Asuka's opponent imo. But like you said, they can make almost anyone work. They have time and a great champion to be able to pull it off.

Yooooo Mang

Status

I also think something should be said for letting them see if Becky and Rhonda are up to Main Eventing Wrestlemania an their own. We all know Charlotte is up for that spotlight. This lets them see if Becky really is the Man. But I know no matter what I say the Charlotte fanboys are gonna die on the cross that she should be in this even though she’s not needed for this and the least interesting of the 3.

Status

I also think something should be said for letting them see if Becky and Rhonda are up to Main Eventing Wrestlemania an their own. We all know Charlotte is up for that spotlight. This lets them see if Becky really is the Man. But I know no matter what I say the Charlotte fanboys are gonna die on the cross that she should be in this even though she’s not needed for this and the least interesting of the 3.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Both are fine matches but I really have no interest in a triple threat match. Added Charlotte to the mix would make the match feel over bloated and forced. I think Becky beating Charlotte one last time in the build would do Charlotte just fine for the feud, and then Charlotte can have her WM rematch with Asuka that everyone predicted last year.Assuming Ronda stays they could always have a match at Summerslam which is more reason to hold off on a triple threat.

If Ronda is gonna lose to Becky it really should be one vs one.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Never gonna give you up never gonna let you down

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Put me in with those who want a straight up singles match.
    It's ridiculous to me that Charlotte is even in this storyline. Becky got over more organically than anybody since Daniel Bryan. It was clear WWE wanted Charlotte in this at survivor series. Ronda and Charlotte should have just had a good match and that be the end of it. But they just had Charlotte go all crazy, which at the time made no sense character wise, just as a way to force Charlotte into this feud.
    This match does not need Charlotte, she adds nothing more than Becky pinning Charlotte to win.
    Charlotte has been the leader of the women's division and at this point I feel she's better used putting someone else over. Asuka vs Charlotte works because Asuka wins that match and gets redemption and it doesn't hurt Charlotte at all, she's still considered a main eventer. But this way so is Asuka.
    I'd rather see Charlotte earn a shot at Ronda somehow at elimination chamber or fastlane and have them tie up any loose ends there.
    Also since this is probably the first time women will close Wrestlemania a one on one match is the way to go, it just feels right.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

I would prefer a straight up one on one match as not only do you not devalue the Rumble winners one on one match, you also allow the person that deserves it most...Becky...her one on one shot and allows her to be the first to put Ronda away. However this is WWE we all know Charlotte has to be the first to do the majority of things in this company.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Chikara Trainee

Status

I see the advantages and disadvantages of both.

Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey 1-on-1
    advantages: We finally get the match we should have had at Survivor Series. I'm assuming that we'll see a triple threat for Rollins/Strowman/Lesnar somehow, so if we can avoid another triple threat, that would be awesome! Especially if it's going to be our main event. Also, this opens up Charlotte to contend for the SmackDown Women's Championship, currently held by Asuka.
    disadvantages: Leaving Charlotte out of the TLC interference. A lot of pressure on Rousey to deliver, considering her and Lynch have never worked together, while Charlotte has the chemistry with Becky.

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte vs Ronda Rousey triple threat
    advantages: Completes the program hinted at TLC. Charlotte and Becky's chemistry can relieve Rousey from working a one on one 20-25 minute match.
    disadvantages: Who challenges Asuka? The SmackDown women's division suffers if both Lynch and Charlotte move to Raw. Hurdle of getting Charlotte scripted to Raw.

My personal vote is to have Lynch/Rousey and have Charlotte/Asuka. No offense, I don't believe any of the SmackDown women would be as compelling to watch at WrestleMania. I don't want to see a face Mella/Asuka match, and Sonya Deville would be the most legitimate competitor but a stretch having the first opportunity at WrestleMania. To me, SmackDown desperately needs Charlotte while the Lynch/Rousey match can survive on its own.

Thread Information