View Poll Results: What should main event TLC?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronda Vs Nia

1 3.85%
  • Becky Vs Charlotte Vs Asuka

10 38.46%
  • Bryan Vs AJ

15 57.69%

Thread: What should main event TLC?

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

What should main event TLC?

So at the next pay-per-view WWE have a decision on their hands that I don't think is straight forward. There's no Roman, there's no Brock, there's no DX/Undertaker circle jerks and both men and women are on the card unlike Evolution and Crown Jewel. So what are they going to choose to close the show because there's three realistic options that all have their merits?

Ronda Vs Nia - Ronda is the biggest star in the company, Becky might be hotter with wrestling fans but she's not the level of star Ronda is, and with the lack of talent over on Raw right now and how interest in Seth Vs Dean (which should be a bigger deal than it feels) has waned, this is the biggest match Raw has to offer the TLC card. Nia through incompetence has become a heat magnet in the company so I expect fans will be into this one. The only thing against it is the other womens match looks a bigger deal

Becky Vs Charlotte Vs Asuka - Fuck me. So it's officially the first ever womens TLC match and we all know how they love to promote these historic events. It's the three biggest and best women on the SD roster, Becky is crazy over at the moment, and one of her or Charlotte is likely facing Ronda at mania so maybe you give them the main event rub her to make it feel more like they belong in main events come Wrestlemania time wink wink. I also think it's the match that has the most chance of a title change out of the three. Truly anyone could win that.

Bryan Vs AJ - I think this is the biggest WWE title match in a long ass time; I know Nakamura Vs AJ for the first time was more anticipated but we knew that match would be lost in the shuffle at Wrestlemania to the bigger stars. This is two of the best ever having a title match with no silly stipulations and it's more heated because AJ got screwed out of the title and there's reasons to be hopeful that Bryan's heel turn continues to rule. Biggest thing against it is AJ/WWE title never main events duel branded PPVs.

My vote would be for Becky/Charlotte/Asuka, but I'd be happy with AJ/Bryan, it's about time that title was thrown a bone.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: What should main event TLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Biggest thing against it is AJ/WWE title never main events duel branded PPVs.
    I'm voting for AJ/Bryan for this reason alone. While I think it would be bittersweet for AJ to finally get a main event after he's no longer the champ I do feel like it's more than deserved at this point. Plus, with him going into contract negotiations, WWE may feel like it's a good time to give him a little something to show his importance to them. The fact that it'll most likely be an amazing match is just icing on the cake.

That being said, I fully expect the women's TLC match to main event and, like you, I'm perfectly fine with that. It's full of star power, the outcome is far from predictable and it is the match that the PPV is named after.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Bruce Willis Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    United States

Becky Charlotte and Asuka for sure.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

It's a bit of a hilarious fuck you to AJ/Smackdown if Roman and Brock are off the show with no Universal title match and he STILL can't main event.

That said, agree with the women's TLC headlining.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Genuinely a tough choice. All three are marquee matches - Rousey/Jax less so, but still - that I could see any of them closing TLC.

If the WWE Championship had main evented a couple of shows previously during AJ's reign then the choice should easily be Lynch/Flair/Asuka, but since it hasn't I can't help but feel this is a good time to throw it a bone.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

Status

So we're ruling out the possibility of Corbin vs. Strowman as the main event?

I voted Bryan/Styles. Seems like it could be an epic encounter. Of course, logically, it could easily be the SD women's match since it is a TLC match a high profile encounter in it's own right.

Merry Christmas

Status

I voted for Styles/Bryan because it would be nice to see the WWE Championship in the main event to close out the show, but at the same time I can see the FIRST EVER women’s TLC match taking the spot and I would be perfectly fine with that too. I can see the argument too for Nia and Ronda but I personally don’t think it will be taking the spot.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

AJ/Bryan. Although the womens 3 way should be a solid bout, it doesnt pack the punch of AJ/Bryan main eventing a ppv.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC
    So we're ruling out the possibility of Corbin vs. Strowman as the main event?

I voted Bryan/Styles. Seems like it could be an epic encounter. Of course, logically, it could easily be the SD women's match since it is a TLC match a high profile encounter in it's own right.
    Didn't even think of that one. But it is the most likely w/ Bryan/Styles as the next.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    Canada

With how white hot Becky is and it being a TLC Triple Threat with 3 of the best workers in the company, it should definitely close out the show.

Backyarder

Status

Traditionally, I would want Styles/Bryan to main event. It is the WWE Championship match and with no Universal Championship match on the card, it should main event. Unfortunately, it's not valued as high as it once was. This philosophy should change with FOX grabbing SmackDown, but one can only hope.

But truthfully, I think the main event should be Corbin versus Strowman. This is for an opportunity for Strowman to get his title opportunity against Brock Lesnar, which is one everyone wants to see. In addition, Corbin's rights for the General Manager job is on the line. This has the most stock in the match for both competitors and with two lower card matches (Elias v Lashley, Balor v McIntyre) already being invested into the match, it definitely should main event this PPV. Also in the case for it is being a TLC match, and many can look into Raw the following night for the fallout. TLC will be left on a cliff-hanger with this match main eventing, which is the biggest allure that none of the other matches have.

Personally, I'm not tuning into Raw to hear Rousey's promo for winning. SmackDown has the disadvantage of waiting an extra night for the fallout of either the Women's or WWE Championship matches, though they're likely to be one of the better matches of the evening. I will be tuning into Raw to see the fallout of the Strowman/Corbin match. If Corbin won, who is next to face Lesnar? How will Corbin push Lashley and McIntyre? How will Corbin make Strowman's life miserable, in addition to Elias and Balor? But if Strowman wins, who is going to run Monday Night Raw? What happens next to Baron Corbin?

All these questions I will be left with, despite the result. If WWE wants fans to tune into Raw out of curiosity, they will let Strowman and Corbin main event.

Thread Information